Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

A version of mine was provided by one member of the Valk riding group ("hotglue" sometimes posts here) when I turned the Valk over in 1998 during a u-turn... broke my foot... way out in the boondocks. It was "atta boy"... similar to "way to go, dumba$$".

The bike, BTW, wouldn't restart (problem with the turn-over switch), and we had to wait about four hours in the 100+* Texas heat for a wrecker. The wrecker turned out to be Farmer John with his hay-coated trailer. Had to ride "b*&^%ch" back to town.

In any case, I morphed "ataBoy" over time to ataDude... rhymes with "attitude". It used to fit... I'm a mellow fellow now.

My Valk license plate reads "ATA"... "allergic to asphalt".
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I chose "trikester" because I had built two dual-sport trikes, with the double wheels in front, (one is in my avatar photo) before the Spyder appeared on the scene. I was about to design and build a highway only version (bigger, more power, etc) when I saw a pre-production article about the Spyder. I thought; "to hell with building a road trike, I'll buy one of those". About two years later (longer wait than I expected) I became the proud owner of one of the "Original Owner's Group" Spyders and I've never regretted not building a third trike. However, off road, I wouldn't trade either of my "homebuilts".

Somewhere, way back in this forum, there are some more detailed photos of my "Yamaha" trikes, if newer members want to see more, but don't ask me where they are.

Trikester
    Last edited by trikester; 12-15-2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: More info given

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well, Im a Paramedic by trade so MEDIC is short for that. MEDIC CAN shorten that up to Medican...........

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

My 2001 Screaming Eagle Road Glide was dubbed bye H-D as Roaddog in 2000 First year of Limited Production I purchased one second year hence Roaddog2
    Last edited by Roaddog2; 12-15-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Really fun thread Bumblebee!

I had a motorcycle accident this summer and had to use crutches for 4 months to get around. I'd tell everyone to go ahead of me cause it took me a while to gimp my way to where ever we'd be heading. Even though I'm walking on my own now, I still kinda gimp- and the name just stuck!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woodz428 View Post
    My name is Dave Wood, the nickname Woodsy got applied early on and I couldn't shake it. More people know me by Woodsy than my actual name. I specialize in 60s era Ford performance cars with a passion for 428CJ engines...hence woodz428
    Thats' funny- I'da thought you would be Woody, not Woodsy.
    My last name is Woods, I got called tree a lot because I am so tall, but for forums I use jgwoods for Joseph Gordon Woods. I prefer real names or close to.

Oh and I had a 428 Ford long ago- a 66 emerald green convertible - great car!

Spyder Garage

Default you'll never guess mine

Try as you might, you'll never guess how I got mine

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default me simple . . .

My name is Tom and I live in and ride New Mexico.

(it was almost Mot ni MN , since I am Dyslexic, but would be too confusing to others.)

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

I'm from Texas, last name is McNulty and B-Day is October 11th. Not too original, but by golly, I never forget it!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I fly helicopters for a living and there is a "max continuous" power setting on some models. Some of my employees started calling me Max Continuous since apparently I'm a work-a-holic. (Or maybe a slave driver!)
    Max

Spyder Garage

I got the demon part when I was young and rode a red Ducati that I laid three times. I played with the three wheels and that to get to the 3wheeldemon. Now, dislexic guys like Tom in NM think it is "3 wheeled mom" and that p..ses me off!

3WD
    Last edited by 3wheeldemon; 12-15-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo
    Today is a good day to ride!
    owner!

[x]- Gun rack
    [x]- Helmet-mounted fire extingusher and DPS deactivation hammer
    [x]- Large print (senior version) safety card

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I tried to create the handle SPYDERWOMAN because my license plate says that and everyone at the place I do bike business calls me that and where I work that is what they call me. Spyderwoman was already taken--go figure!

So I resorted to Terribull. Everyone called me Terri growing up and my maiden name was Page. Kids used to kid around and say hey Terra Page then it was just expanded to if I married Tom Fick I would be Terrifick, if I married Joe Tory I would be a Territory and so on.... I always liked the one...If I married Sitting Bull I would beTerriBull!!

So there........long drawn out story.....
    The Happy Spyderlover

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A couple years ago I joined a Ford truck forum and chose Bikeguy for a screen name because I thought I might be able to remember it. Since then I've used it on every forum I've joined for the same reason. I wish I was as creative as some of you are but I'm not. Just want something easy to remember.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

John G. , that's me (not very original I know)

In High School I got tagged 2Gunns ...after the song by Tommy 2Gunns. Maybe you guys know it: "Jenny I've got your number...867-5309"

it's actually Tommy Tutone...that's how I got tagged!
    Last edited by 2Gunns; 12-15-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Post ironman

i started with ironman because i have had my share of accidents and someone elses but keep on going and the movie was popular at the time then i thought why hide be yourself and so i use my real name. Roger

Roger

Spyder Garage

This thread turned out great and is a lot of fun to read.

Very interesting stories indeed.

Nothing wrong in being yourself
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    My name is Tom and I live in and ride New Mexico.

(it was almost Mot ni MN , since I am Dyslexic, but would be too confusing to others.)

Tom
    I laughed out loud! I have a brother, Tom, who spelled his name "Mot" when he was learning to write, and we still call him Mot!

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Spyder Garage

Default where my user name came from

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Spyder Garage

I have had this nick for YEARS and I can't remember that far back. It was meant to be sarcastic

Spyder Garage

When I purchased my Spyder, I was one of the first few that had one in Vermont. My dealer is the only dealer that sells spyders in Vermont as far as I know. I don't usually get a chance to take many rides too far from home, so I guess I consider myself a Vermont Spyder Rider ''vtrider"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I have had this nick for YEARS and I can't remember that far back. It was meant to be sarcastic
    So where does the "yellinacha" below your handle come from?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

mines simple ... Spyder 3 Ryder though i thought of changing it to my license plate ... Vynomus

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    So where does the "yellinacha" below your handle come from?
    LOL! I was yellin on a thread on here and something was mentioned about Yellinacha and then Lamonster stuck it in there

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A superhero cat that wears glasses ? ? ? ?

Spyder Garage

Well, If I told ya I'd have to shot you
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.