Spyder Garage

Default Help me remember please

If I remember right someone on this forum or the FL forum talked about buying their bike out of state and getting teriffic service from either Deland or Deltona, FL. from a Power Sports Dealership. Could someone or whoever posted that please tell me where it was again. I'm ready for my 600 mi service.
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Unhappy HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    If I remember right someone on this forum or the FL forum talked about buying their bike out of state and getting teriffic service from either Deland or Deltona, FL. from a Power Sports Dealership. Could someone or whoever posted that please tell me where it was again. I'm ready for my 600 mi service.
    DELAND I THINK CHECK NAME ON NET

Spyder Garage

Default Nice looking.

Sorry Wheeler, I don't have the answer to your question but I did want to mention that your Spyder sure is a nice lookin' machine !!!

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Just had my 600 mile service. I'm in Sanford and used Seminole Power Sports located on Rinehart Road. Price was $212.00. I've had good dealings with them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Just had my 600 mile service. I'm in Sanford and used Seminole Power Sports located on Rinehart Road. Price was $212.00. I've had good dealings with them.
    Did you buy your bike there? I had my bikes 600 mile service performed today at Deland Motor Sports. It cost me $304. Wow!! What a difference. Another RT-S owner said they were fair to her and treated her right. Kinda' makes you wonder.

2013 Spyder RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    Did you buy your bike there? I had my bikes 600 mile service performed today at Deland Motor Sports. It cost me $304. Wow!! What a difference. Another RT-S owner said they were fair to her and treated her right. Kinda' makes you wonder.
    Service costs can vary greatly from dealer to dealer. Until you saw a complete breakdown of what each dealer did and what they charged for it, it's unreasonable to get upset at the cost. For example, your dealer's hourly labor rate may be higher, they may use only BRP oil vs. a lower cost oil or they may have done a more complete check. The other person's dealer may have just done the oil change and not checked anything else. Things like that have been noted at other times in these threads. Our dealer saves us about $40 on an oil change by using bulk (55 gal. drum) Spectro oils instead of BRP branded oil.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry. I stand corrected.
    Parts: $ 64.94
    Labor: $212.50
    Charlie Christ: $ 19.43

TOTAL: $296.87

Sorry about the mistake.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Service costs can vary greatly from dealer to dealer. Until you saw a complete breakdown of what each dealer did and what they charged for it, it's unreasonable to get upset at the cost. For example, your dealer's hourly labor rate may be higher, they may use only BRP oil vs. a lower cost oil or they may have done a more complete check. The other person's dealer may have just done the oil change and not checked anything else. Things like that have been noted at other times in these threads. Our dealer saves us about $40 on an oil change by using bulk (55 gal. drum) Spectro oils instead of BRP branded oil.
    I am relatively new to this forum and I haven't seen a thread about service comparisons. I don't want to trash any dealership. My immediate reaction was wow when I saw the difference in price and questions why. I assumed that 600 mile service would have been a uniform procedure at all dealerships, as a BRP directive. Deland Power Sports did replace pieces like o-rings which probably added to the cost. I can see were using different products could also affect the costs. Hourly rate is something else I didn't take into consideration. I think it was $95 hourly.
    Something the dealership is going to do, is add the cost of service yesterday, to an all inclusive reduced price service and repair policy. That impressed me. Both TJ in finance and Jim in service were a pleasure to work with. After the completion of service, it was raining.....pouring, and they happily let me sit in the show room until it lightened. I didn't leave until I finally decided the rain wasn't going to get much lighter than it was.
    I love my RT-S. It repelled the rain at around 45 mph and higher all the way to my house. When I had to stop was when I got wet. I'm very pleased to have become a Spyder ryder.

2013 Spyder RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I'm sorry. I stand corrected.
    Parts: $ 64.94
    Labor: $212.50
    Charlie Christ: $ 19.43

TOTAL: $296.87

Sorry about the mistake.
    This price correction makes me feel a lot better about my service cost. I loved the Deland dealership and every employee I had contact with. Thank you for clearing that up MouthPiece.

2013 Spyder RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Our dealer's labor rate is only about $85 an hour. Those are the things that I was talking about. BRP doesn't set any pricing except on their cost for the parts. Even then, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some dealer's get special consideration on parts pricing based on size or volume of orders, etc. Dealer labor rates and parts markup vary from dealer to dealer.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.