Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE ALREADY!!

I just found out today that there is a new software update for the RT. Basically what happens is when the tripometer hits 9.9, 10hrs, the display turns orange. You turn the key on, Can Am is displayed, and the display comes up. Hit mode to start unit, and the screens turns orange. As far as I believe normal operation, but no display.
    Had a RT owner from Canada stop by with this problem. Brp has a letter that states, that a software update will be availible soon. I'm sorry, but if it starts like this, whats next?

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure that not all RT's are doing this. The one I had for 2500 miles didn't do this and the one I have now is a production unit so I'll let you know when I get to that. Should be this weekend for sure.

Spyder Garage

Unheard that if u turn key off and onreally fast and say spyder 3 times backwards that a hole in the ozone layer opens up you can ride in warmth for the whole day ,,,,, amazing ,,,,, what will they think of next
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    Unheard that if u turn key off and onreally fast and say spyder 3 times backwards that a hole in the ozone layer opens up you can ride in warmth for the whole day ,,,,, amazing ,,,,, what will they think of next
    Thanks for the tip, I will be trying that one tomorrow! Now, if they could come up with one to stop the rain, I would be set!
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

would you like to copy and paste the BRP letter?

Spyder Garage

Orange? Wow, would look sweet happening on a Timeless Black one - HDX would have his Harley Colors!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    Well...I love my GS, but that's the best reason ever to buy an RT!

WCU (Weather Control Unit)...another set of letters to add to the Spyder family!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm pretty sure that not all RT's are doing this. The one I had for 2500 miles didn't do this and the one I have now is a production unit so I'll let you know when I get to that. Should be this weekend for sure.

Did you get that mileage with less than 10 hours on the trip meter?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Did you get that mileage with less than 10 hours on the trip meter?
    Don't bother asking....sometimes you get an answer you don't want.

Besides, Lamont never looks at gauges, especially if they are telling him how fast he is going, how far he went or how long it took him to get there....

One day, while riding our M109R's, I asked him why we hit 130mph up an on-ramp to I-40...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OkiNutsEP3 View Post
    I just found out today that there is a new software update for the RT. Basically what happens is when the tripometer hits 9.9, 10hrs, the display turns orange. You turn the key on, Can Am is displayed, and the display comes up. Hit mode to start unit, and the screens turns orange. As far as I believe normal operation, but no display.
    Had a RT owner from Canada stop by with this problem. Brp has a letter that states, that a software update will be availible soon. I'm sorry, but if it starts like this, whats next?
    RT's only do that with people they don't like riding them... And if you think that's bad, you should see what happens at 20 hours!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

would you like to copy and paste the BRP letter?
    No need, I believe you. With 400,000 lines of code I'm sure there will be quite a few software updates as time goes by. Most everything that has a computer in it gets updates, some to fix problems they didn't know about and some to make it better.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

the whole scrren turns orange. That's it. You can't see anything, just orange. I want to see if our demo unit does this at 10hrs, or if it just the canadian model. Our demo has a ignition switch connector bulletin on it. I guess if you turn the handle bars, there is a possibility the connecter could come unplugged.

Spyder Garage

the whole scrren turns orange. That's it. You can't see anything, just orange. I want to see if our demo unit does this at 10hrs, or if it just the canadian model. Our demo has a ignition switch connector bulletin on it. I guess if you turn the handle bars, there is a possibility the connecter could come unplugged.
    They had a ziptie that was causing the problem that needs to be removed and attached in another area. I checked mine and it seems to be fine. This is something they just now found out.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cut the zip tide, free 3-4 inches on the cable, reapply the zip tide and you’re done.
    It was happening only when turn the handlebar to the right....
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Registered Users
    WISCONSIN....Across The Road From the Holsteins
    Spyder Garage

When I talk to my RT wrench the other day, he said there are 3 main computers on the RT's.

If there's trouble down the road, warranty or not, the easy fix for BRP would be to pull and replace the correct computer, not cheap I sure.......

Maybe LaMonster can verify this.

