Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadManiac View Post
    I've been an Electrical Engineer for around 30 years, for 2 small companies, working primarily in unusual DOD applications - lasers and electro-optics, robotics and soldier weapon (manned and unmanned) sensors and systems.

The last 3 years I've been consulting - so my time is my own now, and I'm loving it.

Scotty: Good friend just retired as senior engineer in charge of San Diego wastewater treatment, and the jokes aren't allowed with her!

BTW, the first computer class I took at UCSD was COBOL (way back in 0b011110110111) and we used punch cards on an IBM 360 - graduated to floppies, Fortran and Pascal soon thereafter... but man, punch cards were fun - just don't DROP EM!
    You are young, punch cards were fun but nothing beats Baud-dot tape.
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Spyder Garage

My husband (owens9finger) and I are both retired and very grateful we had the opportunity early enough to enjoy the good things in life
    He is retired military and handled beans and bullets for 23 years.

I retired from the Financial Services arena after 25 years in various positions with companies that thankfully knew how to manage their clients money and their own. No need for government handouts!

Its been a real hoot to read all the comments that appear on this site.

Already have learned an awful lot about the RT-S we are waiting for.

Spyder Garage

Started as marine engineer for shell in the uk, emigrated to australia and found that this little backward country (joke) didnt have much of a shipping fleet. Natuarally girated into power station operations for a few years. had a crack as a sales engineer for valtek.
    Had my own bussiness for a while, then became a motorcycle mechanic for 6 years. I now work as a turbine tech/supervisor in the steam and gas turbine field. So far this finacial year (july onwards) i have only worked for 8 days but the boss is still paying me a retainer so life is pretty good.
    The weather in western australian allows me to ride ALL YEAR ROUND, bit hot at the moment as it hasnt rained for over 70 days.
    Had the spyder since October, its good fun and use both two wheels and 3 .

Spyder Garage

Fulltime Firefighter holding the rank of Acting Platoon Chief with the Central York Fire Services (just north of Toronto, Ontario)
    HAPPY 2008 SE5 OWNER 1" BRP Riser, NMN 3" risers, NMN Triple Play & Tail Light, Kewlmetal Mirror Extensions, Evoluzione Powerbus, BRP 23" Touring Windshield on CHAD Bracket, Ride-On in tires, J&M Integrator, Gerbings Dual Zone Temp Controller & Heated Gloves, 2 Dash Mounted 12V outlets, Kewlmetal Highway Brackets & Kuryakyn pegs, Trunk Spring Mod, Vista Cruise Throttle Lock, Kuyrakyn L.E.D. Battery Guage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    You are young, punch cards were fun but nothing beats Baud-dot tape.
    Believe it or not, I was still teaching the 5-bit Baudot code as late as the mid '80's with the telephone company. There probably weren't any paper tape readers left in service but there were still a few teletype machines here and there that used the Baudot code.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

I have been unemployed for nearly sixteen years. I am unemployed, unemployable, and unwilling to work. Yet, I have no plans to ever retire. When I grow up I want to be a workaholic.

Spyder Garage

Self Employed ditch digger, Glad not to be as old as the common demographic, will Retire when I expire. Long live Spyder Lovers.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nothing.....Retired

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1026 View Post
    I have been unemployed for nearly sixteen years. I am unemployed, unemployable, and unwilling to work. Yet, I have no plans to ever retire. When I grow up I want to be a workaholic.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadManiac View Post
    BTW, the first computer class I took at UCSD was COBOL (way back in 0b011110110111) and we used punch cards on an IBM 360 - graduated to floppies, Fortran and Pascal soon thereafter... but man, punch cards were fun - just don't DROP EM!
    Well, how about IBM Unit record stuff, 407 etc) 1401, 360, And Languages, Assembly, SPS, Cobol, RPG from the hollerth cards to the BCD cards. Been there, glad to be from there, and NO I don't want or would go back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Well, how about IBM Unit record stuff, 407 etc) 1401, 360, And Languages, Assembly, SPS, Cobol, RPG from the hollerth cards to the BCD cards. Been there, glad to be from there, and NO I don't want or would go back.
    $200/hr need a cobol program to process a 3 level table.

