Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Windshield removal??

Has anyone removed the windshield on thier RTS yet?
    I have the manual and followed the instructions, but the chrome strips dont want to come off. It may be that I need to pull harder, but figured I would check with the guru's first. Thanks, Dave

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

undo the chrome strips from the back of the windshield, it may take a bit of force to get the strips off but the pull forward from the top and then slide down to release the bottom. then its just the four torx bolts and your done.

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

So Dave, what are you up to? I think I'd like a tinted shield, had them on my Harleys. I'm just waiting for someone to offer it. I always look over my shields.

Dwight

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    So Dave, what are you up to? I think I'd like a tinted shield, had them on my Harleys. I'm just waiting for someone to offer it. I always look over my shields.

Dwight
    Having my local tint shop tint the windshield. They do boats and it seems to hold up well. I will take it down tomorrow so they can look at it.

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

Cool, let me know how it comes out. Never thought of just having it tinted. I bought replacement tinted shields for my Harleys for $40 plus shipping. They were as good as or better than the stock ones and cost way less!

Dwight