Spyder Garage

Default Rear Radio Control

I am probably missing something, but playing with PE528 in the garage today (got it last night and it has rained all day today!), I discovered that the rear seat radio control will change the station (FM) but not adjust the volume at all. The front control changed the volume of both sets of speakers. Any one else notice this?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

I thought the same thing but have been told (and found it in the manual DOH!) that it only adjusts the volume of the passengers headset when the CB/Comms package is installed.
    2010 RT-S, PE#0011 (Babyanlee's "Evil Twin" in Australia), Garmin Zumo 660

Extremely Happy 2nd Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by strats View Post
    I thought the same thing but have been told (and found it in the manual DOH!) that it only adjusts the volume of the passengers headset when the CB/Comms package is installed.
    So in other words it is pretty much useless, except to make the driver nuts when the passenger keeps changing the station? Why advertise a feature as standard that only works for an optional feature. Bad move, BRP!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for helping keep me from reading the directions. I suppose it makes perfect sense but like Scotty says, the aft radio control probably should not do ANYthing unless there was a headset hooked up. I order one to see how it goes. If the admiral decides to ride with me on a regular basis, I am sure she will find a second one quick.

We had a great day today with the temps making it into the low fifties so I did get my first decent ride today.