Spyder Garage

Default Best vs Revolos Extended Warranty?

Does anyone have any experience with Revolos for an extended warranty? Has anyone heard of them or known someone to use them? Dealership offers both as an option so I'm trying to decide which one to use. I know BEST is BRP but Revolos offers longer terms...

Spyder Garage

Check the BBB for some info on Revolos.
    Hopefully you won't need either but myself I went with the Best from BRP.

Not sure what your dealer quoted you but it can be purchased for around $700.
    Call Thomas Palmer at iMotorsports if your dealer wants more than that.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Check the BBB for some info on Revolos.
    Hopefully you won't need either but myself I went with the Best from BRP.

Not sure what your dealer quoted you but it can be purchased for around $700.
    Call Thomas Palmer at iMotorsports if your dealer wants more than that.
    Let me add ... the BEST warranty can be bought from ANY dealer and be used at ANY dealership .... $ 700.00 is about the best price around now ..... I've never heard of Revolos .... If you decide the Revolos is OK .....READ ALL THE FINE PRINT .... good luck ....Mike

Spyder Garage

Google the company and see why you don’t want their warranty

Spyder Garage

Yes, I have looked at BBB. I am not sure it tells me a lot though. People that report on a company are only ones that are not happy with them. Not sure it gives an accurate picture as I do not know how many have been satisfied with their product...

Spyder Garage

If they were a great company then there would a lot of positive feedback to go along with the negative ones. So I would beware of them. MY 2 cents.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Along with BBB look at their ratings on Trustpilot.com (1.6 out of 5).
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

$671 for 3 years of BRP Best for Spyders from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
    IMOTORSPORTS is a SPYDERLOVERS sponsor and you are a member, Tell them that.

correct fred that was the price for Rykers
    T.P.
    Last edited by T.P.; 04-16-2024 at 05:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    $621 for 3 years of BRP Best for Spyders from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
    IMOTORSPORTS is a SPYDERLOVERS sponsor and you are a member, Tell them that.
    T.P.
    Don't you mean $671.00 for 3 years? That's what everyone here has paid - including me.........
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2024 at 06:17 PM.
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Unless your dealer will guarantee the revolos warranty for the full term and IN WRITING accept the terms of co-pay for the full length of the contract, regardless of if the vendor ceases operation, then you would be in much better shape calling Thomas and purchasing the BRP warranty. BRP is not going anywhere and while it sometimes might be difficult to get things done, your extended warranty will be valid until the last day of the contract.
    I bought a F3T from them in February, added the warranty & put one on my 22 RTL as well, $671.00 is what I paid for each.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2024 at 07:00 PM. Reason: warrantee = “the person to whom a warranty is made.”; warranty = 'a guarantee for repair or replacement' ;-)
    2022 RTL , Silver

Spyder Garage

After reading through this thread again, I dug out the paperwork for my Spyder.

None of my paperwork has the name Revolos on it!

I did pay extra for a "Platinum Pit Pass Agreement", that has a lot of information starting with "Per the manufacturer factory scheduled maintenance time/mileage intervals..." and specifically lists "engine oi, oil filter, spark plugs, air/gas filters, differential fluid, etc" including all inspections for 36 months. While having all the maintenance costs covered is nice, the main reason I agreed to pay for it was the priority scheduling of the service. The dealer does not accept service appointments, so you have to bring your bike to their shop and leave it with them until they can get to it. The agreement stipulates that my bike will get "priority scheduling" for all services, which was described as moving to the top of the waiting list when I drop off the bike for service.

I also paid extra for 36 months of tire and wheel protection, which covers repair or replacement of a damaged wheel or tire, and includes towing reimbursement.

And I also paid for 36 months of comprehensive service coverage, which from the list of covered items is comparable to a "bumper to bumper" warranty for a vehicle.

Yeah, and there is a downside. Of course there's a downside.

