Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The Spyder is Nancy's, and so am I, hence NancysToy. Maybe I'll have to change back to "Scooter Scotty" as I have been known since the mid-sixties, after I my own Spyder RT-S is delivered.
    Hey Scotty,
    With all of the bikes you have parked on your garage, you should change your handle to "Collector".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BillGargan View Post
    I am just an old phart that is baffled -- and often disturbed -- by the anonymity that is bred by the web. Stop it and show your faces -- er names.
    No can do...witness protection you know.

Spyder Garage

My (then 4year old) daughter called me Daddy Longlegs. Then we got a spyder. Oh and at 6 and a half feet tall I have longlegs.
    Longlegs rides again.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

My last name is Orgera frist name bob. I spelled bob backward's to;

keep my anonymity.

Spyder Garage

My last name is Wolf, and of course WolfSpyder was already taken so I had to switch it around.

Cool thread idea.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Great thread...

I used to live in San Diego and did as much fishing as I could in Baja. I was always trying to get people to go with me.

People started calling me BajaRon and running it all together ribbing me about being some kind of guru on the subject.

You have to know what you're doing when you fish Baja or you can get yourself in a lot of trouble....Just ask Lamont about it!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I worked as a construction electrician, and had this name tagged on me about 40 yrs ago, while setting large switch gear into place, during construction of our local powerhouse. I was pushing on one side, while others were suppose to be pushing on the other, but were really watching me move the the gear by myself. (don't think I weighed 130 lbs soaking wet at the time.) Not much more than that now.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Great thread...

I used to live in San Diego and did as much fishing as I could in Baja. I was always trying to get people to go with me.

People started calling me BajaRon and running it all together ribbing me about being some kind of guru on the subject.

You have to know what you're doing when you fish Baja or you can get yourself in a lot of trouble....Just ask Lamont about it!
    I LOVE FISHING is the Baja fishing great?
    I've been to Costa Rica, Florida Keys, and Canada.
    Last edited by Motza; 12-15-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Well the Jim A - self explainatory - 1153 was my pin# for initiation into Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity at Purdue in 1982.

Spyder Garage

The Nauti part comes from my love of sailing, the Brit is my birthplace, Britain. A slightly different spelling, given to me by my wife, suits my alter-ego when I play football (soccer) and get overly aggressive, NaughtyBrit.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

I came up with my handle several years ago while living in Idaho. At the time, my wife and I owned a motorhome and we towed a trailer with two snowmobiles. I lettered the trailer with the name and later added TOYS 42 vanity plates on the motorhome.. No kids, just toys.

Spyder Garage

Got my nickname years ago...as I was a counselor at the hospital and a sponsor within my 12 step group (wearing 2 hats), one of my patients started calling me Obiwan as I was his mentor/instructor for him to get into sobriety. I, in turn called him LUKE.

Whereas I also had a grey beard, the name stuck
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

sethO, because i agree that people should have their real names up online but I am in the minority, before I got hurt I used my trailerrailer name on all forums but it works better i have found to have your name or part of your name in your tag, makes conversations more personal.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    When I purchased my Spyder, I was one of the first few that had one in Vermont. My dealer is the only dealer that sells spyders in Vermont as far as I know. I don't usually get a chance to take many rides too far from home, so I guess I consider myself a Vermont Spyder Rider ''vtrider"
    vtrider, After reading your post, I gotta ask you this question, since my 82 year old neighbor who lives in Illinois but, winters here at the beach asked me the same question, when I got my Spyder home.

How many people asked? Where did you have it converted at?

I said converted? He said yeah! I've had enough snowmobiles to know one when I see one. How did you come up with this idea? Well!!!

