Spyder Garage

Default Interesting Tidbit

Saw my Certificate of Origin yesterday at the dealer. While the Spyder RT specifications state that it is 100 horsepower, the Certificate of Origin says 95.0. So if some guy in a suit and sunglasses, with an earphone comes up to us and asks, "How many horsepower does that thing have," maybe we had better answer 95.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

95 it is Scotty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Saw my Certificate of Origin yesterday at the dealer. While the Spyder RT specifications state that it is 100 horsepower, the Certificate of Origin says 95.0. So if some guy in a suit and sunglasses, with an earphone comes up to us and asks, "How many horsepower does that thing have," maybe we had better answer 95.
    I'd refuse delivery and get my money back... if I were you, Scotty.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

WHAT kind of HP is it. There are about 4 different international ways of HP rating. If it is Canadian, it is likely different than U.S. rating system and could account for the 5hp difference. I'll post later, from one of the Jap shop manuals ,a couple different ones so you can see how much they vary depending on how the HP is tested. It was pretty common for the Jap mauals to have more than one rating listed because they were often sold in a variety of countries with different rating systems.
    I don't know if the Canadian standard is different, but I know the European standard is. Rotax used to be built in Europe, not sure now since BRP purchased them, but I'd be surprised if they moved it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woodz428 View Post
    ...Rotax used to be built in Europe, not sure now since BRP purchased them, but I'd be surprised if they moved it.
    Still in Austria.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Maybe it saves on the border crossing?
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ameobe View Post
    Maybe it saves on the border crossing?
    Could save on insurance too. I know 990cc cost less to insure than the 1000cc mile stone. Same thing with jet skiies .... instead of using the official measurment on the documentation (which include the jet nozzle) I asked the DMV pepole and they said to measure from bow to stern. I was 1.5 inches shorter than the documentation and 0.5 inches under the next boat class .... which saves me almost $100 per year.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    WISCONSIN....Across The Road From the Holsteins
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Same thing with jet skiies .... instead of using the official measurment on the documentation (which include the jet nozzle) I asked the DMV pepole and they said to measure from bow to stern. I was 1.5 inches shorter than the documentation and 0.5 inches under the next boat class .... which saves me almost $100 per year.

On the subject of marine HP. If a boat is rated at say 150 hp, and your main power is 150 hp and you use a smaller 10 hp trowler your over rated and breaking the law, not to mention your insurance.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by michaels cycle View Post
    On the subject of marine HP. If a boat is rated at say 150 hp, and your main power is 150 hp and you use a smaller 10 hp trowler your over rated and breaking the law, not to mention your insurance.
    Sounds like some personal experience...maybe even a little expensive one too.

Spyder Garage

Legally, your horsepower is what is stated on the manufacturer's certificate of origin. It may have different advertised specs, but the statement of origin is what the mfr says it was built with!
    Cappy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Hey Scotty, how's ya new knee a doing ??? , & I also got a full total hip replaced, early Dec., do ya know how soon, a guy can get a-straddle of a Spyder ??, & then a 2-wheeler ???