Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like to ride with a couple of pals during the "riding season", but they winterize their 2 wheelers, so I'm generally solo in the winter months.

Spyder Garage

Default same here . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    I ride solo 99% of the time. I spent enough years living and working on other peoples schedules. I'm not anti social, I just like the feeling of being able to ride at my speed and stop whenever I want to without having to feel guilty. No tunes, no GPS just the open air and me. That may seem selfish but "It is what it is".

. . . . except, I often listen to music. The best rides I have are when I don't see any cars or riders in front of me or behind me.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Solo probably 90%, the rest is generally with other Spyder nuts. In the almost 2 years I've had mine, there were 3 times with passengers, mostly in parades.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    I ride solo 99% of the time. I spent enough years living and working on other peoples schedules. I'm not anti social, I just like the feeling of being able to ride at my speed and stop whenever I want to without having to feel guilty. No tunes, no GPS just the open air and me. That may seem selfish but "It is what it is".
    No "To Do Lists, " or Inspections! Just me and the Spyder wandering around the Countryside avoiding Mr. Policeman?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ride solo to work every day and ride on weekends with the Hill Country Motorcycle Riders Meetup group. Occasionally I ride with a friend for a small group ride.

Spyder Garage

99% by my self 1% group & two up (like to be alone on bike) would not mind ryding with others just not many others want to ryde in the winter in the great northwest
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Way2Fast

Except during demo rides I either ride solo or with my wife, each on our own bikes. We used to ride double on the Spyder but since the steering thingy, she wants no part of it.

Spyder Garage

I ryde with my secret club. Took me a while to earn my flag. Had to keep up with the boys on missions, had to go to bad places with dirty porta potties (one was so bad some guy left his underwear outside), very very long highway rydes, torrential downpours, overly hot and humid days where I felt like I was melting. But I earned it! I do ryde alone also but not alot - the club has missions just about every weekend that I must partake in or I could lose my flag. And if any of us decide to go on a non sanctioned ryde we get warnings but I think it is after 3 we are banned and have to start all over again as a prospect.

Spyder Garage

Default 50/50

50% alone and the other 50% by myself
    SPYDRRR

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by northramp View Post
    1 up and solo .. 90%

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3rdr View Post
    I'm 99% solo ...
    That's because nobody can catch you, Vinnie!!

Spyder Garage

98% solo and 2% 2-up. I have never rode with another bike. I try to get my neighbors and a few friends to ride, but they all seem content to let thier bikes rot in the garage. When they do take them out, it is to ride to the bike shop to pick up a new gizmo. I guess they just like polishing them up.

They call me crazy for riding in this weather. Worst to date was 17 degrees with 35mph winds. Wind chill alone was like 2 degrees standing still.

That was the day I figured out my gerbing gear was only ever turned up half way and that it had pulsing and steady heat.

Big embarassment -
    1- not knowing how my own gear worked
    2- giving myself a first degree burn in an unmentionable area after i finally figured it out.
    J

Mods -
    TBR Dual polished, Juice Box, Robobracket/MadStad wind shield, Kuraykan ISO grips, Throttle Boss, and Kewl-Metal Helmet lock ends, Kewl-Metal Mirror extensions, Evoluzione Power Bus & Sway Bar, Green perfromance filter, wrapped pipes, Spyder Passenger bag, Full Gerbing heated/armored suit, Gerbing gloves and insoles, Ball bearings in the bars, pigtail for heated gear, spring for trunk.

Spyder Garage

95% solo, 4% 2-4 bikes, 1% larger groups.
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

10% solo, 10% with groups, 80% with Hubby riding his own. We have never gotten headsets because he says he can hear me perfectly well.. something about reading lips and fingers...

Hey glynnk, we rode up to 249 and Grant this morning. Brrrrr!!! Dropped Hubbies bike off for a top end job. At noon, there was still ice in the parking lot. Did I tell you it was colder than a brass toidy seat on the shady side of an ice burg???
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    10% solo, 10% with groups, 80% with Hubby riding his own. We have never gotten headsets because he says he can hear me perfectly well.. something about reading lips and fingers...

Hey glynnk, we rode up to 249 and Grant this morning. Brrrrr!!! Dropped Hubbies bike off for a top end job. At noon, there was still ice in the parking lot. Did I tell you it was colder than a brass toidy seat on the shady side of an ice burg???
    LOL.....yeah, I did a little riding myself this afternoon...not too bad. I need to get together with you guys. Y'all up for lunch someplace tomorrow? Hopefully, it should be a tad warmer.

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

95% alone, 5% with pals around the area, lkooking forward to a road trip with a buddy or two next year when the 2 wheel folks get back on the road.

The best thing about 3 wheels is being able to ride in the cold and slippery conditions around here in winter. If I was to put the Can Am away for winter I would have to just go back to two wheels- cheaper, faster, better handling, but not nearly so versatile and able to handle adverse conditions.

One reason I don't ride a lot with others is that I can't stand loud pipes. I won't ride behind them so I generally avoid the club scene.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

99% solo. This is my first bike so I don't have an established network of biker friends. I'm also socially challenged.
    Happy 2009 Roadster Red SM5 Owner
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust w/P1X Tips | Two Brothers Juice Box | KewlMetal Intake | Amber Fender Tip Lights | Fog Lights | SilverStar Headlights | Trunk Liner | 12v Acc. Plug | BRP Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

30-30-40 Here

Solo, 2-up with my son, small groups of 2 to 10 (mostly in a group with my husband)
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ride about 90% with a group, usually the ride leader. It is a small group of around 6 bikes usually. The rest is solo for commuting or errands. Since I am new to the spyder, I am looking forward to seeing how it holds up with the group. The rest ride FZ1's, VFR, FJR and the like.

Spyder Garage

60 % solo, 40 % with 2 other local bikes. This will change when the RT comes in.
    Lets Ride!

Way2Fast

I dislike riding with a group because even with the Hindle exhaust some of the Harleys are so loud you can't even tell your engine is running however you will know when you go to start it

Some time ago I had joined the local chapter of the Blue Knights, but didn't stay around very long when it became obvious that they frown on any other ride if not a HD.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glynnk View Post
    LOL.....yeah, I did a little riding myself this afternoon...not too bad. I need to get together with you guys. Y'all up for lunch someplace tomorrow? Hopefully, it should be a tad warmer.

Glynnk
    Sorry I missed your post. Maybe we could meet up for lunch next weekend at J.B.'s Steakhouse?
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

95% solo, the other 5% would include poker runs and benefits. Plus, a buddy and I take our annual bike trip up to Wisconsin every year for 4-5 days.

He was pretty surprised when I showed up at our meeting spot on the Spyder this year!
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

Spyder Garage

before RT - alone during week - 2 up all wwekends and holidays

after RT we ride seperatly-together
    she on RT me on RS - 25% of time with Aquaspyder, rest by ourselves/together

occassionally with others
    2013 RT Yellow
    2013 RST Yellow
    2011 RSS Metallic Orange / Flat Black
    2010 Limited Edition # 11 Black
    2008 RS SilverMoon
    2014 Black Current Rt Limited

[SIGPIC]SIGPIC] Happy Owners