Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default front fender flares

Has anyone modified the front side fender skirts that flare out just in front of your feet? I just installed the new floorboards from sfb...i like them...but since i have to wear leg braces and my feet are locked into position laterally and vertically, i have to turn my feet out where my heel is on the board and my toe sticks outside the flare....not enough room to slide my feet in behind the flare without pivoting my foot, which i cant...if they were further forward it would work, but i dont wanna break out the hacksaw just yet

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aubierules View Post
    Has anyone modified the front side fender skirts that flare out just in front of your feet? I just installed the new floorboards from sfb...i like them...but since i have to wear leg braces and my feet are locked into position laterally and vertically, i have to turn my feet out where my heel is on the board and my toe sticks outside the flare....not enough room to slide my feet in behind the flare without pivoting my foot, which i cant...if they were further forward it would work, but i dont wanna break out the hacksaw just yet
    I cannot give any ideas on modifing those, but just in case you have never seen these, other options are available. Quite expensive though.

http://www.vertikatrykescanada.com/i...ER&button=Next

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If like me, you were shocked by the price of those, or they still wont help, there was a guy selling parts for 1/2 price of retail, and he had a set of those side panels you can experiment with. Maybe a body shop can modify them for you. Meanwhile your Spyder will still be rideable.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16998

I just installed a set of those SFB floorboards tonight on my SM5. I have only a slight mobility problem with my legs, but I still feel it is tight and hard to manuver my feet around.