Spyder Garage

Default ISCI Spyder Accessories in Australia

To my suprise ISCI has quite run in Australia with our products. If anyone is interested or has any questions let me know as I will be happy to help in any way possible. Check out my web page as well.
    ISCI Billy

1-800-838-9421
    www.isciride.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hand brake option

I am investigating options and am interested in the Spyder due to a damged right leg.
    I contacted BRP re hand brake systems and they say they do not endorse your product so fitting it would void the warranty - what can you advise me on that?

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaus View Post
    I am investigating options and am interested in the Spyder due to a damged right leg.
    I contacted BRP re hand brake systems and they say they do not endorse your product so fitting it would void the warranty - what can you advise me on that?
    Back in 2008 they said the same about hitches and trailers.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I dont know what the laws are in Aus, but in the states, i believe if the Manuf. wishes to void a warranty or warranty claim, they must prove that the addition or modification caused the failure in question. They cant just throw a blanket "void" on the entire vehicle.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    I dont know what the laws are in Aus, but in the states, i believe if the Manuf. wishes to void a warranty or warranty claim, they must prove that the addition or modification caused the failure in question. They cant just throw a blanket "void" on the entire vehicle.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Default Hand Brake Void of Warranty

We have had hundreds of dealers install our handbrakes with no claims that they void the warranty. A waiver is signed by the customer which also covers that aspect, but we have handbrakes on all our Spyders and have had warranty work done by our dealers before. Too vague of a claim by BRP in Australia and I agree it can't be a blanket void on the whole Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    Yep, it's the same here. Must be cos we're the 51st state of the Union.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Yep, it's the same here. Must be cos we're the 51st state of the Union.
    And all this time i thought canada was 51.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    And all this time i thought canada was 51.

OK - 52nd then.

Hey Karamaus

I'll be up your way in early June camping at Cahill's Crossing for a few days with my sons. We'll be on the red Spyder, silver 1400GTR and orange Triumph 1050Tiger - hard to miss. Could catch up with you maybe.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

G'day Karamaus ,
    Have just fitted an ISCI hand brake to my 2017 F3-S because of same problem as you ,but my right leg was damaged during surgery.
    So it's the only way I can ride anymore.
    The Salesman in Newcastle just said make sure the original brake pedal still works for the mechanics to test ride.
    It works great and has given me confidence to ride again
    Cheers
    Doug

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Freddy;306552]OK - 52nd then.

Hey Karamaus

I'll be up your way in early June camping at Cahill's Crossing for a few days with my sons. We'll be on the red Spyder, silver 1400GTR and orange Triumph 1050Tiger - hard to miss. Could catch up with you maybe.[/QUOTE

G'day Freddy
    I have camped near Cahills crossing in the National park Camping area . Have never seen so many Mossies . And they where big buggers .
    Was hard to cook our tea . Take plenty aeroguard with you .
    Cheers,
    Doug

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ISCI Billy View Post
    To my suprise ISCI has quite run in Australia with our products. If anyone is interested or has any questions let me know as I will be happy to help in any way possible. Check out my web page as well.
    G'day ISCI Billy,
    Just fitted my ISCI handbrake and the Salesman didnt say a word about voiding warranty . He knew I had to have the handbrake to ride .
    All he said was make sure the brake pedal still works for his mechanics to test ride it .
    Cheers
    Doug

Spyder Garage

Hey Doogie, while I'm a firm believer that it's always better to build upon the knowledge & info in an older thread than it is to start an entirely new thread on exactly the same question or info, it also pays to check the date of the original posts & the user's profile to see when they were last active before posting - it may have some bearing on how you phrase your new post when adding to an older thread.

For instance, this thread was kicked off by ISCI Billy's post back in Feb 2010 & took more than a year to score any more posts; then it got a smattering in April 2011, mainly from people who haven't been around for a year or so now - except for Karamaus, who joined this Forum during Mar 2011 & was first & last active during Aug 2011. So while there is a chance, I'm sorry, but I reckon that he (& maybe the others too) may not really be all that likely to respond....

Ps: they are right about our laws tho - the dealer/manufacturer can't just void the warranty for an add-on accessory or mod, unless they can show that it caused the failure!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-26-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default well there you go......

I didn't even look at the previous post dates, Peter. I found myself thinking "I don't think I've heard from Karamaus before".......I did find out something new though....I didn't realise you left the foot brake pedal operational when you install the hand brake. Of course, it makes complete sense when you think about it, but I didn't ...thanks Doug
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red