Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Just changed the front on my 2015 F3 with 28,000 miles. Had my local tire shop mount and balance for $60 and got the KR20 Kenda's from Amazon for $150. Tire date was Nov 2023 so pretty new. I replaced because of age because the stock still had a year or 2 more.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Just changed the front on my 2015 F3 with 28,000 miles. Had my local tire shop mount and balance for $60 and got the KR20 Kenda's from Amazon for $150. Tire date was Nov 2023 so pretty new. I replaced because of age because the stock still had a year or 2 more.
    No point changing if zero issues. A rough calculation would be at least a million Kendas have been used on Spyders to date but like anything you only hear about the problematic cases. That then turns into reported personalised benefits of alternatives that don't replicate the original intended design parameters of the Kendas. Whether that suits your needs or not is akin to the discussion about 5w40 v 10w40 oil. Both do the job with minor calculations needed by the individual circumstances to nail what is more important overall if you want to fine tune.
    They're all round and black and as long as it's got oil has also worked for countless billions of vehicle owners that just want to get from A to B which in turn gives rise to competing suppliers who all claim latest and greatest but that can't be proven till the product is exhausted.
    Do your own research and if the product is lacking or not then you have the answer. If you can't be bothered researching, consider the hundreds of variables that apply to reaching a conclusion on which tyre and if you think your circumstances match that exactly of the reviewer you've just got lucky but the odds of that happening are slim to none. Does the word compromise now ring a bell if you use a different tyre?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-12-2024 at 09:07 PM. Reason: ' 's
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic