Thread: Oregon Dealers

Spyder Garage

Default Oregon Dealers

Thought i'd post my views of the local dealers:

SK: Nice folks, CanAm is the focus, & only dealer that allowed real test rides - even support test rides at the Portland race track - wouldn't deal tho, and became viscous when I tried to buy a bike at the price I wanted to pay, rather than their price. Said I wasn't being realistic. They still want more for a 2008 demo than I paid for my new 2009. While they seem to have a well stocked parts bin, and know the product - they burned my bridge. But make your own choice

Cycle Sports: Nice folks, good service department (where I have my Spyder serviced) - good location - very easy to get to. CanAm is an "Oh, we have those". During my purchase quest, they made sure their price MATCHED SK when I was looking - actually talked to them about me. It's a salesman/sales manager double team pitch, and they only allow test rides in the parking lot.

Pro Calibre: Great sales department - very straight shooters, bought my Spyder via E-mail and phone (they are several hundred miles away) at the price I was willing to pay, service techs seemed knowledgeable, but they said their Vancouver, WA shop was trained to work on Spyders - not so - that shop does not handle any CanAm product. Still, they did what they said they would, and have mailed the parts I have ordered from them. They also only allow test rides in the parking lot.

Have not visited "Rotax", so I can't comment.

These are just my views, but I hope they can help set some expectations to future Spyder Ryders….

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealers

Interesting on SK, I found them willing to deal by a couple of Gs on my RT-S.

Spyder Garage

When I was looking, I had a budget, and it was June (09) - S&K would deal, but wouldn't come close the prices I was seeing on the Forum. When I made a cash offer, I was told "these bikes are worth more than that, either pay the price, or look at something else". They then proceeded to call Cycle Sports & told them not to deal with me.

I made the same offer to the folks in Bend, and was told, "come & get it".

I ended up a happy customer. Things might be a little tighter now, with the local economy as bad as it is.

Enjoy your new Spyder - they are a hoot. I put 130 miles on my Valk today, and 35 on the Spyder…. now if they would just put the Valk mill in a Spyder...

Spyder Garage

I put 130 miles on my Valk today, and 35 on the Spyder…. now if they would just put the Valk mill in a Spyder...
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Oregon Dealers

FYI-

The Spyder dealer in Southern Oregon and 'far' North Calif. is-

WATER WORLD Boat & Powersport in Medford.

Large dealership who is very established in the area. Full line BRP dealer.

Spyder Garage

Default RT-S PE #783

We picked up our RT-S PE last Friday from WaterWorld in Medford, OR.
    After working with a number of dealers around the country,
    we highly encourage you check these guys out!
    No high pressure sales hype, just a lot of great service & info
    from some great people.

2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderoregon View Post
    FYI-

The Spyder dealer in Southern Oregon and 'far' North Calif. is-

WATER WORLD Boat & Powersport in Medford.

Large dealership who is very established in the area. Full line BRP dealer.
    welcome
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

welcome - That's how I feel about Bend - no pressure, and good people.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

SK: Nice folks, CanAm is the focus, & only dealer that allowed real test rides - even support test rides at the Portland race track - wouldn't deal tho, and became viscous when I tried to buy a bike at the price I wanted to pay, rather than their price. Said I wasn't being realistic. They still want more for a 2008 demo than I paid for my new 2009. While they seem to have a well stocked parts bin, and know the product - they burned my bridge. But make your own choice

Cycle Sports: Nice folks, good service department (where I have my Spyder serviced) - good location - very easy to get to. CanAm is an "Oh, we have those". During my purchase quest, they made sure their price MATCHED SK when I was looking - actually talked to them about me. It's a salesman/sales manager double team pitch, and they only allow test rides in the parking lot.

Pro Calibre: Great sales department - very straight shooters, bought my Spyder via E-mail and phone (they are several hundred miles away) at the price I was willing to pay, service techs seemed knowledgeable, but they said their Vancouver, WA shop was trained to work on Spyders - not so - that shop does not handle any CanAm product. Still, they did what they said they would, and have mailed the parts I have ordered from them. They also only allow test rides in the parking lot.

