Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Centrifugal Clutch

OK My Spyder is back at the dealer again for the Centrifugal Clutch

I took it in for what I thought was a delayed shift.

My dealer test rode the Spyder said It was not a software download, but the Clutch hanging up & causing the delay, (The delay was a slipping clutch)

My dealer, (I am happy to have such a Great Dealer) said it was three weight/bearings that were changed out for the newer ones.

The weights I had, have a bushing in the center, the bushing seem to cause more friction.

My Dealer replaced the weights with the new ones that have roller bearings.

Let me describe the difference,

Before:
    From a Stop: It takes a lot of throttle movement to get away from a stop, felt like clutch was slipping most of the time away from a stop.
    Shifting: Clutch was slipping really bad and made it feel like a delayed shift

After:
    From a Stop: It takes very little throttle movement to get away from a stop, and throttle feel much more responsive.
    Shifting: Very quick, positive shift, after shift bike just moves no slip

All I can say is WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!!
    This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    much better.

I want to thank my dealer, Water World for doing such a great job, getting my Spyder 1st working correctly, & 2nd getting it done so fast.

Spyder Garage

I know this is old thread but I thought I would reply. My centrifugal clutch assembly went out on a 2009 can am spyder SE5 so now its creeping. I found a used one but inst that new model 420685543 its the older model that creeps. Can I use the used part or do I need to upgrade and get new part?