Spyder Garage

Question Headsets for the RT Audio System

Anyone hear anything about the quality of the Can Am headsets compared to J&M or others and how they perform with the RT Radio, CB and GPS?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenc454 View Post
    Anyone hear anything about the quality of the Can Am headsets compared to J&M or others and how they perform with the RT Radio, CB and GPS?
    Ask Freditor, (Fred Rau). I think he has the headsets for his RT5 Spyder, and he and his wife have tested them and others extensively.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Ask Freditor, (Fred Rau). I think he has the headsets for his RT5 Spyder, and he and his wife have tested them and others extensively.
    I'm pretty sure Fred used his own headsets because he had to have an adapter made up. I have the BRP headset but have yet to use them. I'll post something after I do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fred used his own headsets because he had to have an adapter made up.
    That's right, I remember now. Something special about the volume when adapting another unit, too, as I now tardily recall. If anybody finds my marbles, please turn them over to my wife for reinstallation.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    That's right, I remember now. Something special about the volume when adapting another unit, too, as I now tardily recall. If anybody finds my marbles, please turn them over to my wife for reinstallation.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If I remember correctly, Fred was saying that it was better to use a HO (High Output) mike on your helmet or you would find yourself having to turn the mike volume way up to get it to work well.