Spyder Garage

Default Fitted LED's, got the Hyper flash; now can't get front direction lights out! HELP?!

TRIED LAMONTSTER'S 'FIX' FOR DIRECTION LIGHTS HYPER-FLASH.....

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/hyper-flash-reset/

I installed LED lights in the rear, and those go crazy when I put on my turn signals.... The video that Lamontster posted either doesn't work for the 2019 F3S, or I'm at fault (most likely)....

I figured I'd just install some LED's up front to correct the issue... However, I'm at a loss as to how to access those bulbs???? I pulled the front wheels off, and there are a number of small screws which I removed (very loose from the factory, I might add) to no avail, the housing that holds the bulbs will not come out.... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??

Has anyone got the answer??? Is a SPECIAL TOOL required to remove the front directional lenses?? HELP!!!

DAN P
    SPYD3R
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

dont forget to undo the adjuster cable

Spyder Garage

As far as the hyper flash thing goes, I did the "fix" several times. It works for a bit and then the hyper mode comes back. I don't even mess with it anymore. My turn signals are flashing nice and bright and that's good enough for me.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Or….Dan, you could put in the same bulb type, but the ones with built in resistors. I trust you saw how old that video is. Resistor bulbs for these types of applications are more readily available these days. That’s the correct way.

Edit: Thank you rj below for helping out. I knew someone would post a link. I didn’t have time to look one up.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 04-11-2024 at 03:23 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Lamonster method does not work on later models such as yours. I ordered these from Amazon and they work fine. No hyper flash.

2 - BAU15S LED Bulbs Amber Yellow 2800LM Turn Signal Built-in Load Resistors
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Yeah, 2019 F3-S ---- the fix didn't work for me either. It slowed the flash for a while. By the next time I rode it the fast flash was going again. It would not stay fixed. It is flashing and anybody with a brain knows what that means, so I am not worried about it. Maybe the fast flashing will get more attention and some brain-dead, cell phone texter behind me, will actually notice it.

I have not changed any bulbs or added any lights. The fast flash was happening with all OEM parts .......... and still is.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

OK SPYD3R LOVERS of all kinds..... THANX for all the input....

However, I still need an answer to the 2nd part of my question:

HOW DO YOU ACCESS THE FRONT DIRECTIONAL BULBS???????

I just can't seem to find my way to these little buggers.....

And what is the bulbs nomenclature???

Dan
    SPYD3R
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 07:25 PM.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Regardless of whether your front turn signal lights are in the mirrors, or on the front fender tips - they made the change somewhere around then - they are already LEDs. A sealed unit. Not owner serviceable.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 04-11-2024 at 09:02 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RSS that I recently bought used. It has standard turn signal bulbs, but the previous owner had installed amber and red LEDs in place of the reflectors on the fenders. Don't know if that was the cause, but I had hyperflash. I used the LaMonster technique, and is working so far. Thanks for posting the video link.
    Last edited by DickB; 04-12-2024 at 03:59 PM.
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Spyder RSS