These are just my views, but I hope they can help set some expectations to future Spyder Ryders….
    Tried to deal w/sk and got this response.. On the other hand c/s told me they had what we wanted in stock and w/everything on it. Not the case. The service guys at both seem to do well..

Beautiful, but dangerous.
    Watch out for those blue Spyders!

Spyder Garage

When we started looking for information on the spyder we went to Pro caliber in Longview and they were rude and didn't want to even talk to us.

Said we couldn't do a test ride on the RS they had as I didn't have a trike endorsement just a regular motorcycle endorsement. They finally had me sign a paper and said I could test just in there parking lot but didn't want my wife on with me because she had her permit only. Told them she wasn't going to drive it I just wanted to test ride it with her on it. They had her sign a form and then watched us like a hawk while I went thur there parking lot. For a while they couldn't even find the key.

On the following tuesday stopped at SK on my way to work. They had a silver RT-S in the show room. They said that they had a 2011 Blue RT-S se5 still in the crate in the shop. They answered all my questions and were very helpful. Took Cindy with me on friday to SK they we nice and answered her questions. No pressure or sales man being pushy.
    on May 3 when to sk and asked more questions about there sevice department and the communication system for the , got answers to all our questions. Asked for a purchase order for the 2011 Blue CanAm Rt -S Se5 that they had in the crate so we could get the loan from our credit union. Went to pick it up it up on May 7th and it wasn't even out of the crate. Said they didn't know we wanted it. We gave them the check from the credit union then and said we would be back May 14th. Emailed Scott at SK today and he said it will be ready to be picked up at 10am on Saturday May 14 as promised.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Couple View Post
    Emailed Scott at SK today and he said it will be ready to be picked up at 10am on Saturday May 14 as promised.

How exciting!!! Let us hear from you once you pick up your new ryde! And we wants pics!!! lots of pics!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Couple View Post
    When we started looking for information on the spyder we went to Pro caliber in Longview and they were rude and didn't want to even talk to us.

Said we couldn't do a test ride on the RS they had as I didn't have a trike endorsement just a regular motorcycle endorsement. They finally had me sign a paper and said I could test just in there parking lot but didn't want my wife on with me because she had her permit only. Told them she wasn't going to drive it I just wanted to test ride it with her on it. They had her sign a form and then watched us like a hawk while I went thur there parking lot. For a while they couldn't even find the key.

On the following tuesday stopped at SK on my way to work. They had a silver RT-S in the show room. They said that they had a 2011 Blue RT-S se5 still in the crate in the shop. They answered all my questions and were very helpful. Took Cindy with me on friday to SK they we nice and answered her questions. No pressure or sales man being pushy.
    on May 3 when to sk and asked more questions about there sevice department and the communication system for the , got answers to all our questions. Asked for a purchase order for the 2011 Blue CanAm Rt -S Se5 that they had in the crate so we could get the loan from our credit union. Went to pick it up it up on May 7th and it wasn't even out of the crate. Said they didn't know we wanted it. We gave them the check from the credit union then and said we would be back May 14th. Emailed Scott at SK today and he said it will be ready to be picked up at 10am on Saturday May 14 as promised.

Pro Calibre Longview is NOT Pro Calibre Bend, although they are related. Longview didn't want to carry the CanAm line, and got a ton of guff from BRP about it.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

I bought my 2009 RS SE5 from Cycle Sport in Eugene. I was very happy with the whole experience. In fact Greg, the then Mgr. was the one who encouraged me to go ahead with my Seal FloorBoards idea. Have been to the Salem store also. However, last summer I was told by the Salem Store that they no longer carry and Can Am products. Do they still do Can Am service work?

Spyder Garage

They did any/all the work on my RS, but it's been a year since I've been there. Last time I asked, they said they still serviced Spyders, and had BRP support, since they had sold a number of them. Certainly worth a call.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default SK

SK Northwest - Purchased my 08 GS M5 from them and have had great service from day one. They normally have the parts I need in stock - if not it is only a matter of days before I receive them. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. They have always tried to accommodate my needs and get me back riding ASAP. If price is the only factor you use to measure the value of a supplier than maybe SK is not the place for you. Since I have a service department within my own business I know what it takes to stay profitable and maintain a well trained staff. The ability to provide real customer service is directly related to the profitability of the enterprise. I want my suppliers / dealers to be around for as long as I need service and parts and that means they have to be profitable
    Last edited by pathfinderjoe; 05-27-2011 at 12:36 AM.
    When life throws you a curve - aim for the apex.

