Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default East Coast Cycle Center

Hi everyone! I starting to looking for an RT-S. Has anyone had any experience with East Coast Cycle Center? Thanks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Beware of East Coast. They pulled this ad from ebay when I got to the dealership. They wanted to charge me a setup fee. They put the ad back on ebay the next day. VERY DISHONEST DEALER!

THERE ARE NO HIDDEN COSTS!
    WE DON'T CHARGE FREIGHT AND SETUP LIKE OTHER DEALERS!
    COMPARE OUR PRICES TO THEIRS AFTER ADDING IN ALL OF THE ADDITIONAL FEES AND YOU WILL COME BACK TO US!
    WE CHARGE A DOCUMENTATION FEE OF $198. THAT IS IT!
    If you have any questions we can be contacted at:
    1-800-311-3278, 215-639-3100 or info@eastcoastcyclecenter.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdminc View Post
    Hi everyone! I starting to looking for an RT-S. Has anyone had any experience with East Coast Cycle Center? Thanks.
    I just purchased a 2011 RTS/SE5 from East Coast Cycle Center last wednesday. I dealt with Aaron in sales, Alan in service and Walt the owner. I received excellent help with all my questions and they were very courteous. I find them an excellent company to do business with. They have a gigantic parts department and very knowledgeable people who can help you with any accessory you could possibly ask for. I already have 350 miles on the Spyder in less than a week and I will be ready for my 600 mile service very shortly.

Gordon from New Jersey
    P.S. Every dealer I have dealt with have freight and setup charges. If they don't show it, then they are putting it in the price. However, there shouldn't be any freight and setup charges on USED bikes. East Coast Cycle Center also gives a 1 year warranty on USED BIKES. The Can-Am has a 2 year warranty (parts and labor) from their dealership.

Spyder Garage

Default East Coast Cycle Center, Bensalem, Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    I just purchased a 2011 RTS/SE5 from East Coast Cycle Center last wednesday. I dealt with Aaron in sales, Alan in service and Walt the owner. I received excellent help with all my questions and they were very courteous. I find them an excellent company to do business with. They have a gigantic parts department and very knowledgeable people who can help you with any accessory you could possibly ask for. I already have 350 miles on the Spyder in less than a week and I will be ready for my 600 mile service very shortly.

Gordon from New Jersey
    P.S. Every dealer I have dealt with have freight and setup charges. If they don't show it, then they are putting it in the price. However, there shouldn't be any freight and setup charges on USED bikes. East Coast Cycle Center also gives a 1 year warranty on USED BIKES. The Can-Am has a 2 year warranty (parts and labor) from their dealership.
    Oct. 19, 2011
    Last week I had my 3,000 mile service and everything was fine. They definitely went over all the items that are necessary to be checked or replaced. I have no problem at all with this dealership and recommend them to all my friends, whether they are buying a new, used or selling their cycle. Aaron, Alan & Walt are really good people and earn their customers business.

Spyder Garage

Cool

I went there about a month and a half ago, looking for a 2011 RT-S , did not like their customer service. I picked up my spider from the motorcycle mall. Had to go a little ways, but save a lot of money.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default So far...so good!

I have a 2012 RT-S SE5 from them. they were great to deal with and did a quick turnaround on the 600m service.CAN AM SPYDER.jpg

Spyder Garage

J & J powersports, great place to deal with. In DE.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Zombies, they walk the Earth...

I bought my RS from them-- a new 2010 back in May 2011.

Since I live down here in DC, I did all the initial negotiations via email. Negotiating price was easy; trying to set up the payment was not. I needed some paperwork from them in order to get the cashier's check from my credit union, but they kept insisting they needed my cashier's check first in order to give me the paperwork. Was a SERIOUS illogical PITA.

Once I actually got up there, I asked to take a short test ride of the bike I was buying and they wouldn't let me do so until I actually had signed all the paperwork and bought it. I had told them before that I had ridden an RT in my trike class, so the salesman said, "Oh, it rides the same, so why would you want to ride this one?" Ummm, because I'm paying you people $16,000+ to buy this model, you jackwagon?

