Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dwsdad View Post
    Looks interesting. Thanks for the info.
    Dick
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    OK, I need some input. Having never owned or been around a Touring bike I have no clue how necessary a CB or Intercom would be. But....My dealer told me if I order the CB package before my oRT is shipped he wont charge me for installation (if he installs it during the initial setup).

So, for those of you with Touring experience...with all the new bluetooth stuff out there, is the CB/Intercom Package worth the cash?
    Great question, so what did you decide John G, I myself am going down to the dealer tomorrow to order the rest of my options, while I have just a little bit of control with the cost, the RTS and garmin were ordered and I am gonna add the CB and XM also.

gonna also get a price on the B.E.S.T. warranty

The trailer I will get later if I see the necessity on bringing a lot of stuff. Heck 22 cubic feet is what i could fit in the back of my vet and believe me that was a lot.

Spyder Garage

I ordered my RT with CB. The RT arrived two weeks ago, but no CB yet. Dealer doesn't know when it'll arrive...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Great question, so what did you decide John G, I myself am going down to the dealer tomorrow to order the rest of my options, while I have just a little bit of control with the cost, the RTS and garmin were ordered and I am gonna add the CB and XM also.

gonna also get a price on the B.E.S.T. warranty

The trailer I will get later if I see the necessity on bringing a lot of stuff. Heck 22 cubic feet is what i could fit in the back of my vet and believe me that was a lot.

I'll probabley go with the CB option, my dealer has offered to extend his free installation into March (or whenever the CB's come out).

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A CB radio is the last thing I would want...
    "Breaker ...Breaker Good Buddy...got your ears on""

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    OK, I need some input. Having never owned or been around a Touring bike I have no clue how necessary a CB or Intercom would be. But....My dealer told me if I order the CB package before my oRT is shipped he wont charge me for installation (if he installs it during the initial setup).

So, for those of you with Touring expierence...with all the new bluetooth stuff out there, is the CB/Intercom Package worth the cash?
    I wouldent ride in a groop with out one

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Millington View Post
    I wouldent ride in a groop with out one
    welcome

great first post,,,,,ok I am gettin the CB and if I am wrong and i wasted my $$ then you can put that on my tombstone, but if just once if it saves my life, then , nahnah nah nah naaaaaaaaa!!