Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc:

14 Other than normal bridge {50 points}
    39 At a Dam {15 points}
    70 Mural that creates an illusion {50 points} ???
    98 A Pirate {50 points} Bad picture taking and sun...only got half the pirates head

Spyder Garage

Default RK update 020910

(#62 +250) Not knowing when I'll be able to reach the road again, since we're not being spared the wrath of the storm this time, before the snow started to let loose, I spent a few hours after work traveling to a rhyming intersection of Main & Lane...
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10112.JPG

Ride on.
    Roadkill
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...es/35_9838.jpg
    Last edited by Roadkill; 02-20-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: url update due to re-established personal site functionality
    2008 GS Roadster , Roadster Red

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc.

Four minor point entries today while Valentine shopping for my sweetie

48. In front of a firehouse (Fort Sam Houston, TX) - 25 pts.
    64. Festival Banner (San Antonio Wine Festival) - 25 pts.
    65. Old Gas Station Sign (defunct Mobil Station, Alamo Heights, TX) - 50 pts.
    96. Foreign national flag (UK, Canada, etc, San Antonio, TX) - 25 pts.

125 points for the day! Kind of running out of the close in ones.
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Default RK update 021310

+Arrgghh! Foiled again! To satisfy a few items today, I aimed a few hours north to the Albany-Schenectady area, starting with the USS Slater in Albany Harbor for #6. Little did I know that the ship is put in drydock for the winter, especially when the Hudson's frozen over. Onward, then...

(#47 +50) The New York State Capitol, Albany, NY.
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10113.JPG

(#17 - REPLACEMENT IMAGE) Also of a brutalist modern design as the Orange County Government Center image being replaced, "The Egg" Performing Arts Center is part of the Nelson A. Rockefeller Empire State Plaza. There is only one other structure like it in the world, located in Paris, France. The concrete, egg-shaped building was completed in 1978, and contains two theaters: the 982-seat Kitty Carlisle Hart Theater and the 450-seat Lewis A. Swyer Theater. The music group "They Might Be Giants" performed here on 10/02/09, and in their set included a song they'd written ("Albany") about this unique structure.
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10114.JPG
    (To view the TMBG music video, go here: http://vimeo.com/6870651)

Heading WNW from Albany, I know that there's a plane on a stick in Schenectady, and enroute, I capture...

(#60 +50) Timothy Lane.
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10115.JPG

(#72 +50) At the Empire State Aerosciences Museum, an airplane mounted on a post.
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10116.JPG

(#7 - REPLACEMENT IMAGE) I've decided to replace my earlier (dark & distant) image of the F-86 Sabre jet with this one, of RAKNID in front of multiple military aircraft. (My plan is to return to the F-86 Sabre of my youth and try to capture me sitting in it for #8.)
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10117.JPG

Temps never rose above freezing again today for my five-hour foray, but no matter, the smile's still frozen on anyway... 8^)

Ride on.
    Roadkill
    Last edited by Roadkill; 02-20-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: url updates due to re-established personal site functionality

Spyder Garage

Default RK update 021410

+A short southbound ride of only 3-1/2 hours today netted me an "Ain't" sign, (and enroute, a Delaware Water Gap sign... 8^)

(#78 +50) Ain't We Sweet
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10118.JPG

(#31 - REPLACEMENT IMAGE) Delaware Water Gap (I couldn't resist).
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10119.JPG

Ride on.
    Roadkill
    Last edited by Roadkill; 02-20-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: url updates due to re-established personal site functionality

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

38. With a Celebrity (250 pts):
    Miss Texas 20s, Jasmin Hernandez, taken at the Army Strong Zone, US Army All American Bowl
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Docs

25 {125 points} At the farthest most point in your state/country
    US border crossing
    26 {125 points} At an International border crossing
    Mexico
    27 {50 points} At a State Line crossing
    Baja/Baja Sur
    42 {10 points} At a Spyder dealership
    BRP Los Cabos
    52 {10 points} At an Entering sign to another state
    Baja
    66 {50 points} Welcome sign that spans a roadway

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyaj View Post
    Updated Google Docs
    52 {10 points} At an Entering sign to another state
    Baja
    66 {50 points} Welcome sign that spans a roadway
    Cannot use the same sign for 2 requirements. Choose which you want it to satisfy
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irish2themax View Post
    Cannot use the same sign for 2 requirements. Choose which you want it to satisfy
    Updated Google doc
    Changed 52 {10 points} At an Entering sign to another state
    Baja California Sur

