Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Here is the official NHTSA recall notice, and here is the BRP letter that initiated the recall.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Talked to my dealer today about the recall. We looked at the BUDS system and my RT is on the list. I asked if there as anything in the notice that indicates the recall is a "grounding item" and we could not find any wording that would make me park the Spyder. We did a quick visual of the suspect area and saw nothing unusual but it will take a full take down to be sure. My RT is going in for a 600 on Wed so we can take care of everything then.

I really want to meet up with Mad Matt on Saturday to talk about RT mods so I guess I'll take my chances. Will post a new thread on RT mods after I talk to Matt.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Recall Work Check - No Problems

Hi guys

Had my RTS at the dealer for the recall check and it took a couple of hours, but it was no big deal according to the dealer. All is well, and I expect there will be more recalls to come, 1,231 miles so far and 6 weeks of owning it and I love it . We went with the sypder group to the IMS at Long Beach a few weeks ago and hung out with the BRP spyder demo guys and dicussed the RTS.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHTRIDER View Post
    Talked to my dealer today about the recall. We looked at the BUDS system and my RT is on the list. I asked if there as anything in the notice that indicates the recall is a "grounding item" and we could not find any wording that would make me park the Spyder. We did a quick visual of the suspect area and saw nothing unusual but it will take a full take down to be sure. My RT is going in for a 600 on Wed so we can take care of everything then.

I really want to meet up with Mad Matt on Saturday to talk about RT mods so I guess I'll take my chances. Will post a new thread on RT mods after I talk to Matt.
    We were over in Scottsdale this weekend and passed by the Can Am dealer in Surprise, AZ. is that near you. I think there is one in Goodyear also.