Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    one of your mods for my SpYder and my truck. Will post pictures when I get them.
    Sounds intriguing, I will be looking for the pictures.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default More New Mods - Lights!

My wife was kind enough to order some new lighting for my Spyder, as a bit of a surprise to me. She contacted ESI and made the purchase from them. I now have the Hyperbright Fender Tip LED lights, and the Day Runner LED light bars in Amber. She also order the Fender Tips Kit for each of our Spyders.

I spent a good portion of the day yesterday installing everything and getting them hooked up right. It was worth the effort, and very cool at the same time. Now the fender tips, day runners, and mud flaps, all act as turn signals, flashing opposite of the normal turn signals.

The visibility is greatly increased, and no one can ever say they did not see my turn signals now.

This is a picture of the Amber Day Runners and Hyperbirghts on my Spyder:

Here is a short video, albeit not the best quality, of all my lights in action:
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default your mods

I have a new hero.....
    I'd rather be on 3 wheels, but 18 pays the BILLs!
    We are a two SpYder family!

N1RDH

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by katnapper View Post
    I have a new hero.....
    You are way too kind. I am just modding my Spyder to my taste, and have seen a whole lot of others that I think have done a better job of it than me. I do appreciate the compliment though.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default New Lighting Mods Added

The latest mod project for my Spyder has been lighting it up a little for better night time visibility, and just to have some more fun as well.

TricLED amber fender tips light:

TricFenderz front view:

TricFenderz rear view, you will also notice that I now have full fender coverage with the graphics kit:

TricLED white headlight rings off:

On:

Side view:

TricLED amber fog light rings off:

On:

Side:

Used an additional set of amber TricFenderz to go along the underside of the body panels:

TricLED red lights in the rear that work as running and brake lights:

TricLED Puck light. These little things are very bright and very cool as well:

Finally, here is a video that shows all of my lighting mods working at some point. The video contains music, so you may want to adjust your speaker levels.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIJIPWJTYVE[/ame]
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Nice job on the video love! Just now saw it.

Yup, definately look like the love child of a Peterbilt and a VW bug.

I see our son managed to get in it. LOL Stinker!

My better half and the best dad ever!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Excellent additions! I'm really liking those LED headlight rings. As bright as they are those might work really well tied into a modulator. I'm planning on going with the HID lights and since I can't modulate those modulating the rings might work well too.

Questions: What headlight package are you running?
    Where you flashing just the headlight LED rings or the both?
    How did you achieve the opposite flash pattern?
    Since you are using the amber dayrunner strips as directional lights did you ever consider installing them on the upper control arm instead of the lower?
    Do you have the under seat strips tied into the brake circuit? I wasn't sure from the video. It looks like it but the taillights look to be over powering them.

Thanks!

I am running the stock BRP headlights, and the only white light flashing in the video is those headlight rings. I was actually wondering what the rules are on modulation, as with the 4 zone controller I have the ability to make these dim in and out at various speeds. If one of the settings matches modulation it may be good to go.

The opposite flash pattern between the turn signals and everything else comes naturally by the way the ESI Fender Tips Kit is installed.

To be honest, I never thought of placing the Day Runners anywhere other than where they are now. At night they give off a good bit of light, and just accent the turn signals even more. It may not be a bad idea to mount them on the upper arm, as they would look more like normal turn signals then.

Yes, the red LEDs under the seat are tied into the brake circuit, and get brighter when I apply the brakes. This was the first set that Reggy made based on my special request. He is working on some more now, and actually told me he may have found a way to make them even brighter. When he has them ready to go, we will be getting a set to install on my wife's Spyder and then I can run a side by side comparison.

I hope that answered all of your questions. If you have any more just let me know, as I am more than happy to help.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default LED Lighting Pictures at Night

I took some still photos of the LED lights tonight.

This is the front view with just the key turned on.

This is showing the fender tip and Fenderz lights:

Rear view of lights with just the key turned on:

This is the front view with all of the LED lights on only. Spyder is not running, headlights and foglights are off:

This is a 3/4 front view of the LED only lights on:

This is a side view of the LED only lights on:

This is a 3/4 rear view of the LED only:

This is the rear view with only the LED lights on:

Nobody should ever be able to say they didn't see my Spyder at night.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

UFO sighting....strange lights seen zooming at a rapid rate of speed. Does not resemble a car, truck or motorcycle. Approach with extreme caution

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post

UFO sighting....strange lights seen zooming at a rapid rate of speed. Does not resemble a car, truck or motorcycle. Approach with extreme caution
    I wonder if I could hide a small sticker of him someone on my Spyder?
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Active Member Lone Spyder Ryder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Love your yellow Spyder