Spyder Garage

Default software update

We have #186 Demo that was shipped to our dealer to replace demo s in the region and never assembled,We talked dealer into seeking permission to sell it and on Jan. 5 my wife got her new bike,after assem. we were about to leave when Can Am called service mgr. to verify which bike we were buying [The First one sold in Tx.] he immediatley stopped us from leaving so this download could be done , it is my understanding that at 10hrs. this bike was going to shut off and not restart, basically no matter what you did. Since we travel 3 hrs. to dealer this could have been trouble, the download was done ,took a while, and has not bobbled since my wife now has approx. 3200mi. all with gerbing heated clothes and loves it ,she has 90,000mi. on goldwing trikes including the 2007 we traded on the RTS and TRailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by syclemom View Post
    We have #186 Demo that was shipped to our dealer to replace demo s in the region and never assembled,We talked dealer into seeking permission to sell it and on Jan. 5 my wife got her new bike,after assem. we were about to leave when Can Am called service mgr. to verify which bike we were buying [The First one sold in Tx.] he immediatley stopped us from leaving so this download could be done , it is my understanding that at 10hrs. this bike was going to shut off and not restart, basically no matter what you did. Since we travel 3 hrs. to dealer this could have been trouble, the download was done ,took a while, and has not bobbled since my wife now has approx. 3200mi. all with gerbing heated clothes and loves it ,she has 90,000mi. on goldwing trikes including the 2007 we traded on the RTS and TRailer.
    and welcome

Spyder Garage

That's great news, glad to hear the update went well and it 'took'. Good to hear of the miles on your RT ride!

Cheers and Ryde Safe.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

... when the tripometer hits 9.9, 10hrs, the display turns orange....
    Oh, man.

Perhaps if you set it to display metric time...

Spyder Garage

welcome

so glad you found this site, it is so much more responsive than the other one. I think we were the only two communicating on it

wow, already at 3200,

Spyder Garage

and a big welcome to you as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder lovers husband

Just did my wifes first at home oil chg. is a lot more trouble than the wing trikes she had , did first one 3700mi. in about 45 min. , will get better with time, greased all pins and grommets onall side covers, so tight they scared me to death I am sure I would be sick if I had to replace one . I can tell you from her Wings daily riding in rain, Texas heat,etc. these will stick in the grommets , she still loving it more and more every time she ridesw it, she is gone now paying bills on it.This is THE BEST SITE I have already found more info. than I have since we bought it, How to get codes is awesome for us we travel alot on our own , this could be helpful hope fully we wont need it.

Spyder Garage

Just did my wifes first at home oil chg. is a lot more trouble than the wing trikes she had , did first one 3700mi. in about 45 min. , will get better with time, greased all pins and grommets onall side covers, so tight they scared me to death I am sure I would be sick if I had to replace one . I can tell you from her Wings daily riding in rain, Texas heat,etc. these will stick in the grommets , she still loving it more and more every time she ridesw it, she is gone now paying bills on it.This is THE BEST SITE I have already found more info. than I have since we bought it, How to get codes is awesome for us we travel alot on our own , this could be helpful hope fully we wont need it.
    I found the grommets are glued in four places on the back side, with what looks a lot like hot glue. Trouble is that it is very hard, and breaks readily, allowing the oval grommets to be pushed through the body panel. Then you can say goodbye, if you ride before you notice. I intend to take the time to glue them all down with RTV silicone, but I expect I will buy a couple of spares of each shape, just in case.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Lower Side Panels

Side panels were so hard to remove I did grease grommets , then was scared might lose a side panel, As I posted she has an early bike was shipped as pre production Demo, Our friend just got her blue RTS the lower side panels have two tabs that hook around the front to help hold from a blow off I assume , ours being an early release does not have these tabs the front is straight so I tethered these by Epoxying a small catch from Home Depot to the inside and tywrapping small 4" bungycords to the holes next to the headlight adjusters, I assume if factory added these tabs since ours was produced must have been a reason,if we should lose one I will point this out .

Spyder Garage

When was this update made available ?
    I just picked up an RT this Saturday. My dealer said that I need the reflash, but I would have expected the unit to already have the latest firmware.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey