Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    1964 Yamaha 80, 1 lunger. 1965 Suzuki X6-Hustler, 1965 Honda 305 Dream, 1971or so Yamaha 90, 1972 or so Honda 305 Scrambler, 1976 750 Hondamatic--wish I still had that one, 1978 Kawasaki 650/4, 1980ish Kawasaki 400, 1980 Suzuki 850, 1984 Yamaha Venture, 2001 Yamaha V-Star 650, 2003 or so Kawasaki Voyager ( whatever was the last year of that model version), 2004 Kawasaki Nomad 1500, 2007 Vulcan 2000 LT, 2008 Spyder SM, 2009 Spyder SE, 2010 Spyder RTS. Sorry, I got going and couldnt stop till I went all the way down the list. I have not owned a bike that I did not like.
    Ah, the X-6 Hustler. . . made Sportster riders cringe and left them in a cloud of smoke . . . and all those gears to stay on the power band . . . good stuff. Now that was the days of fouled spark plugs.
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnCat View Post
    Ah, the X-6 Hustler. . . made Sportster riders cringe and left them in a cloud of smoke . . . and all those gears to stay on the power band . . . good stuff. Now that was the days of fouled spark plugs.
    Amen, brother, amen! BTW, it always irritated me that an X-6 could dust off my Sportster.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Wow..... 40 years ago, this is where I started
    Deltek Rockhopper
    2010 RT-S, PE#0011 (Babyanlee's "Evil Twin" in Australia), Garmin Zumo 660

Extremely Happy 2nd Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Retro!

Quote Originally Posted by strats View Post
    Wow..... 40 years ago, this is where I started
    Deltek Rockhopper
    Hey, ape hanger handlebars are all the rage with the "wana be bad boys/girls of the Harley persuasion" . . . . I asked one of my fellow bikers about control issues with the handlebars up so high (ever notice that they look like little kids trying to reach for a cookie jar that is just out of reach?) His response was that they were safer because if you hit something, your arms will lock and you will 'fly over' the obstacle . . . I suppose it would be difficult to use the front brake . . . . the nice thing about us motorheads/motorcyclist/Spyder riders . . . you don't have to make sense. . .
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?

Spyder Garage

Default gs 1100 es

Quote Originally Posted by jake72000 View Post
    was a gs1100es suzuki
    Man, that was one of the finest looking motorcycles ever made . . . I loved it in red.
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783

Spyder Garage

Default Magna?

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Too new for me to understand. I am a fossil, you know.
    Is this the Magna that had the four exhaust pipes and the kind of retro side covers that made you think of Flash Gordon? I think it only lasted a year or so? What a collector that would be.
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default First motorcycle ride

For those of you who have ridden before, and those of you whose Spyder is your first motorcycle, what was the first motorcycle you owned (or rode) and when? My first ride was a step-trough Cushman around 1958. I was just custodian of it for the neighbor, however, so the first I owned was a $10 Whizzer I bought in 1962 when I was 14. Nancy's first ride was on a Honda CB160 about six or seven years ago. She has owned a 1968 Honda Trail 90 for about five years, but the Spyder was her first street ride...at the age of 54.

The first bike I ever rode was a 1950 Harley with a side shift and a suicide clutch. Then i got my drivers license and bought a brand new 1958 Sportster XLH. Wish I had that today.We tore down the motor in 1960 and put some goodies in it. Ran 125 in a quarter mile. Miss it today.

Spyder Garage

A used Honda 450 60's or 70's vintage which I had to ditch shortly there after on a dirt road. That put an end to motorcycles for me--but of course it didn't last--until I got a good deal on another one.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

Vaughn already posted his first motorcycle, but here's mine....

1976 500 Suzuki . . . ya can't imagine the miles I put on that bike!
    It was a 2 stroke and the vibration was incredible....
    but who cared? i had the wind in my face! (even if i could sit down!)

