Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    I cant wait to get a kit to match my bike. Turbo's are a blast to ride and I just love the sound of the BOV going off. It will fit in nice beside the bike..LOL
    How about a Spyder with a Busa motor that you could turbo.
    Spyabusa

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asmdjackal View Post
    Regarding the compression, the actually CC'd compression of the Spyder motor is around 9:1. Hence the ability to run 87 octane in it. Ken at Evoluzione also offers a new piston to make the compression 11:1 so you can run premium fuel and get the extra horsepower that you are missing.

In the Aerocharger turbo testing the 998 has been VERY strong, very reliable and easily able to handle the 5-6PSI of boost with pump gas and throwing NO ECU ERROR CODES!!!!!!!! The key is in proper fuel management and each Aerocharger turbo kit will feature their AeroCommander piggy back (similar to the 2 brothers juice box) to keep your motor safe and running.

On getting rid of the traction control.. if a guy wanted.. and I am just saying.. you can move your rear wheel sensors to the front wheels... speedo will still work, stability will still work... TCS just wont...

Plus if your putting a better clutch (I responded to your other comment) and a drag radial on your spyder and your turbo (you will want one, its wicked fast!!!!) you should be good to go!

One comment though - on the Aerocharger kit, the clutch and drag radial are NOT required. I am just doing them for a bit of more fun... But the Spyder is completely reliable and driveable with their turbo kit with a stock clutch and rear tire.
    How much extra HP are we talking about?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smokster View Post
    How much extra HP are we talking about?
    For a product that is supposed to be out in January??? You would think they'd have some raw data already. That would certainly drum up more interest versus speculation with the targeted customer base.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    How about a Spyder with a Busa motor that you could turbo.
    Spyabusa
    Now you're talking. That would be one wicked ride, with no nanny to take the fun away

Spyder Garage

Now you're talking. That would be one wicked ride, with no nanny to take the fun away
    I just looked at a 2005 with 230 rwhp for 10K. Next time you get a tape out maybe you can pull some measurements for me to see if it will fit. I'm pretty sure it will.

Spyder Garage

I already know a guy that has done this. GSXR 750 in a spyder.. Custom swing-arm for 400 series tire, chain drive/jack shaft...

He was a little upset to find out about the Turbo coming to market for the spyder, might not have done all that to his spyder if he had known earlier.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asmdjackal View Post
    I already know a guy that has done this. GSXR 750 in a spyder.. Custom swing-arm for 400 series tire, chain drive/jack shaft...

He was a little upset to find out about the Turbo coming to market for the spyder, might not have done all that to his spyder if he had known earlier.
    Sounds like he used the wrong motor to start with, 1300 with 180hp stock is a much better platform unless he just had a 750 not doing nothing.

I'm pretty excited about doing a Busa in a Spyder. You can put 230hp to the rear wheel on pump gas pretty easy on that motor and there is tons of aftermarket for this setup.

Spyder Garage

I am following this on two forums, because I am on the fence as far as turbo or N/A. Ken is getting 147 hp N/A with overbore, pistons, and headwork, if I am not mistaken. Of course, the motor has to come apart.

Spyder Garage

I am not sure about bikes but I have turbocharged and supercharged two trucks and it did not void the warranties.
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2333 View Post
    I am following this on two forums, because I am on the fence as far as turbo or N/A. Ken is getting 147 hp N/A with overbore, pistons, and headwork, if I am not mistaken. Of course, the motor has to come apart.
    Whats that operation cost a guy? Does the exhaust, intake, fuel controller, etc all come with it or does it cost extra? Also, 147HP is one thing, but what happens to the torque and where is it usable?

The turbo kit will take 2 or 3 hours to install. Its pretty straight forward. I bet its cheaper too. Instant torque and HP, no lag, no needing to wing it to 10,000 RPM to make power either.