Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    While I'm waiting on the Herculiner I figured I'd try some tractor paint. Sanded, used auto primer and tractor paint...no go!
    Amanda, I don't have a garage - so I am waiting for better weather to try some options. It is nice here, good enough for riding, but not painting or coating activity.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Default Yep...cold here too

I think my garage is too cold today! It was nice a couple days, but I think due to how cold it was the paint is having difficulty setting up...so I'm going to wait for it to get a little warmer or get the wood stove going to warm it up in the garage on the weekend and then try.

On the bright side, my smugglers trunk came, but it's hard to tell what it will look like since I have all the panels off! My rims are going to be here on Friday, the handle bar cover is off and the guy is going to take them to powder coat right away!! I'm trying hard to get it ready for a bike show...I have only a month to go so I think I'm trying to hurry the process too much!
    Last edited by Amanda B; 02-24-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    Everything never changes!

Spyder Garage

Best of luck with the weather, and getting everything settled before show time.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default Darn

Rims were scheduled to come tomorrow so I had everything set up and ready to go....UPS rescheduled delivery for Monday. Bummer! I thought by Monday or Tuesday I'd have them back and be on to the next phase.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that. We had some things that were supposed to come in this week that were also rescheduled. I guess the funky weather is wreaking havoc on them as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Sorry to hear that. We had some things that were supposed to come in this week that were also rescheduled. I guess the funky weather is wreaking havoc on them as well.
    I was trying to figure out if there was some bad weather somewhere. Is there a snow storm somewhere west of Indiana?

Spyder Garage

I was trying to figure out if there was some bad weather somewhere. Is there a snow storm somewhere west of Indiana?
    Our stuff was coming out of Texas, heading to South Carolina, so there might have been something bad going on between there that impacted your shipment as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Broke down...

Well I broke down and bought another set of peg brackets (front and back). I figure that way I can get them powder coated which will be better than anything I could do and I'll have the guy that is certified to work on Spyders deal with those too. So, I'll have a set to sell once I'm finished for anyone else that is thinking of going the powder coat route. That way I also figured if I'm still waiting on them, I can ride and get my spyder to the bike show (I hope it's finished though)!

Spyder Garage

It was probably a wise move to go that route. I don't know how much extra it is costing you, but hopefully you will be able to sell your other parts and recoup some of that. I know that XXX74 was selling all of those parts you wanted to powder coat, and a few extras, as a package deal out here at one time. Not sure if he ever sold it or not though.

Hopefully this will also get you on the fast track to make that show.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default I didn't set me back too bad

Getting them didn't set me back too bad. I saw that big package for sale, but he didn't want to break them up so I didn't go that route.

I think I'll recoup at least some of that money, others want to powder coat and in the summer having a spare set would still allow them to ride while it is being done.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    The other thing I thought of was using the spray version of the those truck bed coatings. Rust-Oleum has one and there were also other brands around. Most have a flat non-skid finish - I would want to see that before I applied it. Most of these are an epoxy based 'paint' and are super tough. I think these would require a lot more care and attention in application - they are "permanent" and mistakes in masking off things and the Spyder will also be "permanent". They also apply differently than paint, practice may be called for to get a feel for how to apply them.

Tom
    You have no idea! A co-worker attempted this on his truck and said the same thing about masking. He said that one needs to mask everything. I think he said he wound up putting plastic sheeting over the entire rest of the truck because he noticed when he was spraying a test area that even the smallest speck of that stuff wouldn't come off once dried.
    A VERY HAPPY RIDER!
    Even duct tape can't fix stupid - Cody Stell

'08 Yellow SM5, 2" BRP handlebar riser, Super Trapp exhaust, sport rack, seat back.
    Future wish list of updates, too numerous to list and too expensive to afford....and I just found Corbin.

Spyder Garage

Default Truck Liner

I bought a can of Herculiner, which is the stuff your talking about but it brushes on. I figured if I was going to do it, I'd be better off brushing than spraying it on. Now, I'm not going to use it though.

