Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

5 years ago I moved from the place I had lived for 32 years "to" a place I had always wanted to own. It sits on a hill overlooking Friends Creek, thus my handle "tofriendscreek." And yes, there are hills in Central IL. . Sort of.
    Last edited by tofriendscreek; 04-18-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

first 6 of my last name, first initial, middle initial,
    I had to sell my spyderstill love the Spyderlovers

Duane

Spyder Garage

I have always rode Ski-Doo snowmobiles and use the same forum name their[Dootalk].Came by it I guess from Nike's "Just Do It" motto,easy to remember.

Spyder Garage

Default whats in a name

I had the first spyder in oklahoma in early 2008. No dealers in the state had to buy it in texas who only had 2 dealers at that time.

Spyder Garage

Boriken for the Taino indian name of my place of birth, Puerto Rico "The Island of Enchantment".

Spyder Garage

Default what's in a name?

"IM" a "Spyderholic"..."RU"???

Spyder Garage

Ended up in court in the 60's for doing wheelies on main street Darlington, WI. Class mates thought it was funny when the judge called me a wheeler (duh) and fined me $20.00 plus $5 court costs. The name stuck and it's been my handle ever since.
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Registered Users SemperFiSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

SemperFiSpyder - Retired from the Marine Corps 3 years ago after 36 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    Ended up in court in the 60's for doing wheelies on main street Darlington, WI. Class mates thought it was funny when the judge called me a wheeler (duh) and fined me $20.00 plus $5 court costs. The name stuck and it's been my handle ever since.
    Huligan!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

My name is actually Orange Spydie Girl, my bike is Orange---Spyder--- and I'm a girl.

Spyder Garage

Default handle

we were VauhnCat since it was Vaughn (me) and Cathy . . . now she is Spyder Cat since we have two Spyders and now, two lap tops . . . . . my antique friends call me Vago (not to be confused with the outlaw bikers 'club' . . . . but a mangling of Vaughn into va-gon, then into vago which is something like vagrant or useless . . . . put on me by a good friends at the Honda/Kawasake/Triumph dealer I worked at in my youth. . . . now after almost 6 years of working at a collection agency, I'm called Vonage . . . by my friends at least . . . the people on the other ends tend to use slang expressions conotating body parts, etc. I'm sorry, what was the question? I've been talking on the phone all day, and I can't get my brain/mouth to shut up/down . . . where did that THC spider go . . . .. . . . .
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Default long time coming --------------capt jim

grew up on the water near galveston tx 78 years ago wanted a captains license ever since. at least 12 boats later and a lifetime of work and living all over the usa i formed a partnership with an aire to the lotto in florida and we formed a luxury charter service for vacationers on our 80' hatteras cockpit motor yacht. finally i got my capt. license now upgrated to a 100 ton masters. cruising the bahamas, exzumas, virgins for four years we sold the yacht and retired to deland fl. i can not give up the spyder or the title. love my capt jim

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BIG RED 1. NEED I SAY MORE.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Real name is Deborah... mines easy and simple minded like me
    SPYDEB

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bill, I have said the same thing various times and it just doesn't sink in. Talk behind a mask is cheap and not valuable. If one is ashamed of his own comments why should I have confidence in what is written anonymously. Some comments sound intellegent and logical but without the name of who wrote it it's with out value and shouldn't even be printed. Arthur Cohen---Mexico City

Quote Originally Posted by BillGargan View Post
    I am just an old phart that is baffled -- and often disturbed -- by the anonymity that is bred by the web. Stop it and show your faces -- er names.

Spyder Garage

Moved to Maine in 2000 and always teased my wife at the time about her heavy New England accent... she told me I could never be a true "MAINAH" taaa daaa!!

but please feel free to call me Scott when we meet in person!
    On going mods..
    Can-Am fog lights, foot peg ext., back rest, spoke wheels. Kewlmetal windshield trim, mirror ext., highway peg mounts. Heli bar riser. Tricfender lights. LED's in frunk and fender tips. Red Glowrider wheel lights. Modified tag light. Glowire "Spyder" on bumper. Hindle exhaust. Soft saddle bags. Brite Thread pin striping. Orginal yellow paint redone in gloss black. Crampbusters on both grips. Driving lights on fender mounts.

Spyder Garage

Default Handle

In 2002 I was a "reentering" rider after a long dry spell. The adage of teaching an old dog new tricks kind of fit, hence the name.

Spyder Garage

Boring it is the name of my company.

initials for the family

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

my name is gordon i just shortened it to gordy

Spyder Garage

Heck thouht I had replied to this thread already but I guess I had Old Timers Disease or something - BRAIN FART!!!

Lets see - I always name all my vehicles and needed a special one for the . I want to have the trunk lid painted or wrapped to resemble a cave with a tarnatula in strike pose coming out of a cave with FANGS exposed and venom dripping. Thus the name FANG.
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BillGargan View Post
    I am just an old phart that is baffled -- and often disturbed -- by the anonymity that is bred by the web. Stop it and show your faces -- er names.

Welllll..... that, and I have no imagination whatsoever!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Mr Safety

I own my Own construction safety management and training company. So I'm Mr Safety

Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the first motorcycle forum I belonged to I had the screen name ScreaminMeanie because my bike was a Kawi Mean Streak. Then I started riding Harleys and changed it to MsPotatoPotatoHead. I've had that so long that even though I don't ride Harleys anymore, I just can't change my screen name on the M/C forum!

Since that would make absolutely no sense here, I was going to be MsPPH, but it wouldn't let me take that, so I went back to being ScreaminMeanie.

Observation regarding the use of real names: I've had a stalker (ex-husband). I spent too many years "hiding" from him to want to publicly post my name anywhere! I also have known way too many people who were victims of identity theft. Just trying to make it as difficult as possible for those .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My dad passed on and i kept one of his cars. It's a 57 chev. conv. I wanted to put personal plates on it. The first choice was DADS 57 but that was taken. So i went with POPS 57. The first fourm i ever joined was Chevy Talk and i went with the plate name and now i use it everywere.

Spyder Garage

Default Rise of the Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer, from the Fantastic4 comics, was my favorite comic book hero all through my pre-teen and teen years. I just connect with him. He broods about being the herald of the evil cosmic entity Galactus, which in turn for sparing Surfer's home world, dispatches him to find other worlds for Galactus to consume. Galactus creates a surf-board like craft for Surfer to roam the universe at greater-than-light speed to do his bidding. Surfer is complex, quiet and introspective with a soul for good, but could destroy the earth with a single thought. His honor and integrity define him, and exposed to humanity, he can't bring himself to inflict evil and heroically rebels against the Galactus entity. As punishment for his disobedience, Galactus exiles Surfer to Earth, where he surfs alone, but always shows up in the nick of time to battle Doctor Doom and Mephisto alongside the Fantastic Four. In a 2010 episode Surfer, now 56, replaces his board craft with a Can Am Spyder RT-S because it's sexier than a Hoveround.

And on a lighter note ...

SilverSurfer was my CB Handle back in the 70s. Spyderlovers was a great place to resurrect it.
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 04-21-2011 at 11:51 AM.