Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

So much CHROME that it shines like a blue star.F4 Windshield.jpg
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default I have had this handle for 58 years (give or take)

When I was stationed in Berlin back in 1962 there was 3 of us with motorcycles. One had a Beemer (nice machine), another had a Vincent Black Shadow (THAT WAS A BEAST), I had a 500CC BSA. We rode around with some German riders. One of the Germans somehow took my last name of Secord and translated it into seaweed. I liked it, so I put that name on the Shark Fin of the BSA (yes British machines had those on the front fender).

When I joined Spyderlovers I used that as a handle. I still like it!!!!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

My initials are TEC and I use to build PC's for my friends back in the day. They called me TEC as a joke and it stuck. The 35 was my basketball number back in school days and became a family number. My cousin and nephew had the same number for bball and my uncle (my cousins father that played bball)changed his number on his racing car to 35.
    2017 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

It's simple for me. My name is Vladislav.
    We are Russians, God be with us!

Spyder Garage

My name is Bob and I am a Registered Nurse.
    No name for my 2016 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

BIG F here.. and yes, I get a lot of "other" versions of the F...
    actually, it all started many years ago when I pitched batting practice to my sons little league team. being a former pitcher myself, I probably threw too hard/fast for their ages and they started yelling at me: hey Big F, don't throw so hard.. the F is the first initial of my last name. the BIG F just stuck and here it is 60+ years later and some of those same kids still call me the BIG F.. and I'm not big in size - just 5'10" and 200#..
    that's my story and I'm sticking to it... ride safe...

Spyder Garage

My nickname through school years was "sox". My wife and some close friends call me "TJ". So I combined the two.
    2012 RT-S and 2013 STL

Spyder Garage

Naturally with my sense of Humor I've been Banned from a Few Forums. One of the Harley Chrome Spark Plug Forums banned me for life because of my User Name... And Hell, I never posted anything. And the User Name Was, "SNOTROCKET". I thought it was Funny! Then I got banned over the word "TRANNY" on another Forum. I have Never Owned Anything With a Tranny or that Had A Tranny In It. So I'll bite my Tongue and Keep Moving Here...

Back in the day (1970-1980) one of my Pals owned a "Foreign" Bike Shop. As soon as something New and Fast hit the floor he'd ask me to come ride it. "Yea, if fell Flat at 143 mph and started missing". (Sometimes it didn't but I'd send them on a Goose Chase just because!)

I'll skip posting the C6's and C7 Corvetts. I drive the 427 Cobra frequently. In 2019 I drove one Corvette 1,000 miles and the Cobra 3,000 miles. I've built 3 of these cars (FFR's). Street Raced the Hell out of the First one and Never Got Out Ran in 7 years. This one is Not as Fast but I have a SuperCharger ready. (There's a 2018 HD SG and a 1957 Panhead behind the Cobra.)

20200323_182057.jpg

Spyder Garage

I live in Rapid City and ride a Spyder. Too easy...
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Complete lack of imagination here. Yeah, it's my name.

Tried just using "Steve", but it was taken. After adding the initial for my last name, I found out that "Stevew" is taken.
    I have also seen a post or three from "NotSteve", which makes it even more fun.

Signed up last year, after my sister got a '14 RT-L. Since she uses me for tech support at times, I figured I should read up on them to see what is going on. Then her husband got a '14 RT-L, too. My wife has been riding a classic Suzuki for about 15 years and has said that when she started feeling unsure on two wheels, she could be talked into a Spyder. Fast forward a bit, a few months ago, I saw a '17 RT-S in the For Sale section here that looked 'right'. We visited, inspected, test rode, then made arrangements for purchase. It's home now, awaiting the farkeling sessions.

Spyder Garage

My last name is Pabst, which is always followed by Blue Ribbon
    That's all folks !
    2014 RT-S , This will be the first thing I do for it. Yellow

Spyder Garage

Picked up the handle over 35years ago. Spent the last 30 or so behind a mic announcing Radio Control and a number of Hooters cup car races. Fun times. Have friends all over the world.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Used to ride a Yamaha GTS1000A that was nicknamed "Ryu" (Dragon) by its previous owner. One fantastic and very unusual bike! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_GTS1000
    Brought the bike from the US to Canada a long time back, hence the "1867" date got added.
    Sold the Yamaha about two years ago...sad day! But kept the handle.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2021 at 05:06 PM.
    Michael G
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Spyder Garage

Well I've been called a lot of names in my lifetime, some good and others not so good. As far as my current name of Ex-Rocket. I had a Triumph Rocket before I had the fixation with Spyders as I have own 3 Spyders in just over 7 years. So I'm an Ex-Rocket owner hence the name Ex-Rocket.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I dunno, iri den ow looks pretty obscure to me?!?

Sorry, but I just hadta!! I couldn't resist....

Not really sure mine needs an explanation tho?!
    You know, before I made my post, I started to break it up like that and come up with a really long explanation. Then I yawned and went to bed.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Spyder Garage

First half my last name. Which my buddies shortened 35 years ago.
    30 years Over the road truck driver. Now the better half wants to do all the provinces on the Spyder. Maybe when it grows up to a Newer one.
    Copied from a post in Mean People.
    When told "that ain't a motorcycle," I reply, "You're right - it's actually a snowmobile and I ordered the optional tires so I can ride it year round." Shuts 'em up every time!

2012 RSS-SE5
    Avon HD Grips.
    K&N oil transmission and Air filters
    Ultimate Seat With both backrests .Black with Ostrich Red Stripe
    2012 RS S SE5 , Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

Default What's the origin/meaning of your forum username?

There are some obvious and some obscure usernames on the forum. Care to explain yours?

I picked ButterSmooth decades ago and use it on every forum I visit. That first forum was a Smith & Wesson board and my interest at the time was shooting wheel guns in competition. Many hours were put in smoothing and lightning the double action of S&W revolvers, where the goal was to make the action 'Butter Smooth'.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Greven means The Count in Swedish. I have Oak trees on my lawn with a metal plate with the royal sigil on them, back in 1400-1500 the king decided the Oaks in the area should be protected in order to secure Oak wood for the royal Swedish navy. When I moved here my family saw the sigils and started joking about my noble herritage, and thus the nick name of Greven was born

Spyder Garage

No idea.
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was an LEO and joined the Blue Knight's motorcycle club after I became a cop ...... this was in NYC where that group originally was created ... I moved to Vermont in 76 and there was no chapter there and I lost touch ..... So that's where the " BLUEKNIGHT " comes from, the " 911 " is because I will never forget what happened that day ...... many 's to all who lost their lives that day and to their Families ..... Never Forget ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I live in Arkansas and I like to travel by Spyder.

When I lived in Alaska, I was akspyderman.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Two of my 18 motorcycles were Harley-Davidson Sportsters. I participated on Sportster.org from 2003 to 2012 and on the XLForum from 2012 through 2020.

In addition to "doctoring" sportsters, Doc is my nickname
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Mine goes back to snowmobiling days years ago, and the ability to be find good snow for the group to run on. Arrived here to find the someone else had Snoking here, so the 1127 got tagged on the end. The 1127 was the last four of my home office phone number, as I work from home for EDS on BofA's data network when the bank out sourced their network and 1,150 of us to EDS. When someone says they have this really good deal for you in a out sourcing contract, DO NOT believe them!

I think the SnoKing guy fell out of his Western Saddle, as his last post was back in 2017.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Mine is simple...Im named after the jazz musician Kenny G so everyone in from middle school to college calls me kenny gee...so it just stuck...hahaha

Spyder Garage

No imagination - 1st & start of Swedish last name. Easy to remember.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White