Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heli-bar ????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    Great, I'll keep checking for it! I have been curious to see what it looks like and all. Thank you very much! I plan on doing the power outlet thing and I'm not sure about the ram ball panel, but is that to hold a GPS or something??
    I've got two ram balls already mounted to my CHAD brackets and will also be installing two more powerlets in the dash as many have done.

THe two in the dash will be switched outlets via the PC-8 bus, and the powerlet in the risers is going to be unswitched. I'll probably use that mostly for my battery tender.

Now, I keep my GPS on the ball up near the CHAD... Beats looking down at a GPS and keeps it in my field of view. The Riser outlet can be for anything else I need.... I'm looking at an XM weather proof radio currently. Between 3 Ram balls and 3 powerlets, I should be able to have pretty much anything I need up front for nav, Comm, and entertainment.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default Heli

I ordered my Heli without sitting on anything except the stock configuration. My wife is about 5'2" and I am 5'11". I felt the Heli bar would give the best position that was more rearward rather than up. I am pleased with it and I really like the custom look of the GPS mount. I ordered the power outlet and RAM mount for the Garmin 550. The Heli is a top quality mount and the steering locks with the key as it does in the stock position.

As others have said, there no connection between the DPS and any riser. With the Heli, BRP comfort seat and Spyder City floorboards, it is very comfortable for either of us to ride.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder City Floorboards

What do the spyder city floorboards look like? Do you have to do any cutting to install them?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What do the spyder city floorboards look like? Do you have to do any cutting to install them?
    Amanda, Spyder City is a site sponsor and their ad is on the cover page. They are located just outside of Ft. Wayne.
    Dick
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    I also am running with just the BRP 1" riser and have been very happy and comfortable with the riding position. It definitely keeps that sporty feel on the Spyder. My wife's Spyder has the 1" riser and the ESI 3" extensions, and I do not really care for the riding position on hers that much either. I feel a little off balance when I am sitting upright like that for some reason. I am sure I could get used to it over time, but since I am happy with my setup I am going to leave it that way.
    With the stock windscreen on, I have tried moving forward on the seat and sitting up more and don't like the way it feels. Not sure I would like the way it feels even with a higher windscreen. Like you said, just feels like I'm too far above the bike, unstable.
    A VERY HAPPY RIDER!
    Even duct tape can't fix stupid - Cody Stell

'08 Yellow SM5, 2" BRP handlebar riser, Super Trapp exhaust, sport rack, seat back.
    Future wish list of updates, too numerous to list and too expensive to afford....and I just found Corbin.

Spyder Garage

They are a bolt-on installation with one hole drilled for each side.. The lower panel is cut to make room for your feet but Spyder City sells the panels already cut so you can keep your original panels to return to stock. While they are not shiny and glamorous, they are very functional and comfortable especially after installation of the handlebar risers which makes the stock pegs uncomfortable, IMH.

Here is a link to the site: http://rtsales.org/eshopprod_cat_486...FOOT_BOARD.htm

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vwatso View Post
    I went with the Kewl bars and center console. Glad I made the choice. I know when I attend events everyone always ask. Where did you get the console and the bars sit back perfect. I have a couple of different enlays Matt at Kewl made for me. He also Powder coated a set of ISO grips. You can't beat it. On the long rides I hear a lot of folks complain about arm and hand cramps. Not me!!!! Also have the Kewl cup holder, ipod and gps mounts.

Vwatso

Hi
    I also am interested in making a change to my , is there some way you could put a photo or two on this sight? I would like to see your setup with the cup holder and all the goodies I just can't picture the setup. I have seen the ones that you need to cut and they look great but I am not sure that's the way I want to go. I sure am glade I looked here on Spyder Lovers. Thank you for any thing you can do to help me out I really don't want to make a mistake.

Thank you again
    Chuck