Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Here goes nothing....!

Well, I just called my local dealer in Wilmington and gave him all of my information. I told him I want to order a Spyder RT SE5 in Orbital Blue, and that I have $6,000 to give as a down payment on the bike. He told me he'll get back with me to see if the financing went through or not. If so, then I'll finally own a Spyder. If not, then back to making contributions to the SSA!

Derwin

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Just got the call...

Looks like I'm making more contributions to my Spyder Savings Account.

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    Just got the call...

Looks like I'm making more contributions to my Spyder Savings Account.

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about the financing. Are you going to explore any other options, like using a bank or credit union instead?
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Yeah sometimes credit unions do better - that is who I have financing with. When I got my Spyder I had problems getting financing and I don't get it cuz my credit score is basically as high as you can get. And on the flip side I can apply for anything else and they'd be handing me credit left and right. Even in this bad economy they are knocking on my door offering me credit for this and that. Must be a Spyder thang. Dealer said he could do GMAC at like 12% if I remember correctly . Went to my credit union (which I should have done in the first place) and all went well. Try that and see what happens.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good luck to you. I had to go with a credit union as well, the financing through BRP was a big FAT no. I didn't understand either, my credit is good. Crazy thing is, my credit union would not loan me the money for the spyder because they said it wasn't in NADA yet?/?, but another credit union I didn't belong to had no problem lending me the $$. Don't give up, we all know how bad you want a spyder. As the members here told me ....... FIGHT FOR IT ..........

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer

Check a bank or credit union. When I went to finance my spyder, there wasn't a problem other than the interest rate they were going to give me was ridiculous. Chances are you will get a better rate elsewhere anyway.
    Everything never changes!

Spyder Garage

They say that every time you try to get credit, it actually makes your credit score go down a notch, so I think I'll just pass on trying to get any financing for this thing. I can only take so much rejection, after all. First girls, now this! A guy can only take so much! lol

I will be getting a new RT. Period. I'm done playing around. I'm now determined to just put money away each week towards it's purchase. I'm sure they won't reject me if I come in with CASH! I know girls don't!

Derwin

Spyder Garage

They say that every time you try to get credit, it actually makes your credit score go down a notch, so I think I'll just pass on trying to get any financing for this thing. I can only take so much rejection, after all. First girls, now this! A guy can only take so much! lol

I will be getting a new RT. Period. I'm done playing around. I'm now determined to just put money away each week towards it's purchase. I'm sure they won't reject me if I come in with CASH! I know girls don't!

Derwin
    Good idea. I always pay cash for my toys.

Spyder Garage

Default cash

IS KING
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Why taking such a quantum leap from can't afford a GS to getting a RT-S? If you don't have money to get a $16K GS why even try to stretch for a $26K RT? Set your sights lower for your first Spyder at an used GS for around $10K. Don't think you'll have much problem putting up the cash plus the bank financing. IMO .... if you can't pay cash for your toy, you shouldn't be owning it.

PS. What are ya gonna do when they come out with the ZX model at $40K when you finally have enough for the RT?
    Last edited by M2Wild; 01-13-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Why taking such a quantum leap from can't afford a GS to getting a RT-S? If you don't have money to get a $16K GS why even try to stretch for a $26K RT?
    Simply because I've learned the HARD WAY to get what you REALLY want IN THE FIRST PLACE, instead of "settling" for something lessor. I have $6K in my SSA now, and will just continue to put away for what I really want, until I have enough to pay for it. If I go ahead and get a USED GS, then I'll always regret it, and I can't afford to do that.

IMO .... if you can't pay cash for your toy, you shouldn't be owning it.
    I agree. But there would be a WHOLE lot of people on this board NOT OWNING a Spyder if they all followed that advice, good as it may be.

PS. What are ya gonna do when they come out with the ZX model at $40K when you finally have enough for the RT?
    One thing wrong with that scenario... I don't want the RT just because it is "new" or the latest thing that they came out with. I want it for very substantial reasons. The RT is made in a touring position for the driver where I can sit UPRIGHT. This is the most important thing of all for me. I've been told that the GS can be altered to a certain extent like this, but would never come close to the seating position of the RT. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on a toy, then I sure in hell want to get something that will be comfortable for ME to ride, considering my condition. The RT matches that perfectly, and would be worth every penny. If BRP came out with the RT-ZX next month, I would be entirely uninterested.