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

12. Graffiti Mural (50 pts)
    14. At Other Than Normal Bridge (50 pts)
    Faux Bois Bridge, Brackenridge Park, San Antonio, TX. This bridge was featured in the October 1927 edition of Popular Mechanics:

http://books.google.com/books?id=itgDAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA79&dq=Nikola%20Tes la&lr=&as_pt=MAGAZINES&rview=1&pg=PA585#v=onepage& q=Nikola%20Tesla&f=f alse
    20. In Front of a Theme Park (35 pts)
    Six Flags Fiesta Texas
    56. Bike in front of an over sized chair, must be BIG. (50 pts)
    Furniture Row, I-35 North of San Antonio
    77. Sign has a misspelled word or is grammatically incorrect (50 pts) Chick-Fil-A cows ad

Spyder Garage

Default RK update 022110

+To aid in locating the southernmost point in my state (New York), I turned to Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme...of_U.S._states

It took 6-1/2 hours of saddle time to capture today's images, partially due to stop/go traffic through most of the boroughs of Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan, two hours south of my home in Ulster County. My first stop was in Staten Island, after crossing over from New Jersey via the Outerbridge Crossing...

(#25 +125) Conference House Park sits at the southern tip of Staten Island, Richmond County (New York City). Though my image includes only the park's Visitor Center, the Conference House itself, now a museum, was built by a British Naval Officer in 1680, and is named in memory of the 1776 conference convened at the house in an attempt to end the Revolutionary War.
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10120.JPG

Next up was a town that's the same name as a country, and for this, I chose Jamaica, Queens (still in New York City) a scant 40 miles away (this is a BIG city), and nearly ALL bumper-to-bumper, stop & go traffic. After leaving Staten Island via the Verrazano Bridge, and traversing through Brooklyn on the Belt Parkway, an official NYC sign read, "Leaving Brooklyn. FUHGETTABOUTIT". I was unable to stop and photograph it without getting run over...

(#1 +50) In Queens, upon exiting the Van Wyck Expressway at Jamaica Avenue, I looked for a landmark satisfactory to my needs, and settled on the Jamaica Hospital Medical Center.
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10121.JPG

A few more miles of sheer highway hell brought me to the New York Hall of Science in Corona, Queens...

(#5 +50) In front of a rocket: (Gemini Titan II, Mercury-Atlas D Rocket, Saturn V F-1 Engine)
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10122.JPG

From here, I'm bound west toward the East River and Long Island City, Queens, where I'm looking for 5 Pointz...

(#12 +50) 5Pointz Aerosol Art Center, Inc. is an outdoor art exhibit space in Long Island City, New York, considered to be the world’s premiere “graffiti Mecca,” where aerosol artists from around the globe paint colorful pieces on the walls of a 200,000-square-foot factory building.
    http://www.roadkillonline.net/imaged...s/35_10123.JPG

Nightfall has now ensued, and I still need to cross Manhattan in grueling traffic, but two hours later, I'm home.

Ride on.
    Roadkill

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

59. At a county or regional border crossing (50 pts)
    Bexar County, Texas, entering from Atascosa County on TX-16.

69. Unique water tower (50 pts)
    Poteet, Texas. Water tower modified to give the appearance of a strawberry, complete with stem. Poteet is the home of the annual Strawberry Festival, the largest agricultural festival in Texas.

41 down, 59 to go...

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

59. At a county or regional border crossing (50 pts)
    Orange/ San Diego county

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

38. Photo of you and a celebrity (250 points); Can be from any profession
    Willie Buchanon Oceanside local football star stop by shop today. Father of William Buchanon former NFL Carolina Panthers player.

* Green Bay Packers (1972-1978)
    * Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Inductees
    * San Diego Chargers (1979-1982)
    * 3× Pro Bowl selection (1973, 1974, 1978)
    * 1× All-Pro selection (1978)
    * 1972 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year
    * SDSU Aztec Hall Of Fame Inductees
    * San Diego Padres (1969) first year San Diego Padres joined the ranks of Major League Baseball

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

61. Horse Hitching Post (100 pts). This is actually within a mile of my house, but I hadn't noticed it. I was commenting to my wife that you'd think Texas would have a hitching post or two, and she told me about this one...

42 down, 58 to go...
    Last edited by Brevet05; 02-26-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by txknight67 View Post
    Love that pink/purple bike and also that special edition white. Too bad that white came out after I already bought my bike. That is one sweet looking ride.