Spyder Garage

How long before your new parts arrive? I know you have to be getting anxious now.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like

How long before your new parts arrive? I know you have to be getting anxious now.
    It looks like I will have everything March 4th, so I'll get them to the guy that is doing the powder coating on March 5th and hopefully in a weeks time I can pick them up, then off to Big O that weekend to deal with the tires and rims, and then hopefully the final step of getting everything put on will be completed that weekend or the following weekend. So far, it looks like I will make the bike show but by the skin of my teeth I think!

I have Kewl Metal highway brackets and powder coated pegs coming and ordered my Ride On too!
    Last edited by Amanda B; 02-27-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like your plan will be coming together nicely.

Here's hoping you don't run into any stumbling blocks.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Rims are here.

Rims are here. I took some pictures. I believe it came with the bearings and stuff, the paper inside was written in French but it said bearings and it came with some hardware. I took pictures and hope someone will be able to verify that it is all that was needed. Pictures of the front rims are on my profile.
    Last edited by Amanda B; 03-01-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Rims are here. I took some pictures. I believe it came with the bearings and stuff, the paper inside was written in French but it said bearings and it came with some hardware. I took pictures and hope someone will be able to verify that it is all that was needed. Pictures of the front rims are on my profile.
    Amanda... I fibbed on my PM. Those bolts/nuts appear to be those for securing the hub to the wheel. The brake rotor / hub connection only requires bolts.

As I said, you're missing all of the spacers, the bolts for the brake rotor-to-hub, the o-ring, and a number of other things which you will have to re-use from your stock set-up. As I said, it also appears you're missing one seal (don't know which side) and you really want to use new seals. I'd get the o-ring new, also, if it were me.

Use the "map" below for dis-assembly / re-assembly. The actual BRP parts website on spyderlover's front page (lower right) has the description and part number to go along with the reference numbers.

And, don't forget spacer #17 like I did on the first go-around.

Last edited by ataDude; 03-01-2010 at 06:53 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default No problem

Do you know the size of the o-ring? Is it just a regular old o-ring or is there something special about it? I have tons of those sitting around in all different sizes. I'm just wondering if I already have it.

I'm going to get a seal ordered, as soon as I figure out which one it is. Too complex for me, so I'll let a professional handle it.
    Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by Amanda B; 03-01-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Do you know the size of the o-ring? Is it just a regular old o-ring or is there something special about it? I have tons of those sitting around in all different sizes. I'm just wondering if I already have it.

I'm going to get a seal ordered, as soon as I figure out which one it is. Too complex for me, so I'll let a professional handle it.
    Thank you for your help!
    Sorry, don't know the size.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Default That's okay!

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Sorry, don't know the size.
    No problem, I have tons of them. I'll just wait until it's pulled out and replace it.

Spyder Garage

Default Yahoo....but maybe I should knock on wood

All parts are in! I am taking the parts to be powder coated in on Friday! He estimated a week or week and a half at the most. On the 17th the parts will be put on and it will likely be finished barring any hiccups! FINALLY and just in time for the weather warming up and my week off!!

Spyder Garage

Sounds great. I am looking forward to seeing the pieces come together for you.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default Modifications

Sounds great. I am looking forward to seeing the pieces come together for you.
    I checked out your mods and I really like the graphics! I think from this point I'm just going to start posting stuff on the mods board as it gets completed.

BTW the sprocket cover is plastic. I can't remember who was talking about getting it, but it's awful expensive for a piece of plastic, and you can't powder coat it so it is getting painted to match. I think I'm going with either gun metal or hyper black aka black chrome.
    Last edited by Amanda B; 03-04-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Amanda. I was also thinking of getting the sprocket cover, and appreciate the info on it being plastic. Hmmm, perhaps I will spend that money on something else instead.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

I was looking at the sprocket cover as well, I already have a black rear wheel but BRP lists two different part #s for the cover...one for the "older version" and one for the newer. Anyone have any idea how to differentiate between the two?

http://spyder.brp.com/GearsAccessori...t-Detail/PC_69

"My old self has been crucified with Christ.It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."