RT-S PE#0279
    Spyder Garage

Default Projected RT-S delivery date

Has anyone who has ordered a 2010 RT-S PE ever tried to call Can Am and ask where in the assembly line their specific RT-S order is and a projected delivery date? As you can tell, I'm excited about getting "the call" that my new Spyder is on the way. I may try next week unless someone tells me they have tried and failed. Tom N

Spyder Garage

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

Spyder Garage

My guess would be that is a no.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

RT-S PE#0279
    Spyder Garage

So far I love the answers! As soon as I read Lamonster's response I started laughing outloud. I thought it was worth a try.

Spyder Garage

Default Checking on RT deliveries..

Wife and I ordered two RT's 12/10/09 and was told that mid Jan was a sure thing delivery date. I called yesterday, the 7th. Spoke with the general manager of my dealer here in Ft. Myers FL. He was going to check with BRP and get back to me. We were thinking that if a mid Jan delivery was going to happen that there was surely some information on the production position on our two machines.. No call.. nada.. What would you think?? I'm getting very xcited but doubtful on that mid Jan thing... Len
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
    Has anyone who has ordered a 2010 RT-S PE ever tried to call Can Am and ask where in the assembly line their specific RT-S order is and a projected delivery date? As you can tell, I'm excited about getting "the call" that my new Spyder is on the way. I may try next week unless someone tells me they have tried and failed. Tom N

Spyder Garage

Your dealer can look it up to see if there is a projected delivery date yet. Mine told me about Thanksgiving that my RT-S was on the computer as being due to be shipped in December. That was about a month ahead. Dealers are supposed to get email notice of actual shipment, but that is iffy. Mine got notice on a Thursday afternoon, and the Spyder showed up Friday morning. If you ordered a Timeless Black PE, it should show soon, depending on when you ordered. If you ordered another color (or model) you have a couple of months to wait, from what they say.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

you know this is one area where BRP could really shine, all that is needed is one inside person

to take it upon themselves to give a status report and projected ship date. I have seen it done before with

great results, enthusiasm and understanding that delays can happen on any new venture. We are there

best advertisement and this costs nothing. Only positive reviews can come out of this. If they

went to the extent of picking five ambassadors that are on their payroll, surely they can inform

1000 PE members of their expected delivery date. Come on lets get this happening NOW!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer Answer Yesterday

They don't know anything yet except that they expect them when BRP has a full truck of Spyders, Seadoos or snowmobiles for an area. We ordered in October and he has stated the same as others: 1) they may see it on BossWeb (BRP's business site) and then they show up shortly thereafter; or 2) they get short or no notice and they just show up; and 3) he has no clue whether they will show up SE5 or SM5 first or both first.

He said he was surprised that they are delivering out of the order they were ordered and that they are delivering to places that are snowbound but that could relate to when they have a full truck of vehicles for a specific area. In late December some dealers were still getting their demos.

His best guess is probably before the end of January. My best guess is whatever I guess will be wrong so.

Lonnie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenc454 View Post
    He said he was surprised that they are delivering out of the order they were ordered and that they are delivering to places that are snowbound but that could relate to when they have a full truck of vehicles for a specific area. In late December some dealers were still getting their demos.
    Thank goodness for snowmobile deliveries...LOL. Not be belittle anybody's agonizing wait, but I am glad mine showed, even if I can't ride. The real hoot is that the load my dealer received had my RT-S and two personal watercraft. Go figure. Keeping my fingers crossed that you see yours soon.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    If they

went to the extent of picking five ambassadors that are on their payroll, surely they can inform

1000 PE members of their expected delivery date. Come on lets get this happening NOW!!!
    Okay now I want to know where my check is, I didn't know I was on the payroll and nobody told me I was getting paid.

Spyder Garage

So far I love the answers! As soon as I read Lamonster's response I started laughing outloud. I thought it was worth a try.
    Your best bet is to keep in contact with your dealer, BRP is not going to cut them out of the loop on this one. Hope you get yours soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Okay now I want to know where my check is, I didn't know I was on the payroll and nobody told me I was getting paid.
    Lamonster my apologies, I misspoke, but possibly you know someone there that can check on a computer and see when these RT PE are leaving. the BRP plant. And I will send you a check and you can be on my payroll. Now get to work on this!

Spyder Garage

Default Projected RTS Delivery Date

I put my deposit down on November 15th. I was told that I should receive mine sometime in January and more likely February. I had in my mind that it would be February. I picked mine up this past Tuesday, January 12th. My PE # was N0004. I live in Central, Flarda. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 01-14-2010 at 08:23 PM.