Thread: hello md riders

Spyder Garage

Default hello md riders

I bought my 2009 SE5 in sept and have been riding it all year round.
    Looking for someone to ride with when it warms up
    2009 SE5 Aerocharger turbo, Evoluzione Swaybar, Penske racing shocks, 225/45 r15 hankook ventus r-s3 tires all the way around

Spyder Garage

I'm a little north of you, Frederick Co. so hopefully we can ride this spring.

Laura

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by altonk View Post
    I bought my 2009 SE5 in sept and have been riding it all year round.
    Looking for someone to ride with when it warms up
    altonk,

I'm from Leonardtown and I like riding with another , there are two of us in St Mary's County (my silver & black and Rodger's yellow & black) and we ride together often. So when it warms up enough for you just post in on this site and I'll be there. I don't mind long rides, I bought my Spyder in Easton (a 120 miles from home) and I go there for oil changes and maintenance all the time.

I ride all year round the last couple weeks then it was in the teens I rode to work on my . I just love riding....

Don

Spyder Garage

I'm an hour away in Martinsburg WV. Will get in touch when it warms up a bit
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm over in Manchester maybe an hour from you. Let me know when you are out and about.

Spyder Garage

I've been riding year round unless there's frozen stuff on the road.
    I drove down to Emerald Isle, NC for Christmas the Monday after the big snow. A couple off ramps where still snow covered but the Spyder handled as well as any rear wheel drive sports car that I've had. I have a powerlet heated jacket and gloves that I wear under full leathers. They keep me toasty in the coldest weather I've encountered here so far. I am up for a ride most any weekend, the warmer the better. I just transplanted here from central florida a year ago and need to learn my way around. I did live in York, Pa for a few years and there is some good riding (twisties) up that way. Not the NC mountains but good fun.
    2009 SE5 Aerocharger turbo, Evoluzione Swaybar, Penske racing shocks, 225/45 r15 hankook ventus r-s3 tires all the way around

Spyder Garage

I'm in Rockville, near the town square.
    ------------------------------------------------
    HappySpyderOwner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cruisin

I'm in Charlotte Hall on the Charles County side. My bike RTS SE-5 should be in around the end of March. Would like to join in on ride.

LASPyder

Spyder Garage

Cool Fellow Marylanders

Hi ...

Paul with RT-S Premier Edition No. 0391 here. I live in Halethorpe, MD, just SW of Baltimore on the Balt./Howard County Line. I've had my Spydey since February 12. Been on one long ride with bikes and led the pack for the second half. Loved it. Please be in touch! I enjoy riding out through Ellicott City to West Friendship, Mt. Airy or New Market, then headin' north.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    Hi ...

Paul with RT-S Premier Edition No. 0391 here. I live in Halethorpe, MD, just SW of Baltimore on the Balt./Howard County Line. I've had my Spydey since February 12. Been on one long ride with bikes and led the pack for the second half. Loved it. Please be in touch! I enjoy riding out through Ellicott City to West Friendship, Mt. Airy or New Market, then headin' north.
    Hey Paul, it's burg650 here. Have you seen any info on the PA rally lately, been watching the burgman site but nothing in over a month.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default HELLO MD RIDERS

It looks like there are several Spyders in MD now. How about getting together for a ride some weekend? Lets here from you maybe a pick a cental point for all riders to meet at depending on your location.

Spyder Garage

Sounds good to me, hope we can find a day that works for most.

Spyder Garage

Default My Meetup.com Group

Just to let you all know, I started a Meetup.com group called "Maryland Stray Cats," originally for Maxi Scoots (my other bike is Burgman 650), but I'm growing it out to Spyders as well; not only because I own one, but because the Spyder is such a universal vehicle. You can take 'em to bike rallys and mix with respect with bikes. You can take 'em to maxi scoot rallys and they fit; especially the SE5's. I figure you could even cruise into a sports car rally. We currently have a ride coming up on May 8 along the Susquehanna Trail (NE MD/Southern PA); and then I'm leading some folks up to the Mid-Atlantic Scooter Rally in New Holland, PA from 21-23 May. I'm also the first Spyder RT-S to join the Blue Knights - Maryland III Chapter in Glen Burnie. My personal e-mail is paularmstrong4@comcast.net, and my home phone is (410) 242-2310.

Best regards,

Paul

Spyder Garage

I'm in Germantown too. Got my Spyder SM5 last summer -- would love to go riding with area arachnids!