So, my sights are now set on this toy. I've always heard that if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it. Well, I believe that. And, besides, I want to attend Lamont's next barbecue!

Derwin

Spyder Garage

I am guessing that "ZX" model will likely have a bigger engine with more horse power, maybe a 6th gear and possibily supercharged. All nice to have with a bigger price tag.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

I am guessing that "ZX" model will likely have a bigger engine with more horse power, maybe a 6th gear and possibily supercharged. All nice to have with a bigger price tag.
    None of that excites me, to tell the truth. The RT, and actually the GS, has plenty enough power to keep me happy and riding for the rest of my life. Well, at least until they make a commercial Rocketbelt!

Spyder Garage

You must be one of the lucky few who has cash laying around or a money tree growing in your back yard. I went out this morning in my yard and all I can find are oak and pine trees.

I tried choking myself but to no avail - I couldn't manage to spit up any nickels. And the last resort, pulling some out of my a$$, I don't think I'd wanna try.

I make enough money to afford to pay all my bills on time if not early, keep a roof over my head, feed myself - the basics. We don't do much extravagant stuff so I do not see anything wrong with qualifying for a loan if one can afford to pay it. Everyone lives life differently and not everyone has cash just laying around.

Just sayin

if you can't pay cash for your toy, you shouldn't be owning it.

Spyder Garage

Nothing wrong with financing as long as people are fiscally responsible. Cash comment is my way of being fiscally responsible.
    Last edited by M2Wild; 01-13-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild
    IMO .... if you can't pay cash for your toy, you shouldn't be owning it.
    Nothing wrong with financing as long as people are fiscally responsible. Cash comment is my way of being fiscally responsible.
    But that's not what you said in your previous post. You said that I "shouldn't be owning it" if I can't pay cash. I guess you forgot to mention the "fiscally responsible" part!

But, hey, I know what you mean. It's usually better to pay cash for anything you buy. That way nobody can come and take it from you if you hit hard times!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

when the banks and lending institutions are all competing for the loans again, these bikes will start selling in volume and the average 18 year old kid will get one ...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Good idea. I always pay cash for my toys.

Look at it this way, no payments later

Cash all the way

Some do not have that kind of money to do that.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Not now, anyway. But I'm working on it!
    Last edited by Derwin; 01-13-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everybody handles their own finances as they see fit, hopefully with good judgement. What works for me is that I try make a down payment such that the value of the asset (in this case, a Spyder), if sold, will pay off the remainder of the loan. Then I keep it insured and maintained. Helps me sleep better at night.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Everybody handles their own finances as they see fit, hopefully with good judgement. What works for me is that I try make a down payment such that the value of the asset (in this case, a Spyder), if sold, will pay off the remainder of the loan. Then I keep it insured and maintained. Helps me sleep better at night.
    this is the same way a bank looks at the loan...then they sleep better

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

None of that excites me, to tell the truth. The RT, and actually the GS, has plenty enough power to keep me happy and riding for the rest of my life. Well, at least until they make a commercial Rocketbelt!
    same here...I have seen and test driven so many vehicles over the past that nothing excites me...no matter what extras they have, I have seen it. this thing came out just over 2 years ago and there is not much more you can do to a bike that hasnt been done. The GS will be the one I end up buying cheap and then I will do custom work...the motor will stay stock and that will be enough for me....it already is just shy of a 1,000 cc...what more would anyone need?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carguy View Post
    the motor will stay stock and that will be enough for me....it already is just shy of a 1,000 cc...what more would anyone need?
    Exactly. I mean, really... Are any of us desiring to break the sound barrier with the Spyder? I don't think so! 1,000 cc is plenty good enough for me, that's for sure. Especially considering that the largest thing I've ever driven is a 500cc scooter! lol