Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    Glad you finally got a ryde in!!!

I'm taking my spyder in to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and recall +update, and whatever else needs done. I'm guessing they'll need to keep it.
    If I take mine in, it is a two week waiting period. Hopefully, you'll get yours back quick!

Which recall is it? I had two done (ground wire and steering update), is that what you are getting done?
    Everything never changes!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

[QUOTE=Amanda B;191100]If I take mine in, it is a two week waiting period. Hopefully, you'll get yours back quick!

Two Weeks?! Good grief...my dealership (Action Motorsports, Lafayette) has my servicing and tech work done in a few hours. All I have to do is call ahead, to get a time slot on a specific day.
    Happy SE5 Owner

Spyder Garage

[quote=NewRider;191102]
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    If I take mine in, it is a two week waiting period. Hopefully, you'll get yours back quick!

Two Weeks?! Good grief...my dealership (Action Motorsports, Lafayette) has my servicing and tech work done in a few hours. All I have to do is call ahead, to get a time slot on a specific day.
    I've always been displeased with my dealership, I've bought other toys from them as well, and it has been a hassle then as well. They are very unorganized and uninformed. You can't make appointments, and I bought the service plan which I was told means I take it in, and it is done ahead of those that don't have the service plan. They say to show up as soon as they open and it would be first if I got there first, but apparently not now. They said due to the early riding season all they are doing is prepping stuff for spring, no diagnostic work is being done right now. All I wanted them to do was to check the parking break and rear break, which would probably take half an hour at the most.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I purchased my spyder from Action Motorsports in Lafayette. I'm having the recall done and they are going to check to see if I need the ground wire. I'm leaving it there for them. I won't have an opportunity to get it until next Tuesday anyway. Hopefully they won't need it any longer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you finally got a ryde in!!!

I'm taking my spyder in to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and recall +update, and whatever else needs done. I'm guessing they'll need to keep it.
    I'd be interested to know what they charge for an oil change after you have it done. Are you getting both filters changed on the SE or just the main one?
    Dick
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

My last oil change was 169.90. I don't know about the filters or what they changed.

Spyder Garage

My last oil change was 169.90. I don't know about the filters or what they changed.
    Do you just do the regular scheduled maintenance? That is all that I have been doing, I have a service contract for three years so I just take it in when needed and they do whatever it is they do free of charge unless I have to buy certain parts, which hasn't happened yet. So, I don't usually know exactly what they do!
    Last edited by Amanda B; 03-26-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RE: IN meet and greet

My wife and I are planning to attend. We would trailer the Spyder down because my wife can't ride that far with her bad knees. We are looking for a campground close to the meeting place. Could anyone suggest one?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaTerry View Post
    My wife and I are planning to attend. We would trailer the Spyder down because my wife can't ride that far with her bad knees. We are looking for a campground close to the meeting place. Could anyone suggest one?
    Brown County State Park is a stone's throw from Nashville, they should have a campground, I'll see if I can get some info for you.

john

Spyder Garage

Heaven knows I'd like to ride down and intrude on this, but we have a family wedding that day. Sorry folks!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Heaven knows I'd like to ride down and intrude on this, but we have a family wedding that day. Sorry folks!

Bummer .... You can intrude any time Scotty!!

BTW ... I'm sure we'll be planning a ride to Northern Indiana in the near future.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    It would be great if you could make it. Love to have you. If wedding plans change, come on down.
    Dick
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Default INFO

The meet will be at Casa del Sol, 51 Parkview Road. It's a good Mexican restaurant, east of Nashville on the south side of 46, between the southern part of 135 and the Brown County Park entrance. You can see it from 46, and if I can figure out how to do it, I'll get a map posted.
    The southern loop I wanted to take would be a 4 to 5 hour run; I'm working on a shorter route that will give us some time to check out things in Nashville. Any ideas/suggestions would be welcome.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Is Everyone still coming?

Retread, the restaurant & route sounds good. It may be a good idea to get the restaurant a headcount and maybe we can have our own little private room

Also if we know who is coming for sure and from where, maybe we can set a meeting place around Indy somewhere and ride down together

So can we get a head count again and make sure everyone is still in from when we started planning back in Jan. I hope our friends from out of state can still make it.
    Love my

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default IN Meet & Greet - we are coming!

My wife and I are coming from Mishawaka, IN. We are camping at the Last Resort RV Park. It sounds like the restaurant is close by. See you on the 17th.

Spyder Garage

Default funon3

Barring some kind of disaster, I will attend the ride on the 17th.

funon3

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

welcome funon3

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

I was really hoping to make this one but I have plans,hey Indiana terry I am in Elkhart we should get together and go riding sometime.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by funon3 View Post
    Barring some kind of disaster, I will attend the ride on the 17th.

funon3
    welcome Nice to have you aboard. What part of Indy do you live? Hope to see you on the 17th.
    Dick
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Default Well...

What time are we meeting again? I may end up having to take my spyder to the shop. Are we going to eat lunch and then ride? If we are doing that and my spyder is in the shop I'll drive my car to at least have lunch. Hopefully, I'll be there on my bike though. I plan on bringing a friend.

Spyder Garage

Welcome Funon3. I've added you to the list.

Amanda, hopefully the issue you were having was just caused by the road. I picked my Spyder up on Tuesday and no problems. They had it done very quick, but I couldn't get off work or find a ride until Tuesday.

Spyder Garage

Welcome Funon3. I've added you to the list.

Amanda, hopefully the issue you were having was just caused by the road. I picked my Spyder up on Tuesday and no problems. They had it done very quick, but I couldn't get off work or find a ride until Tuesday.
    Glad to hear you got it back quickly!

Are we meeting at 11:00??
    Last edited by Amanda B; 04-04-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Okay, it looks like we'll meet at Casa del Sol, 51 Parkview, just east of Nashville; it's on the south side of the 46, you can see it from the road.
    Tentative time is 11 AM, we'll greet, eat, look over the ryde, and all that stuff.
    I tried to set up a southern loop, but couldn't find decent roads that would give us less than a 4 hour run, so we'll be going north through Peoga, then close to Trafalgar, through Morgantown, Helmsburg, and end up in Nashville. I'll have maps and directions.

john

Spyder Garage

Sounds good John.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey all im new to the Spyderlovers group

I live in Evansville, Indiana and I possibly will be attending this meet and greet. If anyone else is in the Evansville area send me a PM or something and let me know not alot of Spyder riders around here. lol