Spyder Garage

Default What is this BRP harness extra connector actually for?

Hi all - I'm currently installing the BRP hitch to my wife's 2021 Spyder RT-L. The attached pictures show an extra wiring connection in the harness (PN 710006904) that is not shown in the instructions.

With the RT's tail-lights plugged into the harness via their connections, and with the ignition on (both engine off and engine running), there is no voltage at the extra spade connector. Same when the brake is applied.

So the extra connection is not a switched +12V supply or a brake light supply. Anyone know what the extra spade terminal is for?

p.s. Kindly ignore the huge amount of under-skin dirt -- every time the RT goes out and returns it has to traverse 2.5 miles of (very) dusty gravel road
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

that should be power check to see if fuse in trailer power

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    that should be power check to see if fuse in trailer power
    Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case. I checked the RT's trailer fuse (F4 in the right fuse panel); it is good, and the contacts on the fuse show unswitched battery voltage at both sides of the fuse. At the rear spade connection, no voltage, whether ignition off or on.

Happy to take further suggestions.