Spyder Garage

Default Mud Flap Running and Brake Lights

Rivco sells a small unit to turn a 2-line LED light into both a running and brake light. It separates the signals so that it is either acting like a running light or it is a blinking brake light. Very small unit.

Tried it out with my mud flap lights last night on the workbench and it looks awesome.

I will run two separate lines to the mudflap lights and a third line for the front side running/turn signals. I am using the Custom Dynamics LEDs for the reflectors.

Since dealers usually put their own license frame on I purchased one of the Custom Dynamic units with the built in LEDs. I am also using the Custom Dynamics Back Off brake light modulator.

For those wondering I am using diodes in the signal lines (for brake, turn, running lights, system signal) from Eastern Beaver out of Hong Kong (great electrical stuff for bikes) so that all I am doing is pulling a signal and not allowing power to go back into the CanBus system. I am running each of the signal lines through a mini relay so I am notstealing power from the Spyder lights/system except through a separate fuse panel.

I set it up last night with the mudflap and license lights spaced out in my shop hooked up to a 12v source last night and turned out the lights and turned on the power and a momentary switch for the brakes and it lit up the room and that is without the awesome rear lights on the RT.

Video/photos after install after I get the bike after I have taken the wife who said get the new RT for a few rides.

Have fun guys and girls.

Lonnie

Spyder Garage

way to go