Anyway... I wasn't impressed with their sales staff, but the RS was the right price, and with 10,000 trouble-free miles on it, it seems they did the setup just fine, so it all evens out.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

I had no luck with East coast...mostly no responses and didn't seem to care much....others had ok experiences....what sucks is they are only 10 miles or so away.... yet i bought in cuba MO and service in DE. At least i get a 80 mile round trip when getting a service done..
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I did not get a warm and fuzzy from East Coast. Went to Blackmans in Emmaus and had a very good experience. Dealt with Bob Kuntz.

Spyder Garage

I went to east coast cycle at first when shopping for a Spyder last month and after about 20 minutes of trying to start the process I went elsewhere.

Since I only had my permit, all they would let me do is sit on the Spyder in the showroom. He said to come back and see them once I had my license or I could just buy it without ever test driving.....

I ended up at SmithMarineUSA.com the next day and after about 15 minutes of questions and answers, I was across the street test driving with one of the owners learning all about how much fun I am now having as a owner. We were over there for the better part of an hour and I was hooked.

2012 RS - White
    Helibar Risers | SFB Black Anodized Front Floorboard Set |
    Can Am Spyder Billet Brake Lever Cover Kit | R-35 Saddlebag Panel Kit
    R-35 Rigid Saddlebag Kit | Sport / Touring Windshield

Spyder Garage

Smile East Coast Cycle Center

July 11,2012

I bought my 2011 RTS/SE5 from East Coast Cycle Center in Bensalem, Pa. They had a new one in a crate and it was ready to go the following day. I dealt with Aaron , who is the senior salesman there and Alan in service and also Walt the owner. They were a pleasure to deal with. They didn't pressure me into anything and let me take a test ride down RT.13. When I got back I told them to build my machine and picked it up the following day. I met the technicians in service and they were very very knowledgeable when it comes to the Spyder and also every other type of cycle out there. The made me a very fair deal and I paid them with a cashiers check and off I went. I went back there for my 600 mile service and my 3,000 mile service also. I waited while they did the service. I didn't have to leave my bike overnight or for a couple of days. They are very efficient. I now have almost 5,000 miles and just received the booklet from BRP with the longer maintenance schedules. Now the oil changes are at 4,600 miles instead of 3,000. Valves don't have to be checked and adjusted until 14,000 miles. This will make service less expensive since the intervals are farther apart. I am also looking for the new oil side cover which will make the oil change easier. Yeah for BRP. I wouldn't go anywhere else to purchase a Spyder nor would I have it serviced anywhere else. Kudo's to the staff and owner of "EAST COAST CYCLE CENTER."

GORDON from Delanco, New Jersey

Spyder Garage

to the guy who likes that dealer can you read the post they had on ebay stated no srt up or frieght and they wouldnt do that for the buyer so thats a frad,the place should be run out of selling spyders or any thing else.

THERE ARE NO HIDDEN COSTS!
    WE DON'T CHARGE FREIGHT AND SETUP LIKE OTHER DEALERS!
    COMPARE OUR PRICES TO THEIRS AFTER ADDING IN ALL OF THE ADDITIONAL FEES AND YOU WILL COME BACK TO US!
    WE CHARGE A DOCUMENTATION FEE OF $198. THAT IS IT!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dliszews View Post
    I did not get a warm and fuzzy from East Coast. Went to Blackmans in Emmaus and had a very good experience. Dealt with Bob Kuntz.
    I had a great experience with Blackman's in Emmaus also. Bob has been very good to work with. We attended their Spring Spyder Open House and they allowed us to test ride any of the Spyders we wanted to. We drove 4 different Spyders that afternoon. Of course we were hooked and bought a 2012 RS-S SE5 from them.

Spyder Garage

I too am a fan of East Coast Cycle center I bought my 2009 phantom from them. At a great price way cheaper than what the Ohio dealers were asking. Happy riding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default East Coast

Thanks for asking about this. I am going to my demo ride with them on Friday. Took a long time for them to respond to my inquiry but will let all know about my experience with them shortly.

Spyder Garage

Default No problem with East Coast

I bought my RT-S in June 2011 from East Coast and they were a pleasure to deal with. Easy transaction, pick-up and first 600 mile service. They are however 75 miles from my house and that weights in on whether I will continue to use them for service or not, especially if I have to leave the bike for any reason.