WOW that is so nice. really sets the Spdyer off. How hard was it putting it all on.
    When you change the way to look at things,
    the things you look at change!
    Dr.Wayne Dyer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by leoejr View Post
    WOW that is so nice. really sets the Spdyer off. How hard was it putting it all on.
    Thanks! The lighting installs are not that difficult, more time consuming than anything else. Figuring out where you want to run the wires is the biggest challenge, as the Spyder seems to have had enough wires already.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default More New Lights Installed

I just can't seem to leave well enough alone, and got some more amber LED light strips from TricLED.com to light up the nose cone of my Spyder. The best thing about this install is I was able to run all of the wires together in a way that I can just disconnect the hot and ground from my control box, and these lights will only be attached to the frunk. That way it can be removed without too much hassle due to the wires. I have these hooked into zone 3 on my remote, so they all function as one unit with the steady on, flashing, and pulse, capabilities.

I took some daylight pictures of the finished product, notice the amber light showing up on the ground as well.

Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Night time shots of the new lighting mods.

Nose cone, ground effects at night:

Nose cone, ground effects, and fog light rings:

Key turned on shows nose cone, ground effects, fog light rings, fender tips, TricFenderz, and ESI Day Runners up front:

3/4 view of same lights as above turned on:

Nose cone, ground effects, fog light rings, fender tips, TricFenderz, Side Markers, and ESI Day Runners with LED Mud Flaps:

Same lights as above with headlight rings turned on. My headlights are not on in any of these pictures:
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

!!!

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Eraser.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Awsome mods! Although, not good to post pics that my hubby will see and getting an evil gleem in his eye looking at my Itsy...LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wvsquirrel View Post
    Awsome mods! Although, not good to post pics that my hubby will see and getting an evil gleem in his eye looking at my Itsy...LOL
    Thanks! I will be more than happy to add your husband to the list of people I have corrupted over the years. One of the best things about Spyder ownership is the ability to make it your own. Mod it to your tastes, and don't worry about what others might think. If they happen to like it in the end, consider that a bonus.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Another Month, More Lighting Mods

It has been over a month since my last mod, so time to make another change. TricLED completed work on the dual color TricFenderz and the new Project Nite lights. I went with amber/red on the TricFenderz and amber on the Project Nite ones. On to the pictures.

Front 3/4 view of my Spyder in the daylight:

Dual color TricFenderz in daylight:

Project Nite lights along middle panel in daylight:

Rear 3/4 view of my Spyder at dusk:

We also added white lights to my wife's Spyder:

This is a head to head shot of Good VS Bad in the TRON Spyder battle:

Some may think it is time for an intervention.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Out of curiosity, did you check into the legality of using all those lights/colors of lights on your bike while riding? I know some lights and light colors can make a bike no longer street legal in my state. So I'm wondering how careful you've been to make sure yours stays street legal or if you're not worrying about it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kytten View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you check into the legality of using all those lights/colors of lights on your bike while riding? I know some lights and light colors can make a bike no longer street legal in my state. So I'm wondering how careful you've been to make sure yours stays street legal or if you're not worrying about it?
    So far we have not had any issues with law enforcement, and quite a few of them have seen both Spyders. I am actually more concerned about my wife's Spyder and legal issues with the white lights than I am with mine as amber is legal for clearance lights everywhere.

Here is the real deal though. These are all connected to a 4 zone remote control box, which allows each zone to be turned on, off, flash, and fade, independently. So, if there was to be an issue we could turn them off with one push of a button and be on our way. No harm, no foul. There is no way I would do something like this where all the lights are on whenever the Spyder is on, as that could be asking for trouble. If we ryde somewhere that the LEOs don't like them, they can be shut off to accomodate and only used while parked for show.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    I've been meaning to tell you that I really like your newest sig photo. I just kept forgetting.
    Thank you sir. I appreciate the compliment.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

You need to add Glo Riders.....
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Campverdefela View Post
    You need to add Glo Riders.....
    I have been waiting for the remote controlled version to be released, but am also considering the possibility of doing something different on my own. Just have to see how things play out.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    So far we have not had any issues with law enforcement, and quite a few of them have seen both Spyders. I am actually more concerned about my wife's Spyder and legal issues with the white lights than I am with mine as amber is legal for clearance lights everywhere.

Here is the real deal though. These are all connected to a 4 zone remote control box, which allows each zone to be turned on, off, flash, and fade, independently. So, if there was to be an issue we could turn them off with one push of a button and be on our way. No harm, no foul. There is no way I would do something like this where all the lights are on whenever the Spyder is on, as that could be asking for trouble. If we ryde somewhere that the LEOs don't like them, they can be shut off to accomodate and only used while parked for show.
    Thanks for clarifying. My boyfriend just bought some lights for his bike (not a Spyder) and the person selling them made it a point to tell us about not using some colors while riding on the street. So when I saw your wife's -- the lights look somewhat blue in the photo -- I was curious if you looked into it.