Spyder Garage

While serving in the Army, the majority of the people I encountered and worked with had a problem pronouncing "Gerspach" (go figger). My name was often shortened to "Sergeant G", or just "G-Man". The G-man stuck with me. The handle applies even more now that I am a government employee.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jgwoods View Post
    Thats' funny- I'da thought you would be Woody, not Woodsy.
    Oh and I had a 428 Ford long ago- a 66 emerald green convertible - great car!
    Both were used when I was younger, but during the 70s the "woodsy"(s) outnumbered the "woody"(s). I was living in a geodesic dome on a river at the time, and apparently some of the people that came out to check it out thought I was called Woodsy because I lived in the woods. I found that out when soneone asked me what my real name was. When I said "Dave Wood, why do you think they call me Woodsy", he replied "because you live in the woods", aaaahhh such a simpler time,LOL. or is that simpler mind??
    I used to really like hi rpm 4-speed small block Fords( has to be a Ford). Because of availabilty in the used market in 1972, I bought a 428 CJ Mustang with an automatic. My tastes changed instantly. I raced the car for many years and later drove it on the street until 1990 when I sold it to a Mustang restorer/show car guy. He bought it specificly because it was the Ford magazine test car that was circualted to many of the magazines. It's most prominent appearance was in the 1969 Car Life road test( still have the copy). I didn't know when I purchased it but found out sometime in the late 70s when I opened it up and realized it had been balanced and blueprinted. I understood why it was so damned quick out of the box. I still build and maintain several 428 cars of the era including a couple Shelby GT500s and a couple of 428 Mustangs ( '70 Mach I and a '69 GT). Oddly, I own 3 Mustangs currently, a '68 ragtop and 2) '70 Boss 302s....not a single big block....except in the Cobra roadster.
    Last edited by woodz428; 12-17-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

I retired a Master Sergeant from the Air Force and was a Navy Corpsman when I was in the Navy. The Marines used to call me DOC. A good friend always calls me MSGTDOC. Hence the handle.
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Spyder Garage

I work for ISCI (making floorboards) and my name is Billy. This one was a tough one to come up with.
    ISCI Billy

1-800-838-9421
    www.isciride.com

Spyder Garage

Default Cool Thread

Great idea for a thread. I have always had fun seeing if I can figure out why some peoples screen names are what they are. I find I am right about 90% of the time.

Mine's pretty simple. I was, am, and always will be a texan at heart. I didn't truly realize that until I joined the Air Force and lived other places. When I returned to TX, I could always tell when I crossed the border, even when flying. Thus, tx.

I enjoy medieval fiction and have always tried to live my life by the "Knights Code". Since My Lady and some close friends tell me I do a pretty good job of it, I settled on that.

And 67 is my birth year.

I am like some of the others, I use this screen name everywhere to avoid confusion.
    A VERY HAPPY RIDER!
    Even duct tape can't fix stupid - Cody Stell

'08 Yellow SM5, 2" BRP handlebar riser, Super Trapp exhaust, sport rack, seat back.
    Future wish list of updates, too numerous to list and too expensive to afford....and I just found Corbin.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    LOL! I was yellin on a thread on here and something was mentioned about Yellinacha and then Lamonster stuck it in there

Well it does go well together!!!

Although, I think I'd rather be..."smylinacha" than be..."YELLINACHA"

Spyder Garage

You can tell how uncreative I am... I'm a lady with a red spyder :-)
    Lovin' My Spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redspyderlady View Post
    You can tell how uncreative I am... I'm a lady with a red spyder :-)
    I think I am even less creative, how about first initial, second initial and first four letters of last name.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

ask my mom she gave it to me.
    09 Phanthom

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Name

My father was a huge Duke Snider fan and when my mother was giving birth to me, back in those days the men went to the bar not in the delivery room. He was listening to the Brooklyn Dodgers game and my Dad said if he hits a homerun at his next at bat and my wife gives birth to a boy, his name will be Duke. I guess you know the rest of the story. I got Dukester from work, because everyone calls me that. Oh yea, John Wayne (The Duke) is the true American.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very cool thread bumblebee.

I got my nickname 10 years or so from friends of mine. They said I reminded them of dday from animal house. Among my friends I was the only one riding at the time. The name dday has stuck ever since. I live in British Columbia, Canada, thus ddaybc.

So far I don't own a Spyder but am working towards getting an RTS in 2010.