Thread: cool Ryde

Spyder Garage

Default cool Ryde

oopps! I actually posted this in the wrong spot the 1st time.

High of 36 today, with clear skies. couldn't pass it up, had a fantastic ryde. In fact, I had to lower the windshield a bit just to cool off, seriously I was sweatin'

BTW: While it's nice to stay warm when the temps are this COLD, but just How warm (HOT) is this thing going to be on a 100 deg carolina summer day?

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Could get pretty warm. Most touring bikes with great protection get a bit stuffy and hot. Can't have it both ways easily. I wear mesh protective clothing in the summer, and often stick out an arm or leg into the wind just to cool down. All my large fairing bikes have been this way, even with windshield vents. At least the RT-S has better radiator airflow, so it won't fry your right foot and leg.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Could get pretty warm. Most touring bikes with great protection get a bit stuffy and hot. Can't have it both ways easily. I wear mesh protective clothing in the summer, and often stick out an arm or leg into the wind just to cool down. All my large fairing bikes have been this way, even with windshield vents. At least the RT-S has better radiator airflow, so it won't fry your right foot and leg.
    Yah, today I road for 1 1/2 hours in a deserted parking lot 72 degrees and where I placed my sunglasses in the middle console they got hot, and I could feel the heat by my knees and thighs, not an issue just an observation. The helmet I got is very similar to the can-am hybrid i am waiting for. The sun shade worked great. And it has a detachable full face.

I too lowered the windshield and it was great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post

BTW: While it's nice to stay warm when the temps are this COLD, but just How warm (HOT) is this thing going to be on a 100 deg carolina summer day?
    One of the first things I noticed was the heat management is much better on the RT compared to the RS.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw6uoAm4uWY[/ame]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    One of the first things I noticed was the heat management is much better on the RT compared to the RS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw6uoAm4uWY
    great video Lamonster , I can't wait to be doing that. Did you have a manual or auto in all that traffic?