Spyder Garage

Is ProCaliber Longview no longer a Spyder dealer? That is the home of Shawn Smoak, an outstanding Spyder tech. We bought my wife's 2014 ST-S there earlier this year and I no longer see Can-Am listed on their web site... www.procaliberlongview.com

Anyone know what happened?
    2019 Spyder F3-T, white

Spyder Garage

They moved the Can Am franchise to the Vancouver store. Can't say why, but Shaun moved as well.

We have a new Can Am dealer in the Salem area - Power Yamaha. They are new, and trying to get in the game.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Cool

I just got my new 2014 ST Limited out at Power. They are at the Stayton/Sublimity exit off Hwy. 22 West, 12 miles W. of Salem. They have a huge lot, lots of inventory, well stocked showroom. So everything looks good. The sales "kid" I dealt with was fine and he was a good kid but lacked in some knowledge on the Spyder. We were on the lot for 45 min and not even greeted, had to find the salesperson, paid full cash so it was an easy sale...wait, wait, wait.....took too long (we even went for lunch), the bike was supposed to be detailed and I told them I was a picky SOB. The bike was far from clean, noticeable dirt and dust all over it. They did not go through the factory check off sheet with me. If you pay almost 18K for a bike, you think they would clean it. I also think they have 80% of their Spyders stored outside in the rain.

They have only been into Spyders for about a year so I hope they have an experienced Mechanic as I found out after the purchase that the Spyder is fairly expensive to work on. A good mechanic could make or break your enjoyment of any bike.

So far happy with the Spyder and looking fwd to getting some miles on it.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

By the way Cycle Sports in N. Salem closed several years ago.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    By the way Cycle Sports in N. Salem closed several years ago.
    Original dating on most of the posts was 2010 and 2011.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Valley Powersports in Eugene is a new spyder dealership. They are on 7th Ave. I am going to try them for my next service. They seem like very nice people.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    I just got my new 2014 ST Limited out at Power. They are at the Stayton/Sublimity exit off Hwy. 22 West, 12 miles W. of Salem. They have a huge lot, lots of inventory, well stocked showroom. So everything looks good. The sales "kid" I dealt with was fine and he was a good kid but lacked in some knowledge on the Spyder. We were on the lot for 45 min and not even greeted, had to find the salesperson, paid full cash so it was an easy sale...wait, wait, wait.....took too long (we even went for lunch), the bike was supposed to be detailed and I told them I was a picky SOB. The bike was far from clean, noticeable dirt and dust all over it. They did not go through the factory check off sheet with me. If you pay almost 18K for a bike, you think they would clean it. I also think they have 80% of their Spyders stored outside in the rain.

They have only been into Spyders for about a year so I hope they have an experienced Mechanic as I found out after the purchase that the Spyder is fairly expensive to work on. A good mechanic could make or break your enjoyment of any bike.

So far happy with the Spyder and looking fwd to getting some miles on it.

I realize this is a little far for you but Pro Caliber in Vancouver, Wa has an excellent mechanic for Spyders. Shawn is also great to talk with. And you're right, it is all expensive. If you buy parts, etc, there you don't have to pay sales tax as an Oregon res but still have to on service. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Default Oregon Dealers

[QUOTE=Dragonrider;174636]Thought i'd post my views of the local dealers:

I bought my 2008 RS SE5 from the Portland dealer and it was pretty much a take it or leave it deal, their favor. It was clean and appeared well cared for, no maintenance records." Pig in a Poke". Runs great and I've been doing the maintenance just to be sure all has been done.
    Since then I have utilized Valley Power Sports in Eugene for parts and advice with good results. They have a positive attitude, helpful, and when I go for a F3 it will be from them. They have several new machines and stage ride it days and test rides by appointment over a route through the Eugene area with a variety of streets, freeway and downtown traffic.

The Salem dealer is out of business for a couple of years.