Opps just sent it to India at $12.00/hr.

Spyder Garage

Hello Spyderlover's community.
    I set-up and operate CNC grinding equipment for one of the leading suppliers of of carbide metal cutting tools. We make tools for just about anyone makes parts for machines. I brought our Spyder home in March '08 and we have almost 21k on it now. Looking for Spring...

Very Happy ryders... crusing the backroads of ET&WNC

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Retired after 37 yrs with sch. services. Currently doing volunteer work with Tirger Woods dating service while he's on hiatus.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    I set-up and operate CNC grinding equipment for one of the leading suppliers of of carbide metal cutting tools. We make tools for just about anyone makes parts for machines. I brought our Spyder home in March '08 and we have almost 21k on it now. Looking for Spring...

welcome
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

welcome
    Do I know you? I'm in Greeneville/Mosheim.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

welcome Nice to have you aboard. Lots of good people here- most of the time
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry

Coolant Guy for about 180 machines

Spyder Garage

Worked as bricklayer for 8 years. One winter got into a roll off trash truck. Heat in the winter, air conditioner in the summer, work year round. 23 years later still driving a front end truck for Waste Mgt. Transferred to Fl. 6 years ago from D.C. area. Get to ride bike year round. Ain't God good.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

USAF Retired. Have worked as DoD contractor since 1982. Field engineer, branch manager, etc.

Currently CBT Development Lead for a Biometrics Identification system.

Ron

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm the baker!

Been in the food business the past 30 years. I've done just about everything. Probably can't remember all my positions and jobs. Even taught at tech-school for a short time. My best and worst memory was being self-employed. I started a restaurant from ground up and had to close after nearly 10 years because of road construction on my road that lasted 2 years. With no entrance or water Monday thru Friday I just couldn't survive. For the past 5 years I've been a bakery manager for a large grocery store. Time for a change. Life is to short to work 24-7- 365 days for the corp. world. I need more time to ride my spyder and enjoy life.

Karen
    Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default I had to bring this around again.

Alright, I know being an inventory control coordinator might not catch anyone's eye. But not one single response to the Exorcist?
    Doesn't anyone love me anymore? Not even a reply from the Devil?
    (my previous post is below)

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    Started at Alexian Brother's Hospital when I was 17. I'm 46 and still here. I work in the Purchasing Dept. as the Inventory Control Coordinator.
    B.T.W. If you remember the movie the Exorcist.... The actual exorcism the movie was based on took place on the 5th floor of the old hospital. That building has been leveled and a new one built where the old one stood.
    And even creepier..... my father has the crucifix from the room. Don't know if it was the same crucifix that originally hung in the room at the time of the exorcism but it is from that room.
    It is hung up in the basement. Every now and then, if someone new comes to the house, I tell them that sometimes when I go down stairs, I find the crucifix hanging upside-down. But I just tell them that for fun. It is always hanging upright! God Bless!!!

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Alright, I know being an inventory control coordinator might not catch anyone's eye. But not one single response to the Exorcist?
    Doesn't anyone love me anymore? Not even a reply from the Devil?
    (my previous post is below)
    LOL!! I missed that one.

No one blinked an eye at mine either it seemed. It's not every day you meet a former professional women's football player (or an exorcist).

Go figure.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    LOL!! I missed that one.

No one blinked an eye at mine either it seemed. It's not every day you meet a former professional women's football player (or an exorcist).

Go figure.
    Heck Spydergirl, I missed that one too. Who did you play for and what position did you play? lol

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Heck Spydergirl, I missed that one too. Who did you play for and what position did you play? lol
    It's all good, it was no big deal anyway, just something cool for me to takl about. I played for a local team called the Oakland Banshees. I was a defensive end the first year in 2007 and moved to tight end and cornerback in 2008.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I'm going to start using you as my role model.....
    All this time I thought I was your role model