Spyder Garage

Default Audio Hookup In Trunk - 5, 6 or 7 pin

I tried to find a photo and searched for different words to get to this. Can someone tell which it is?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenc454 View Post
    I tried to find a photo and searched for different words to get to this. Can someone tell which it is?
    Maybe this will help from SpyderFred's blog, he mentions a 7 pin...not sure if it's in the trunk though :

http://blog.spyderfred.com/2009/09/1...rrections.aspx

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In the trunk you have a 3.5mm and a I-pod/phone hook up that is all for audio in the trunk, or are you after the plug that these adapters go into? That I dont know the ones for the rider/ passenger are a 7 pin.

Spyder Garage

The connector in the topcase appears to be a standard 7-pin DIN (not mini-DIN) without a center pin, and with a water resistant rubber sleeve. The iPod or 3.5 mm plug hook up via provided adapter cables. I believe this is the same connector used for the CB/Comm System, but I can't be sure since I did not purchase the comm unit. From what Fred Rau says, I believe it is the same. I think Lamont has the comm system, so he could check if the adapter cables fit. The pin assignnments are unknown at this time.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks all - Looking to get an interface for that plug

Communicating with J&M and Sierra Electronics to see if we can make up an interface cable to go between the IPOD cable and the outlet to allow input of the signal from my Valentine radar detector. Will let folks know when I figure out the pin out and a shunt so the signal goes one into the system.

Lonnie