RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Default Leg, Handle bar interference

To those of you with RT riding experience, when making either a L or R sharp turn (as with parking), is the handle bar hitting your leg (the leg in the direction of turn). I have to actually hold my leg way out in order to allow room for the handle bar. It may just be my size (6'-5" w/36" inseam). If it is related to my size, I think I might HAVE to look at purchasing an after market riser. Sue don't want to have to think about moving my leg that far in an emergency move.

Spyder Garage

come to think of it when I was practicing I was aware of it happening with me also, but just figure it is that way with everyone. Would like to hear what others think I am 6'2' with a 32" inseam

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

Me too. I just got back from a ride and I was gonna post about this. I'm 6' 1" 32 inseam. I hope somebody comes up with a way to lower the foot pegs about an inch. I haven't looked at it so don't know if possible, if we can't do that then I'll have to look at adding a riser also.

Dwight.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

I have noticed this, but it only happens at full lock, and doesn't really cause me a problem, due to my chicken legs. A stockier rider could have more difficulty. I doubt it would ever enter into the equation under emergency maneuvers, since under way at speed, such a radical steering correction could be disastrous, but the situation is noticeable during parking and slow speed maneuvers in the driveway.

6'0" with 32" inseam

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

After reading all the posts and giving it some thought, I think the lowered foot pegs are just the ticket. I have a long narrow body (no counting the "dunlap" in the middle) and the distance from the foot peg to the top of my knee could be lower and I think even might be more comfortable (if that's possible) but it's pretty comfortable now. LOVE MY SPYDER
    NOW, who's making the lower pegs for the RT?

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
    After reading all the posts and giving it some thought, I think the lowered foot pegs are just the ticket. I have a long narrow body (no counting the "dunlap" in the middle) and the distance from the foot peg to the top of my knee could be lower and I think even might be more comfortable (if that's possible) but it's pretty comfortable now. LOVE MY SPYDER
    NOW, who's making the lower pegs for the RT?
    I don't think this would help...at least it wouldn't help me. The handlebars hit me in the upper thighs, and lower pegs wouldn't move those much. Doubt you could get much adjustment, if any, on the brake and shift pedals, either, without major (as in expensive) modifications.

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Good points Scotty (as always) Thanks

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

6 feet with 31 inseam. Don't have any problems.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

I'm hoping to find someone who can alter, cut out, some of the foam in the back of the drivers seat area. That 2" trim of foam really makes a difference when I pusk back in the seat. It allows steering and comfort for us guys who are just a little taller. I'm 6' with a 33" pant inseam. Just hope I don't have to lose the PE stitching in the original seat. Don't think I'd do it if I have to lose that. I wonder if that's possible to do?

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

It hits my legs too, but agree with Scotty that lowering the foot pegs, while making the ride possibly more comfortable, likely would do little to address the problem. Like Frank said, I have to move my leg out to make that sharp of a turn.

6'0" - 30" inseam