Thread: Corbin seats

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seats

My dealer called and our corbin seats have arrived. We're getting them installed tomorrow I was wondering how people like them?
    Last edited by skypup; 12-11-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

We only have about 2500 miles on ours & we both really like them. 100% more comfy than the stock seat. I have also read it takes a long time to break in a Corbin saddle.
    Good luck & enjoy.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

We love our Corbin seats. My inner thighs don't fall asleep anymore and my tailbone doesn't hurt. We've had ours since July 2008.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default seat

The Corbin is almost as good an addition as the sway bar.

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seat for RT

Sure hope there will be someone with a seat for the RT that allows a little more leg room for us taller folks. I'm 6-5 with a 36" inseam and after my test ride, the seat position was my only complaint. Didn't cause me to cancel my order for the RT though.

Spyder Garage

drivers seat had to modify ...passenger seat sent back to corbin .... still not good .... ended up buying girlfriend her own spyder....
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like the seat........but I still question why I can ride my 1954 Ford tractor with a metal seat for hours and not ride the bike for hours?

My wife slid around on the back seat -- a pc. of that plastic shelf liner (non-slide stuff) found at Wal*Mart cured that problem. Store in trunk when not needed.

Looking forward to test riding the 2010 models ... need warmer weather

don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Really like my Corbin seat but I do find myself sliding forward during breaking and decel as others have noted. I think this only happens if you alter your riding position with handlebar risers. I will be doing the same modification that Lamonster detailed in another thread.

Spyder Garage

Default sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by eureka View Post
    The Corbin is almost as good an addition as the sway bar.
    What does the sway bar do? My bike feels fine stock.

Spyder Garage

Was lucky enough to win a Corbin seat. It looks great and sits fine. I personally would not have spent the money on it as neither my wife or I were unhappy with the stock seat.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by skypup View Post
    My dealer called and our corbin seats have arrived. We're getting them installed tomorrow I was wondering how people like them?
    I've had my Corbin seat for about 6,000 miles and after breaking it in I really enjoy it. My wife likes the passenger seat better than the stock. I think she likes the backrest more but it's wider and more comfortable. The Corbin seats and the ISCI floorboards are perfect for me. I have a 35" inseam and my leg position is great for long rides.

Hope you enjoy it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by skypup View Post
    What does the sway bar do? My bike feels fine stock.
    Keeps the spyder from rolling over as much in the turns, a must have mod.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Keeps the spyder from rolling over as much in the turns, a must have mod.
    I just slide off the seat a little to the inside of the turn like the knee draggers do. Keeps everything nice and planted.

I was wondering about that mod as well, just hadn't asked.
    A VERY HAPPY RIDER!
    Even duct tape can't fix stupid - Cody Stell

'08 Yellow SM5, 2" BRP handlebar riser, Super Trapp exhaust, sport rack, seat back.
    Future wish list of updates, too numerous to list and too expensive to afford....and I just found Corbin.

Spyder Garage

It took about 1,000 miles to break in my Corbin. It's worth every mile. Also, let me get in a plug for the Evoluzione sway bar. It is a "gotsta have" addition.

Tripod

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not to hijack the thread, but there has been a coupke exchanges regarding sway bar. Our Spyder was delivered yesterday used with a lot of add ons. There is a stabilizer bar on it, but wasn't mentioned by the previous owner as a modification. Was it standard on some models and not on others??
    Although I only have about 25 miles on it, I like the Corbin. But then Corbin has been a long standing seat manufacturer with a good reputation. Whatever happened to Hang 2 seats?? They used to be make some pretty nice saddles and we sold tons of them over the years, don't hear the name anymore.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woodz428 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but there has been a coupke exchanges regarding sway bar. Our Spyder was delivered yesterday used with a lot of add ons. There is a stabilizer bar on it, but wasn't mentioned by the previous owner as a modification. Was it standard on some models and not on others??
    Although I only have about 25 miles on it, I like the Corbin. But then Corbin has been a long standing seat manufacturer with a good reputation. Whatever happened to Hang 2 seats?? They used to be make some pretty nice saddles and we sold tons of them over the years, don't hear the name anymore.
    All Spyders come with a stock swaybar. The most common aftermarket sway bar, in fact, the only one I know of, is the one from Ken at Evoluzione Motorsports. It tames a lot of the inherent body roll without stiffening the ride.

Tripod

Spyder Garage

be patient... it will take many miles to really break-in that Corbin.
    1k-3k miles is pretty real... It's value should actually rise as it breaks-in.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nickcaro View Post
    be patient... it will take many miles to really break-in that Corbin.
    1k-3k miles is pretty real... It's value should actually rise as it breaks-in.
    BTW; I'll be selling mine sometime in 2010 and it may have as much as 100k miles.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nickcaro View Post
    BTW; I'll be selling mine sometime in 2010 and it may have as much as 100k miles.
    Hey Nick, selling your Spyder in 2010 is a RT in your future?

Spyder Garage

I have been putting Corbin seats on every new bike I get for some time now. I must have purchased 15 or 16 Corbin seats. With the first seat it took about 2,000 miles to break-in my butt. After the initial break-in period it was wonderful.

Spyder Garage

Absolutely love all my Corbin mods!

Spyder Garage

I've put a Corbin seat on every bike I've owned since the late 80's - loved every one... bought my Spyder's seat used - broken in by someone else..

Did I say mine were heated???

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

According to corbin - it takes 2000 miles to brake in the seat.
    I have about 600 on mine and it is already very comfortable much more so than the stock seat. I think you will like it.

Mike

Spyder Garage

I have never owned a Corbin seat that wasn't akin to a brick tied to my butt. They do not seem to work well when you have no natural padding of your own. Everybody's caboose is different, and every seat feels different to each of us...stock, BRP comfort seat, Corbin, Russell, or others. If you can, ask to sit on somebody else's acessory before you buy. Try a few, if you can. Talk to someone with a similar build and weight for advice, too. At very least I recommend you ride a few weeks on the stock seat, including at least a couple of longer trips (two tanks of gas or more at a stretch) before you decide to buy something else.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just had my Corbin seats installed yesterday by my wonderful dealer. I had my Corbin seats ordered back in August, but it took till December 9th. to arrive at the dealer. On that day the temperature was 12 degrees where I live and below zero if you count the wind chill. There was no way I was going to drive 60 miles each way to have them installed. My good dealer Ray C's extreme sports of Lapeer Michigan sent their toy hauler to my house to pick up my beloved Spyder and install the seats free of charge. They also installed my battery tende pigtail directly to the battery. My bike was delivered back the next day (yesterday) , with my new beautiful and perfect Corbin saddels and a back rest with a yellow glove box. I was so excited to try them out today as the temperature was about 27 this morning. Took my spyder for a short ryde around neighbrhood and it already feels like night and day. I feel fully contained and more safe and in control on my bike now espically with the backrest. It is going to be a pleasure. Unfortunately I am going to have to wait till spring to really enjoy my new Corbins.