Cat

Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

1966 Honda 305 Dream...I'd love to still own this bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnCat View Post
    Is this the Magna that had the four exhaust pipes and the kind of retro side covers that made you think of Flash Gordon? I think it only lasted a year or so? What a collector that would be.
    Yep, that's the one, sitting in my garage. In 87 they had a 700 Vquad and in 88 I believe it went to a 750 and then no more. Still looking for a side cover. Ended up getting the drive shaft on ebay after looking for 4 months. At the time the trend was going vtwin. Don't understand why, maybe because it has 4 carbs and 4 pipes. Twins were cheaper to build.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My first street bike was a Honda Rebel 250. Loved that bike, it was small and a blast to ride. My first dirt bike was a little honda 50, I think I was 9 or 10 years old. Ahhh ... the memories.

Spyder Garage

Default first 2 wheeler

2007 suzuki sv 650 which I wrecked 1 week short of a year and bought the spyder a month later

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

what was the first motorcycle you owned (or rode) and when?
    First bike I rode was a mini bike when around 10 years-old. Then Brother bought a (I think 1976) Honda 400. Loved that bike as it was just the right size for me, but too tall for him, so he sold it. I drove a friends triumph a couple times. In 2006 I finally bought a Suzuki Boulevard 50, but after laying it down (broke 4 ribs, punctured my lung, and 4 days in hospital) my wife made me sell it. Next bike will be my Spyder (wife says it is okay with her) when I save up some more money.

Spyder Garage

Around 1976 at 7 or 8 my parents purchased me a Honda SL 70. Rode it in to the ground. Great memories.
    ISCI Billy

1-800-838-9421
    www.isciride.com

Spyder Garage

Mine was a Honda CB250 which had some work done to it before I purchased it. Spent two days looking at bikes and this WAS THE ONE. The guys used to call it The Beast, exhaust was a bit loud. That was maybe 1987

Spyder Garage

Honda 305 Dream, around the 70's.

John

Very happy 2009 SE-5 Spyder owner since March 2009. Over 39,000 trouble free miles!

Spyder Garage

Honda 450 was my first bike. I bought it used in 1970 when I was in the service,that's a 1970 Gremlin in the back ground. After that I got a new 450 Scrambler then a 350 Honda,400 Honda,750 Honda, 550 Yamaha and the last two wheeler was 1600 Kawasaki Meanstreak. Also two 250cc dirt bikes.
    Last edited by JPV; 08-06-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

My first was a Sears Allstate motor scooter bought in 1958 (I was 14).. a whopping 5 brake horsepower monster
    $Bill
    '10 Orbital Blue RT-S SE5
    '15 White/Black F3S SE6
    '13 Victory Cross Country Blacked Out - TRADED
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

USAF 1963-1987, US Fed Courts 1987-2010
    Retired 2010-?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool My first ride

was a cb150, about a '68, and then the 160 came out. I used to trade my car with them to 'Go Ride'
    My first purchased bike was a '70 cb350... and the next one just as soon as I could buy it was a cb750k, 1971.

Spyder Garage

Learned on an eliminator 250.
    Hopefully first bike will be a Spyder though!
    Casey

Spyder Garage

Default my 1st ride

My 1st. ride was in hi-school a 1953 f-head harley-davidson, we lived out on a ranch, 14 mi. in the gravel, SO that ole harley, rode me about as much as i rode it , any-how dad un-hooked the front brake, so i wouldn't panic, & kill myself use'n it in the gravel any-how here i be 55+ yrs later & still a ride'n

Spyder Garage

1979 Bultaco Dirt 100cc, no helmet, no pads or gloves and a 15 year old's belief system that assured me I was invincible. Luckily in the 2 years it lasted the only thing that was ever shattered or broken was the front fork.

I have much better senses these days and had since realized my mortality.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

My first ride was a Honda 450 in the early 60's. I later purchased a Honda 125 that I drove to work every day, rain or shine, from Baltimore suburbs to downtown Baltimore. Didn't go fast but got me into 2 wheelers Love my

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The Spyder is my first bike. I've always wanted a bike since my dad took me to get one when I was younger. We had to go back home in the middle of shopping. He told my mom where we were and that was the end of that!

Fastforward 25yrs...Saw a billboard of one last summer and thought, I have to get that. Took the Motorcycle Safety course the beginning of Sept and bought the Spyder this June. Really enjoying it.