The downside is I have to take it to one of the locations of the business I bought it from, the most convenient of which is where I bought it, which is about 80 miles from where I live. Which is why I also bought a Stinger trailer for a Can-Am Spyder. I'm still waiting for the trailer to be delivered, as there are no licensed Stinger dealers in Tennessee.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just do not forget, dealer sold warranties are the highest percentage wise dealer profit centers. A manufacturer's warranty has just as high a profit for the dealer. Shop around for the most acceptable price to you. The Best warranty from BRP is the best warranty for the Can Am Spyder's and can be used at any official Spyder/Ryker dealership. The Best warranty can be purchased from any official Spyder dealer. Imotorsports is one of the dealers that has an excellent price for the Best Warranty.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-17-2024 at 08:46 PM.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Bought from Thomas 1 week ago. $671 as long as you are a member of this board. fast and almost painless
    2021 RTL
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

If your Spyder is eligible for the BEST warranty, then I cannot understand why you would look at anything else?? The BEST is just what its name says, The BEST Warranty! It is honored at any dealership and can be transferred to any buyer if you decide to sell your ride, a great selling feature.

I would only consider an aftermarket warranty if I wasn't eligible to get the BEST warranty. When I bought my 2012 in 2015, since the factory warranty had expired, I wasn't eligible for the BEST warranty, so I bought one from Zurich, and while it was much more expensive than the BEST, it ended up paying for itself. Another point, the BEST warranty can be bought at any time before the factory warranty expires. Go with the BEST; and get it from iMotorsports if your dealer won't match the price!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-18-2024 at 01:14 AM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Revolos offers better coverage of repairs than BEST. BEST is more universally accepted. If you live local to the dealership you purchased from and plan to have your service work performed by them you should be fine. If you travel greater distances for service or pleasure you might be out of luck. BRP Dealers Service Department Managers aren’t very flexible in making a phone call for repair reimbursement. They can be down right rude about it.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

That was very helpful Woodenfish. I live close to 3 dealerships actually. I have read some reviews about Revolos finding ways to get out of paying. Not sure, but that sounds just about like all warranty companies. I can't really find many reviews for BEST. Revolos has longer terms and I like that.

Spyder Garage

What good is better coverage of repairs if the servicing dealer is unwilling to work with Revolo's ? Have you inquired with your area Spyder service centers to see if they work with Revolo's ? What about if you travel? I'd rather have the BRP B.E.S.T. warranty, especially if service managers are unwilling to help. A call to BRP would be easier to resolve when using their own policy. Just my .02

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Krdcm View Post
    That was very helpful Woodenfish. I live close to 3 dealerships actually. I have read some reviews about Revolos finding ways to get out of paying. Not sure, but that sounds just about like all warranty companies. I can't really find many reviews for BEST. Revolos has longer terms and I like that.
    Most of the revues for BEST are hidden in the pages of the site. If you do decide to go with BEST, make sure you check out the price. The price varies from $1500 down to $700. The price is a "add on" supplied by the dealer and the price you will be quoted depends on the "greed" of the dealer. iMoto is one dealer you can purchase from for $700. BEST is honored by ALL authorized Spyder dealers and most that have had to actually use the warranty are pleased with the results. There have been very FEW that have complained about BEST warranty service.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

As an aside, when I purchased my Spyder, BRP was offering one year extra factory warranty. So, I got 3 years of factory warranty when I purchased my Spyder. If and when I decide to add the BEST warranty, I will only get an additional two years for the $671 from iMoto. You can only get 5 years total warranty from BRP. Kind of blows but that is the way it is.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    As an aside, when I purchased my Spyder, BRP was offering one year extra factory warranty. So, I got 3 years of factory warranty when I purchased my Spyder. If and when I decide to add the BEST warranty, I will only get an additional two years for the $671 from iMoto. You can only get 5 years total warranty from BRP. Kind of blows but that is the way it is.
    However at that point, if you are still riding that Spyder and want to continue to ride it, you can then look at an aftermarket warranty and get whatever they will sell you and if the price seems good to you.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

If one wants extra warranty protection after the factory or B.E.S.T. extended warranty expires, just rat hole some extra $$ each month. My B.E.S.T. extended warranty expired unused, but if I ever plan to buy a newer machine I will still get one from iMotorsports.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S