Spyder Garage

Default Anyone still ryding?

I am a little bored, winter blues I think. Anyone still Ryding in Indiana? Does it do well in winter weather, or snow? I found it is too cold for me but I see bikes out. I just keep looking at my and buying parts to put on. At this rate, it will be all fixed up like next week...and then I don't know what will keep me busy. How many days until spring??? I think I'm going to start a countdown.
    Everything never changes!

Spyder Garage

If (when) the temp gets above 40, I'll be out for a while, but first I've got to put it back together. I've got the tupperware off, cleaning and tightening and generally detailing everything. Installing some mods, too, got an Ear Cannon, really don't want to try it inside.

john

Spyder Garage

Default I think it might get in the 40s

I think it might get in the 40s here late this week, we will see! Sounds like you are doing same thing then, getting mods. What is an ear cannon and the benefits of it? Just thinking maybe it's something else I can get to keep busy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah, mine is sitting in the garage on jack stands hooked up to the battery tender. Front end if off. The garage is in the 30's so I haven't done anything much on it. If it hits about 45, I could have that front end back on in a flash and out I go.
    John, you are riding in front with that d*** horn. You blow that thing and I will come right off the bike.
    You are right Amanda, Winter is expensive. Sitting around ordering mods. When I ride, I don't have time for that.
    I did go down to Indy Cycle last week and see the new RT. I had seen it at Gatlinburg but just wanted to see it again. Nice but expensive. Too cold to ride that day but will give it try when warmer. It's few years away for me, if ever.
    Anyway, I'm ready for spring. I'll see you guys when the daffodils pop up.
    Dick
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

bundle up ...it's worth it ..... havent missed a day in the past 2 weeks .... highest temp is today at 23 degrees ....just make sure no skin showing ...
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

to cold for my ride north of sweden to and snow

107 days left to take bike out 1 may our early that up to snow weather

great feed back with pictures

Spyder Garage

Default So we have a count down...

107ish days it is! I want to ride BAD, my brother rode his bike the other day and said it wasn't bad he said "I just couldn't feel my fingers and my helmet iced up." I guess he loves it more than me...that or I got the brains in the family??

So how loud is this horn? What other mods are people doing? I got all kinds of new parts (foglights, the center tail light and the mudflap lights...and some other stuff), some waiting to be put on...got the grip puppies and the cramp buster thanks to you guys for telling me which ones to get! DANG...Corbin doesn't take Paypal....

I saw the RT at my dealer, it was the Black one. I opened up the saddle bags and couldn't get them to shut again...so I sneaked away...
    Last edited by Amanda B; 01-13-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Check at aerostich.com, it's around 130 Db, I guess it's illegal in some states, but it's spill their coffee, soil their undies loud, so it ought to get some attention from sleeping drivers. It's called "Ear Cannon" for a reason.
    Not doing too much this year, cleaning up some wiring, adding some 12V plugs, maybe a trunk & backrest, or a hitch.

john

Spyder Garage

Default I'll bring...

Next time we meet up I'll bring earplugs then . If I remember right at the decibel level it does immediate damage to your hearing, could be wrong on that though! I will check it out though...can never have to many safety features on a bike.
    Last edited by Amanda B; 01-13-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Way too cold here and we have some snow
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

I,m going out around town Friday as it will hit Mid 40,s. Have been Lucky to get out for a while every 10 days or so here this winter as long as I bundle up!
    Then its back on the Maintainer. Since I only got mine Oct 7th its going to be a GREAT summer.
    Get up, Do my 2 Miles at the Gym, watch Price is Right, then pick either of my two Jet Skies or the Spyderfor the afternoon!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default countdown continues

106 days until May first...hopefully we will be riding before then!

Spyder Garage

106 days until May first...hopefully we will be riding before then

great feed back with pictures

Spyder Garage

Default Was 50ish here!

It was over 50 here, but I worked. There is still salt on the roads, how bad is that on the spyder? I know it's really hard on cars, and the spyder seems more difficult to clean. Just wondering because I'm thinking of at least going around the block or something while it's in the 40s or 50s.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    It was over 50 here, but I worked. There is still salt on the roads, how bad is that on the spyder? I know it's really hard on cars, and the spyder seems more difficult to clean. Just wondering because I'm thinking of at least going around the block or something while it's in the 40s or 50s.
    Aluminum and salt are arch enemies, especially when mixed with moisture. Need I say more? You can't clean well enough or fast enough. I know there are some folks here that ride in the salt. Depends on whether you want to keep your Spyder for four years or forty, I guess. I always wait for dry roads, after a rain that washed the salt away, if I can.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default That's what I figured

I figured salt would be BAD. I think it is going to rain tonight and perhaps some tomorrow...maybe that will get rid of the salt and dry up so that I can ride soon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink

My SE5 sits quietly in the garage...full tank with preventative, battery charger clicking away as needed. Flat refuse to ride, with salt on the road. And, riding will be stunted for a few months. Next Friday, Kathy and I pick up our two new puppies. That will keep us occupied, for some weeks to come, thus slow any planned riding.
    Happy SE5 Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

WLFI-TV forecasts some days next week with highs around 50. I'll believe it when I see it. If some days of rain beforehand clear salt off the streets, then I may give it a shot, just to clear out some "cabin fever".
    Happy SE5 Owner

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I know I'm ready for a ride. Tired of work then home, work then home. A ride would definately cure my grouchies for a little while.

Spyder Garage

I'm in the same rut...work and home...and the occasional movie or eating out...BORING!!