Thread: NEW SPYDER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW SPYDER

Went down to the local dealer today and fell in love with the new 2010 RT spyder. The wife did to and wants me to buy it. ( that doesnt happen to often ) The price was $26,500.00 WOW. I guess my guestion is do most dealers get MSRP or will they deal at all? Told salesman i would be back monday to talk to him some more about it.

Spyder Garage

I got a modest discount on mine, but we paid full MSRP for Nancy's two years ago. Same dealer, different economy. Depends a lot on the dealer and location. Some even charge more than MSRP. Watch out for the extras, too, like freight and setup. Like everything else, it doesn't hurt to shop around. It often pays to spend a little more than elsewhere at a good dealer that is close by, however.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

RT-S PE#0279
    Spyder Garage

I live in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. I called 4 local Can Am dealers and told them I was getting a price bid from several other dealers in the area. I also mentioned I was serious about buying the RT. I asked each of them if they would e-mail me their "best price" on the RT, trailer, and a hitch. All 4 replied back within one day. Three were at MSRP and one dealer discounted $500 on trailer and $1250. on RT. It never hurts to shop around. Tom N

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1800vdrider View Post
    Went down to the local dealer today and fell in love with the new 2010 RT spyder. The wife did to and wants me to buy it. ( that doesnt happen to often ) The price was $26,500.00 WOW. I guess my guestion is do most dealers get MSRP or will they deal at all? Told salesman i would be back monday to talk to him some more about it.
    I don't know where you're located but if you're anywhere near Birmingham, AL., Big #1 Motor Sports sold me my bike for $23,449. I won't be surprised if I get another loyalty to area reply, but a $3,051 savings and $400 added in after market accessories, was worth a 533 mi trip. I dealt with Mike Weathers in sales, and if you just tell him the guy from Orlando refered, they even offer a $50 bird dog. He already knows how to make it work and has asked for the business I can refer at the price I paid. The sale went really smoothly. I mean if you take a look at the figures, with the AMA's it's a $3,451 dolloar savings. Their shipping costs were very reasonable too.
    Like I've stated before, it's really a no brainer!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]