HMMMMM!!!!! How hard is the tupperware to paint? I've seen photo's of a tangerine orange one. Doubt that is a "wrap job".
    Nope the Orange one is not a wrap, it's my wife's and it's painted Lamborgini Orange with a pearl on top.
    Akiotechnologies Carbon Fiber Knee guards, handle bar trim, fenders, Ulta Sport carbon fiber wind shield, Hindle Pipe, Pegs, Mels Shock covers, NMN Triple play, NMN Fender Tipz, BRP HIDs, Fog Light, 100 watt punch amp, kicker 6x9 3 ways, Dyno boost chip, Seat Skin, rear passenger bag, NMN Chrome wheels all 3 with sprocket, Evo 3 windshield, Mels Monster Windshield

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

13. At a lake or beach. Braunig Lake, a man-made 1350 acre power plant cooling lake south of San Antonio (25 pts)

63. A Water Tower with Cone and Ball design. Adjacent to the Braunig Power Plant (50 pts)

82. At a famous Birthplace. Just in time for the Centennial of Military Flight, this shot at the historical marker for the "Birthplace of Military Aviation" At the Garrison Flagpole, Fort Sam Houston, Texas. Rode to see both the flying and non-flying replicas of the Wright Brothers' Model B Flyer, which are at the Stinson Airfield and Fort Sam Houston MacArthur Parade Field respectively to celebrate the event. (50 pts)

45 down, 55 to go....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post
    Updated Google Doc

38. With a Celebrity (250 pts):
    Miss Texas 20s, Jasmin Hernandez, taken at the Army Strong Zone, US Army All American Bowl
    fantastic !! but just wait till the snowmans here in austria are dead..
    then i restart with my camera..
    chris
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    fantastic !! but just wait till the snowmans here in austria are dead..
    then i restart with my camera..
    chris
    Chris,
    Looking forward to it! With the possible exception of Miss Texas, Austria certainly has more beautiful scenery than Texas. We've kilometer after kilometer of scrub brush and cactus, and no mountains to speak of. That said, there's also a lot of great riding here, especially for February!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post
    Chris,
    Looking forward to it! With the possible exception of Miss Texas, Austria certainly has more beautiful scenery than Texas. We've kilometer after kilometer of scrub brush and cactus, and no mountains to speak of. That said, there's also a lot of great riding here, especially for February!
    you are right - if you got miss texas - i always travel with miss world...(hope "she" reads that one time..)
    chris
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Default Google Doc update

Updated Google Doc

3. Town that has the same name as a foreign town/city (25 points)
    Carlsbad, Ca = Carlsbad, Czech Republic
    {Karlovy Vary in czech or Karlsbad in german}

5. In front of a rocket (50 points)
    Atlas rocket at San Diego Aerospace Museum Gillespie Field Annex

41. At a race track or drag strip (50 points)
    Barona Speedway 1/8 drag and 1/4 mile clay track

62. Rhyming intersection (street names)(250 points)???
    Unida Place and Haveteur Way
    U need a Place then Have it your way

69. Unique water tower (50 points)
    El Cajon Water Tower made from Cor-Ten steel, which starts off blue-gray in color but turns to a reddish brown color with weathering. Although it may look like rust, the reddish brown coloring actually protects against rust.

85. Upside down object (25 points)
    Row boat mounted upside down as an awning
    Last edited by powerbyaj; 02-28-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyaj View Post
    Updated Google Doc
    62. Rhyming intersection (street names)(250 points)???
    Unida Place and Haveteur Way
    U need a Place then Have it your way
    Cute combination but they don't rhyme
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

21. In front of an abandoned hospital or school (75 points)
    Hollydale mental hospital / The Farm - Downey, CA Hawthorne & 7500 Descano Downey, CA 90242 {N 33.92348 W 118.16286}

24. At the top of a mountain (50 points); Must say “Summit” or “Peak”
    Double Peak Park San Marcos, CA

32. At a tire company symbol (25 points)
    Goodyear bimp

34. At a politician’s birth place (50 points)
    Richard Nixon Yorbo Linda, Ca

35. At a castle (25 points)
    Rubel Castle

56. Bike in front of an over sized chair, must be BIG (50 points)
    LA Mart

77. Sign has a misspelled word or is grammatically incorrect (50 points)
    City sign spelled Fransisco not Francisco

73. Sign that has been translated into at least three languages (100 points)
    Chinese, English and Vietnamese

80. Sign with many arrows pointing in different (50 points)
    Sister cities sign in Los Angeles, CA

82. Famous Birthplaces "This is the Birthplace of ________." (50 points)
    Beach Boys Hawthorne, CA
    Last edited by powerbyaj; 03-09-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Added 77, changed 24

Spyder Garage

Updated Google Doc

32. At a Tire Company symbol. Giant Inflatable Bridgestone Tire. (25 pts)
    Last edited by Brevet05; 03-19-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added point value

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

I win... I win.....

don't I ????