Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New spyder owner

Hello everyone. My wife just purchased a used 2008 PE # 3171 with 2000kms on it. We got a great deal on it. I've been riding bikes for a few years now and have tried very hard to convince my wife to get her license and get a bike. She tried riding my 2 wheel bike but didn't feel comfortable on it. She was thinking on a getting a scooter because they are automatic and would be easier for to ride. I tried very hard to covince her not to get a scooter. When we went helmet shopping, we walked into a dealer that had some spyders for sell. Well that did it. She fell in love. We couldn't afford a new one so we started looking for a good used one and found one. We picked it up 2 weeks ago, and she can't ride it yet. The DriveTest centers where you get your license from, here, are on strike. She is pretty upset, but I have been riding it with her on the back and love it. She can't wait to get her license and ride it herself. So far we've put 1000kms on it and couldn't be happier. We hope to find other riders in the area to go on rides with.

Spyder Garage

on the new to you Spyder!!!welcome Pretty good bunch of people here. Best Spyder forum IMHO!!
    Marilyn

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

and welcome
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

welcome have fun, ryde safe.

john

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default AWSM3SM

welcome
    Last edited by AWSM3SM; 09-07-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: forgot to fill in title

Spyder Garage

welcome You'll find out that this is a great place for info.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new Spyder and hopefully she'll be able to get her license soon.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

welcome Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe!
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome and for the Silver=Fast Spyder
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on your buy and hope the strike is settled soon so your wife can get on with her licencing.

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Quote Originally Posted by thekershaw's View Post
    We hope to find other riders in the area to go on rides with.
    There are probably a few up there!!
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

Welcome! How frustrating with the license situation. If she likes the back, she's going to LOVE the front!
    Karen

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congratulation

Dear friend.
    I am brazilian.
    Too am new owner of the spyder.
    I am with problem in system VSS.
    My spyder is new .
    Your direction is limited.

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations of the new Ryde! The Strike is a real bummer. Unfortunately it is almost winterizing time here. She will REALLY be looking forward to the Spring now. Lot's of nice ryding in the Quinte area - ENJOY

Spyder Garage

on the new to you.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

& welcome
    Randy
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    GULF COAST SPYDERRYDERS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Hi there! You sound like me and my husband. My husband loves his Harley's and I hate being a passenger so I refused to ride with him so he ended up selling his bike. I did try to get into it myself but found I was not comfortable on two wheels with a clutch in traffic. One day we were on the road and I seen the Spyder and told my husband that I could probably do that as I quad a lot and thought it would have a similar feel to it. That was it! He started looking into it and found that we could get it without a clutch and he bought me one right away and himself a new Harley. We bought it last August so I have not been on it lots but I do love it. I do not have my license yet either but as long as I have a driver's license and am following my husband I am good to ride legally. I am sure your wife will love it, I know I do! My husband just bought me the foot boards for it and that makes it even more comfortable to ride long distances. I am very excited to do the scavenger hunt that is posted on this site and it will take us all over Alberta and into BC. (we live in Calgary) Everyone I ride with has a Harley so my husband also put a new exhaust on it to make it louder for me too. It is great! Have fun riding....just thought I would share my story with you.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Very cool! Too bad about the strike!
    I understand the frustration. I too have been a passenger for many years, while fighting the urge for my own bike.... But now that we've got the Spyder, I'm ready to surrender and am going for my motorcycle endorsement.

It's gonna be a fun summer! Looking forward to your travel updates, pics, etc!
    cat
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Congratulations and welcome! You'll love the Spyder, the folks here are a great bunch, and the scavenger hunt is a hoot! Looking forward to seeing your photos!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Hi there! You sound like me and my husband. My husband loves his Harley's and I hate being a passenger so I refused to ride with him so he ended up selling his bike. I did try to get into it myself but found I was not comfortable on two wheels with a clutch in traffic. One day we were on the road and I seen the Spyder and told my husband that I could probably do that as I quad a lot and thought it would have a similar feel to it. That was it! He started looking into it and found that we could get it without a clutch and he bought me one right away and himself a new Harley. We bought it last August so I have not been on it lots but I do love it. I do not have my license yet either but as long as I have a driver's license and am following my husband I am good to ride legally. I am sure your wife will love it, I know I do! My husband just bought me the foot boards for it and that makes it even more comfortable to ride long distances. I am very excited to do the scavenger hunt that is posted on this site and it will take us all over Alberta and into BC. (we live in Calgary) Everyone I ride with has a Harley so my husband also put a new exhaust on it to make it louder for me too. It is great! Have fun riding....just thought I would share my story with you.
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Congrads, you will love the Spyder, I traded a Ural sidecar rig in on one of these and I have never looked back, don't get me wrong, the Ural is great fun as long as you understand what it is and can do, the Spyder well......it does everything! BTW, this is a great board and a great bunch of people.
    Stuart
    Port Coquitlam BC
    2008 Red Spyder SE5, BRP six spoke wheels, LED daytime lights, LED tips lights, LED brake lights and centre light, BRP seat cowel, CF rear fender, 2 BROS CF twin exhaust, billet pegs and brake pedals, spyder trunk wrap, BRP-RT shocks and springs, HD sway bar, cold air intake, green air cleaner, iridium spark plugs, juice box, BRP touring seat, BRP rear rack and back rest,Glow lights, BRP trunk liner, BRP bar weights, IPS, LED marker lights.

Spyder Garage

You're gonna love it!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Smile

YOU GO GIRL! MM
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin

Spyder Garage

Hi there, welcome and .

I just took a quick look in your photo gallery - nice looking machine.

However, the under the seat shot has be slightly concerned. If you look closely it looks there is fluid leaking from your front brake fluid cap (the one near the lower part of the picture), and it also looks like the tab/bump on the outer edge of the cap is on incorrectly. I could be wrong, but it may be a good idea just to double check both brake fluid reservoir caps to be sure they are on tight, have a good seal so no brake fluid is leaking from either one. If fluid leaks it can degrade brake performance and the fluid can strip paint on your painted parts, like the frame and swing arm, etc...

Hope that helps.
    Cheers from Newfoundland and welcome aboard!!

Quote Originally Posted by thekershaw's View Post
    Hello everyone. My wife just purchased a used 2008 PE # 3171 with 2000kms on it. We got a great deal on it. I've been riding bikes for a few years now and have tried very hard to convince my wife to get her license and get a bike. She tried riding my 2 wheel bike but didn't feel comfortable on it. She was thinking on a getting a scooter because they are automatic and would be easier for to ride. I tried very hard to covince her not to get a scooter. When we went helmet shopping, we walked into a dealer that had some spyders for sell. Well that did it. She fell in love. We couldn't afford a new one so we started looking for a good used one and found one. We picked it up 2 weeks ago, and she can't ride it yet. The DriveTest centers where you get your license from, here, are on strike. She is pretty upset, but I have been riding it with her on the back and love it. She can't wait to get her license and ride it herself. So far we've put 1000kms on it and couldn't be happier. We hope to find other riders in the area to go on rides with.