Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

allot of work that has paid off handsomely. Congrats you have an awesome bike...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    I also lost my license plate reflector on the way to Daytona, and had to come up with a solution to keep from getting a ticket. Thanks to Lamont for stating a Cateye light would fit, the technical assistance folks at J&P Cycles for taking a look at the Spyder and figuring out which light would work, and to Dustin the contracted J&P mechanic for getting it installed for me.

Here is the package to show the actual model number of the light in case anyone else is interested in it:

It does require 2 new holes to be drilled into the rear fender, so it is highly recommended to remove the rear fender first:

Once the light is installed and the fender back on you should be good to go:

If anyone knows where to get Millenium Yellow touch up paint for the two places the stock light rubbed the paint off, please let me know.

With the addition of this light, my Spyder now looks like this from the rear at night:

I believe that is some very good visibility now, and well worth the time, money, and effort it took to get the lighting mods done.
    Do you have any lights pointing down on your license plate, or does the new running light illuminate it?
    09 GS SE5

20130727_151339 by Kebie05, on Flickr

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KEBIE View Post
    Do you have any lights pointing down on your license plate, or does the new running light illuminate it?
    I'm curious on this, too. I am probably going to order one of these lights, but it's hard to tell from J&P pics if it shines down on the plate. In your pics it looks like it.
    --
    Central Arkansas
    2010 RS-S SE5 Pearl White

Spyder Garage

All the cateyes I have seen or had on a bike have a clear plastic in the bottom for lighting the plate.