Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default PC-8 Fuse Panel and Relay Kit

I finished installing Eastern Beaver's PC-8 with 50 Amp Relay Kit last night. I mounted the fuse panel and relay under the seat (fits nicely), and the wiring harness is neatly placed and wire tied. I ran the Switching wire to one of the rear tail lights.

This was an extremely easy install and didn't take that long to do. I left my Battery Tender connection directly to the battery. Then off the new fuse panel I connected my heat controller and also my 12V digital volt meter. For my GPS which terminates in a cigarette type plug, I bought an adaptor that plugs into the Battery Tender's pig tail and provides the female socket for the plug. So with this adaptor during riding time I can use the GPS, then when parked in the garage I remove the adaptor and plug into the charger. Neat!

With the PC-8, I can now plan on future accessaries to add - and have plenty of slots to tap into for power.

Jim Davis from Eastern Beaver is a true craftsman! His work is top notch and he uses the best parts etc. for great products. If you get a chance, visit his web site and peruse the many products as well as to get an idea of his vast knowledge.

John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can you post a pic of where exactly you mounted it? I couldn't find anywhere under the seat to mount it without getting real creative and cutting stuff.

I mounted mine under the "Tank" hump.... Gives me fairly easy access when needed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Dan,

I'll get my Son-in-Law to take the picture as I don't have a digital camera. I'll post pics as soon as possible for you.

I didn't have to cut anything. It fits perfectly - you'll see in the upcoming pics.

John

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the PC-8 as well. I wish it didn't have a screw on cover as it makes checking fuses more work than a snap on cover would. Other than that I like it as a quality piece.

I stuck mine behind the speedometer, relay under the seat. Having the fuse panel close to the instruments and handlebars mkaes for short wiring runs to my accessories- GPS and power for heated gear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jrbloise View Post
    Dan,

I'll get my Son-in-Law to take the picture as I don't have a digital camera. I'll post pics as soon as possible for you.

I didn't have to cut anything. It fits perfectly - you'll see in the upcoming pics.

John
    I'll take pictures of mine tomorrow.