Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    Awesome!

Keep 'em coming.

I'm jealous (though I might have had problems, I don't speak a lick of Spanish and I have no passport).
    I speak no Spanish either but got by using pen, paper and pointing...Charades practice.

Spyder Garage

Last edited by powerbyaj; 02-18-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Good stuff!

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Default Three Amigos go to Baja February 2010

Three Amigos go to Baja February 2010

The trip was plan on president day weekend for five days down and back. Day 1 started in Encinitas, Ca around 7:00 Am heading toward San Ysidro, Ca for first gas stop before crossing border. After crossing border we stop at Mexico immigration office where we picked up our Tourist Visa which is free if staying less than 7 days. The Tourist Visa process was about 30 minutes.

Our next important move was passing through Tijuana as quickly as possible by getting on the toll road. There was one problem the exit to toll road was under construction. Without the ability to read Spanish detour sign we ended in the city looking for a way to enter toll road. After riding around 30 minutes lost in Tijuana city stopped at local fire station for direction. With me no Spanish and fire department very little English I figure out I needed to go north on main road then find a walk over bridge crossing main road then go right. Around 9:00 AM toll road entrance was located.

The first 100 miles on MXC 1 toll road had 3 toll booth and a check point it’s a tourist zone and somewhat scenic but nothing to write home about. Once through Ensenada the next 100 miles is agricultural region very beautiful with twisted roads perfect for testing the spyders ability. Stopping in San Vicente to gas up and drink some water we headed back down the road. While traveling through smaller towns we encounter speed control devices, keeping your speed down was mandatory or you could take flight or rattle you teeth out.

After reaching San Quintin at southern end of agricultural region the road runs down a open coastal plains region along the Pacific Ocean then turns east into the hills of El Rosario. El Rosario was a gas stop and also had a check point before heading into boonies towards Guerrero Negro which was around 200+ miles away this distance required a gas stop filling up from a 50 gallon drum. Make sure 5 gallon gas can is full before allowing them to fill up. Also do one bike at a time so extra gas can go into next bike. Around 20 miles outside Guerrero Negro we lost our sunlight. One of the riders had HID lights and driving lights mounted so it was like daylight on the road. Desert Inn motel at border of Baja and Baja Sur was our stopping point for tonight.

Pictures from Day 1

Stay tuned more to follow...

Spyder Garage

Great pics! Looks like the main highway is pretty well maintained down that way as well.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    Great pics! Looks like the main highway is pretty well maintained down that way as well.

Bruce
    Out of 2000+ miles of riding only 50 miles i would call unacceptable for spyder at higher speeds. Santa Ines area is bad for higher speeds but ok for speed limit. Also work is being done on bridges which detours drivers through a dirt side road around 200kms long otherwise we road between 6000 and 7000 rpm with out a problem.
    Last edited by powerbyaj; 02-19-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have hours of video to sort through to find best shots. For now i will post links to some small test videos for your enjoyment:

Spyder Garage

Wow, good stuff.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue