Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Dream Garage

Over the last 15 months I've been working on my dream garage. My father died a little over 2 years ago and it was planed that I would move our wood shop to my garage when built. Now our houses used to be on the same property tell we split them some 20 years ago. Anyway the wood shop is still their as there is no rush to sell, my mother lives with us now. The wood shop will be located on the second floor of the garage. So now since my oldest is a mechanic and now working for me (HVAC) we are doing all our maintenance on the trucks and a lot of friends. The garage 46' wide x 32' deep and has three bays and the one in the middle has a 10'x 10'6" door big enough to fit my biggest truck. Also has a 12' wide section to the side enclosed on 3 sides and a roof to store the toy hauler. The middle bay has a 12,000 lb two post lift and near the back on one side is a tire changer capable of changing up to 22" tires including run flat tires and on the other side a tire balancer. Other things I already have, an Air compressor, Sand blaster, mig welder, of course tools. The floor has radiant heat and it will be air conditioned by spring. In bay #1 is the spyder, a 650 vstar, a 1100 vstar, a CRF150, a KLX110 and a Ford 3400 diesel loader/tractor. Ok, now the big question, if you were building your dream garage what other tools would you have? I made a few dollars during the Bush years, but that is quickly running out so money is a factor. Thanks in advance. PS I think I have room for a bar, an entertainment center and pool table upstairs.
    Last edited by rnet; 01-22-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

small lathe and a mill. tig welder

sounds like a nice place can i move in i need a nice place to work?

I will bring it lathe and mill
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

I would settle for just the room. Makes my 24'x32' 1-1/2 story seem absolutely puny. I agree with the lathe and TIG. A metalworking brake, shrinker, planishing hammer, and English mill would be dandy, too. Then there's the matter of a paint booth. I have also dreamed of an ultrasonic parts cleaner. Oh yeah.....don't forget the staff of six good craftsmen to lend a hand.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I would settle for just the room. Makes my 24'x32' 1-1/2 story seem absolutely puny. I agree with the lathe and TIG. A metalworking brake, shrinker, planishing hammer, and English mill would be dandy, too. Then there's the matter of a paint booth. I have also dreamed of an ultrasonic parts cleaner. Oh yeah.....don't forget the staff of six good craftsmen to lend a hand.
    I do have a 4' brake, but would like a bigger one since I'm in the HVAC business and I do mostly high end work, most stuff comes in custom made to my specs. No room for a paint both, but my son does do powder coating (small, but can do wheels) at the other shop and I have a small old metal lathe their as well. (Leather belt drive) It takes a lot of years to acquire these thing as you probably know.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    It takes a lot of years to acquire these thing as you probably know.
    That, sir, is the understatement of the decade! LOL Same thing with motorcycles, as a matter of fact. It is not the acquiring that is so difficult, it's finding room for all this stuff.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Kuerig coffee, a bathroom, flat screen tv, and a big honkin' stereo system.......
    400 watts per channel, at least, surround sound.
    For coffee, I'm kinda thinking a machine like the Red Roof had in Gatlinburg, grind and brew 1 cup at a time, plus a lot of other stuff.
    I'd need at least 3200 sqft, drive thru on one side, other side divided 3 ways; wood, metal, mechanical/paint/welding.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Kuerig coffee, a bathroom, flat screen tv, and a big honkin' stereo system.......
    I got a Kuerig for xmas and when the time comes it will be out there and as for the flat screen, I have a front projection projector that will project whatever, 10' wide is nice that I use with my camping bunch for movie night that would work nice there when it's not in the toy hauler, complete with a 400 watt per side stereo. Sorry that system is not surround sound. That for upstairs, bathroom uuumm maybe someday, not in the permit. Lou, you will have to check it out this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    400 watts per channel, at least, surround sound.
    For coffee, I'm kinda thinking a machine like the Red Roof had in Gatlinburg, grind and brew 1 cup at a time, plus a lot of other stuff.
    I'd need at least 3200 sqft, drive thru on one side, other side divided 3 ways; wood, metal, mechanical/paint/welding.

john
    Sure would be nice to have drive through especially when pulling the toy hauler in for service, but i'm built into a hill. Wood shop is upstairs with the fun stuff, mechanical is downstairs, and welding is at my buddies metal fabrication shop. As for the sound system downstairs, (you guys remember me saying I used to do the audio for some semi major touring acts back in the eighties) Still have that system, tri amped 2000 watts per side, It is already in there, but just not hooked up, to many things being moved around allot. Electrician back tomorrow and my son is working on a VW (cv joints and upper arms) It will be up and running soon.
    Last edited by rnet; 01-24-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Bar, ashtray, indoor shooting range!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OOH I like Smych, idea. That would be fun! I have been trying to talk hubby into getting a mig welder, don't know anything about them, but would be fun to learn. Geez your garage makes hubby's look bad. We have a 600 sq ft detached garage with a Porsche Boxster, his new Vcitory Cross Country and my Spyder. We have an air compressor, tv, fridge, sink, air conditioning, heater (kerosene) bunch of tools and such for him to tinker with. Every year I try to get him something new that he might need. This year was a drill press and a band saw. This way he can modify or create new things for his bike, like highway pegs, etc. It keeps him sane.
    happy owner

Spyder Garage

Showed Roger around today. I'll post pics sometime soon.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Stripper pole?

Spyder Garage

I like that idea, something tells me the wife would not. Oh well, great ideas get snuffed out in exchange for tranquility.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

As mentioned, a decent TIG welder but I also love having a motorcycle lift table with the side extensions. A 2 post lift is a bit overkill for cycles.

Spyder Garage

Ron that welder is a good idea for the garagemahal.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Here is a picture of the cave above the dream garage. It is for sure a dream garge everything I always wanted in my own dream garage.

Spyder Garage

All I can say is, can I have your address for the GPS?
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe the SpyderLovers' 2013 Christmas Party should be held there!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have nothing to add..except..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If he'd put up a Motel on the grounds...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

6 axis CNC mill, hoist, rolling dyno.

Nobody mentioned it, so I assume it's a given-> beer fridge and couch.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I better not let Teddy see this, or he'd kick me to the curb

W O W

Spyder Garage

Ok I will have to update the post now that it is 95% complete. I do need to take more pics though, time to get the kids to help.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Maybe the SpyderLovers' 2013 Christmas Party should be held there!
    Good idea Bob, by 2013 Cristmas even the urinal will be complete.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    As mentioned, a decent TIG welder but I also love having a motorcycle lift table with the side extensions. A 2 post lift is a bit overkill for cycles.
    This is a working garage and I have multible way to lift motorcycles.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dabreitbach View Post
    Stripper pole?
    In the future, but I do have small ones now, ask Tim.
    Happy Spyder Owner