Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I started off in the dirt... I had a Bridgestone that we wore out.. It had the darndest ransmisson I ever saw! You could shift into 4th (top gear), click it again and you were right back to first! I'd descruibe it as a rotary setup??
    First street bike... Kawasaki 250 triple Once you got it up on the pipes it could make things interesitng!
    Then an Aermacchi Harley 250 (enough said about that!)
    I finally got serious with an '82 Suzuki GS 450 TX
    Then my 1983 'Wing (What a bike!)
    an '89 Honda GB 500 (think British racing single...)
    an '89 Honda TransAlp 600
    a '79 Honda CM 400 (I guess I kind of backslid a bit!)
    2000 V-Rtar
    2002 V-Star Both of these were the "classics" nice easy rides too!
    A six-year hiatus while I threw mud in the air with a 660 Grizzly
    Then my 2010 RT A&C
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yamahammer 250 in 1970. I think Dick Mann edged out Gene Romero and Gary Nixon at the Daytona 200 that year.

Spyder Garage

CL350 honda. I was 16 thought I was big stuff. My mother rode bikes, an Indian when she was young. She rode my bike around the block and I can still see her shaking her head as she came around the corner. As she pulled up to me she said all you got here is a toy boy.

Spyder Garage

My first 2 wheel ride was a 1968 Honda Scrambler CL-350 purchased in 1972. Only kept it for a few months. It was top heavy and didn't do well on wet pavement with its knobby tires.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Default Ymahaaaa

A 1967ish Yamaha 80. great first bike for a student. This was in the days of the graduated M/C licensing system in Texas. In that time, you started out on a bike of 100cc or less and or 8 hp at 14. Car learner permit follow the next year and you could move up to something bigger, sooo onward to a Honda Trail 90 (still see them on Ebay) then a Hodaka 100 then ....

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tobor9 View Post
    Our 2011 RT-s is my wife & I first and only cycle, We bought it off the delevery trailer at our Can-Am dealer without ever riding one first!, We both love it and I wish i could afford to get me one also.
    to another new SC member.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

First bike ever ridden on dirt was a 125 Elsinore, which was just dirt colored! First bike ever ridden on the street was a 1976 Honda 550 Super Sport, Orange of all colors!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Scotty,
    Who could have guessed. My first motorcycle was a 1946 or 47 step thru Cushman box style scooter. I got it for my 9th birthday in 1955. What a fun ride. It was passed down to my two younger brothers. After they stopped riding it, my parents sold it to a neighbor for $50.00. I wish I still had it or at least be able to buy it back for the $50.00. Yea, like that would happen. Hey Scotty, is there one of these lurking around in your collection?

Spyder Garage

Wizzer on a Schwinn frame, Harley 45 (suicide clutch, side car box, a 2- wheeler with a reverse!), AJS-500, the usual Hondas, Bultacos, Hodaka, and I wish now I had kept all of them. The memories. A.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Had a dirt bike growing up, Honda Elisinore MR50R. Loved it, broke 3 front fenders on it. First street bike is a 2007 M109R. Wouldn't trade that thing away for nothing. Now we have the 9 and the wifes 2011 RTS. I do like the RTS, its just a little cramped for me being 6'2". My hip starts hurting after 50 miles. Wife loves it though. I guess thats a good way for me to stay off of her .

Spyder Garage

Default First Motorcycle

Previously loved 2010 Can Am Spyder RS-S SE5 purchased in 11/2010.
    Reese

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wink

100 CC kawasaki in1973 in Cal.when they were rationing gas!!! Sold it couple years later. Made too much of a target for the cagers!!! So got the RSE5 in 2009 then the RT-S se5 in 2010. Feel A LOT SAFER ON THE SPYDERS!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    Scotty,
    Who could have guessed. My first motorcycle was a 1946 or 47 step thru Cushman box style scooter. I got it for my 9th birthday in 1955. What a fun ride. It was passed down to my two younger brothers. After they stopped riding it, my parents sold it to a neighbor for $50.00. I wish I still had it or at least be able to buy it back for the $50.00. Yea, like that would happen. Hey Scotty, is there one of these lurking around in your collection?
    I never got hooked on those small-wheeled machines. Not skilled enough, I guess. Sorry, no Cushman...although I have considered it once or twice, for old times sake.

Are you sure we aren't long lost brothers? Both started on Cushmans and both have hotrod Effies. That can't be just coincidence.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Twin Jet

A 100cc Yamaha Twin Jet somewhere in the 60's, think I was 16. Great little bike to run with the honda S90's buddies had. Didn't take long for us to move up to bridgestone 175's (another great bike) then honda 350 (another great bike) then of coarse the Harley. History now, the Spyder has put me back on the road and lovin it.
    Last edited by redfox; 06-05-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My 1st was a 2008 V-Star custom, bought right after passing my BSC riders course..2nd was a 2009 Honda Rebel...Yup, learned the hard way big isn't always better,especially on gravel (ouch!)...Sold both and feel much more confident as a rider on my "Pearl" :O) Though love being a passenger on a MC....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    A 100cc Yamaha Twin Jet somewhere in the 60's, think I was 16. Great little bike to run with the honda S90's buddies had. Didn't take long for us to move up to bridgestone 175's (another great bike) then honda 350 (another great bike) then of coarse the Harley. History now, the Spyder has put me back on the road and lovin it.
    I built a drag bike once out of a Twin-Jet 100. Rail frame loosely based on an article in Cycle Guide where Bob Braverman built a twin-engined version. My goal was to run 100 mph with 100 cc, which I did, but I had to add some nitro to get there. Thanks for the memory.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I built a drag bike once out of a Twin-Jet 100. Rail frame loosely based on an article in Cycle Guide where Bob Braverman built a twin-engined version. My goal was to run 100 mph with 100 cc, which I did, but I had to add some nitro to get there. Thanks for the memory.
    The little twin Jet was some nice machine. Half the town took their road test on it because it was so easy to ride and you could stall it and use the electric start without the road test warden knowing ya screwed up.

Spyder Garage

Talking First motorcycle

My first ahd only two wheel motorcycle was a Simplex. Looked like full size motor cycle. It had a one cylinder tow stroke engine with a centrifigal (sp) clutch that powered a "v" belt to the rear wheel. Top speed maybe thirty. Owned it in 1958, do not remember exactly how I came to own it.

Got nabbed by the State Police Memorial Day weekend impeding traffic on the main highway, no permit. Was never allowed to ride it again. Turned 16 a couple of months later, but was grounded forever.

That was a sweet ride, big leather saddle seat and loads of fun on country roads.
    2009 GS SE5 Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yeochief View Post
    My first ahd only two wheel motorcycle was a Simplex. Looked like full size motor cycle. It had a one cylinder tow stroke engine with a centrifigal (sp) clutch that powered a "v" belt to the rear wheel. Top speed maybe thirty. Owned it in 1958, do not remember exactly how I came to own it.

Got nabbed by the State Police Memorial Day weekend impeding traffic on the main highway, no permit. Was never allowed to ride it again. Turned 16 a couple of months later, but was grounded forever.

That was a sweet ride, big leather saddle seat and loads of fun on country roads.
    Here's my Simplex.

Last edited by NancysToy; 06-08-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users Vegaspearlbaby's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My first motorcycle was a Triumph Daytona 955i - Sarah

Spyder Garage

Honda 50cc. When you see me, you'll get the idea WHY that is so funny. I used it from 1972-1974 in college.

Then (....+ a bunch of years.....) Spyder RT

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Wowzer. Now THAT is a first bike...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegaspearlbaby View Post
    My first motorcycle was a Triumph Daytona 955i - Sarah