Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

Default removing the frunk

could some one post how to remove the frunk. I want to install a sway bar.

Spyder Garage

It is really easy, only 4 bolts hold it on and then it is held in place on a ridge - you just lift it off the ridge once you have the bolts out.
    Go to evoluzione.com I am pretty sure the instructions on the procedure are on their site.

Registered Users
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Be sure to loosen...

the sensor bolt that is on the left side of the trunk. Then slide it out of the slot and move it back out of the way. "Left side" when you are in front of the spyder. Be sure you re-install the foam filter media on this sensor. /Ken

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget the 2 bolts underneath the spyder. Otherwise you will never lift it off. These bolts are brass colored. They bolt it to the frame I believe. I also think instructions are in the owners manual. You will also have to remove the trunk latch cable as well as the "buds" plug. These are on the top and will be exposed when you open the trunk hood. take the fuse cover off as well. Makes it easier to get to one of the top 4 bolts mentioned below.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nudle View Post
    could some one post how to remove the frunk. I want to install a sway bar.
    You really don't have to remove the trunk to install the sway bar. Just remove the bolts underneath, and slacken the top bolts a little, and you can tip the front of the trunk up enough to remove the old one, and fit the new. I did mine OK and it only took about 45 mins max.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You don't need to remove the trunk like mentioned above. As Trumpybob said just loosen the top bolts and it will give you enough room to install the swaybar. You will be very happy with the results.

(Sorry about the earlier misspell Bob)
    Last edited by bcspyder; 02-28-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcspyder View Post
    You don't need to remove the trunk like mentioned above. As Frumpybob said just loosen the top bolts and it will give you enough room to install the swaybar. You will be very happy with the results.
    FRUMPYbob
    What did you do to deserve that one Bob??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcspyder View Post
    You don't need to remove the trunk like mentioned above. As Trumpybob said just loosen the top bolts and it will give you enough room to install the swaybar. You will be very happy with the results.

(Sorry about the earlier misspell Bob)
    No problems. If that's the worse I'm called, I'll consider myself very fortunate.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Woo-Hoo!! Sway Bar is ON!!

I installed my Sway Bar this afternoon. All in all it was not a bad job at all; I found it to be a good way to get to know my Spyder alot better. The directions that came with the bar were very well written. There were only a few variations.

One was that they didn't mention the Skid Plate. No biggie though; 6 screws and off it came! Also, be very carfeul with the air temp sensor and don't lose the foam for the air sensor. And don't forget about the trunk latch!

One other thing was that the stop bushings (not the frame bushings; you get new ones with the new bar) that mount on the original bar will not fit with the stock hardware because the new bar is so much fatter, so I had to come up with an alternate mounting solution. But that too was no big deal as I had plenty laying about.

Of course while I had stuff off I cleaned all the suspension parts, adjusted my shocks, topped off my coolant etc. When I got everything cleaned up and sat on the bike, I could tell right away there was a difference; The bike didn't bounce like it usually does when I got on before. ANd of course, the big test; she fired right up and threw no codes! I'M TOTALLY STOKED NOW! It's time to take her out for a test. See ya when I get back!