Spyder Garage

Default Should I buy OEM RT floorboard and passenger lights? Or a/mkt options?

Should I buy the Can Am OEM version of these floorboard & passenger lights as an option when I get the bike, or is there a better option for these lights? One that is coloured, or can even change the colour as you want?

Thanks

Peter
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2024 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hancop View Post
    Should I buy the Can Am OEM version of these floorboard & passenger lights as an option when I get the bike, or is there a better option for these lights? One that is coloured, or can even change the colour as you want?

Thanks

Peter
    Telling us the YEAR of your RT would help a lot .... or at least put the info in your Bio ..... I have a 14 RT that had PEGS ... I wanted floorboards and made my own from 1/4 inch aluminium diamond-plate .... wasn't difficult, they attach to the peg mounts after removing the rubber covers, they extend back towards the passenger boards and use the bolt hole located there for the rear attachment point ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2024 at 10:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sorry don't have one yet but looking to get a 2024 although they seem to have a lot of issues

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OEM are really nice if you are thinking you might want the passenger also; do it all at once or you'll have to change the harness out.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-10-2024 at 08:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

If you want a solid bright white light, OEM works and fits nicely.
    If you want the option to change colors - aftermarket. If you want to save some $ - aftermarket. If you want lights that double as turn indicators - aftermarket.

Quite a few folks add lights to the fenders as well, and those are also aftermarket. A few vendors here sell LED strips (lights) for the Spyders. As mentioned above, you'll need to have the harness too, depending on what you decide.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-10-2024 at 08:57 PM.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have an '18 RTL and ride with a buddy on a '23 with the OEM floorboard LEDs. Amazing how much light they throw down and out, definitely makes the Spyder much more visible from the rear and sides; though his have had problems (twice back to the dealer to correct, possibly they weren't properly installed in the first place, but they're fixed now.)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 01:43 AM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020