Spyder Garage

Default Anyone put BajaRon Ultra Sway Bar on a 2024?

Was finishing up the install of the Ultra Sway Bar on my 2024, and I don't see any way this is going to work without having cut the plastic fender liner behind the tires to create enough clearance. The swing arms hit the plastic when the bar is centered, and I can't see that's really ideal.

Unfortunately, I cut my stock sway bar to get it out, otherwise I'd just it back in and be done with this. Hoping someone else has put one on a 2024 and can look at my pictures and see if it looks anything like yours. The bar is not centered at the moment because doing so will make the sway bar arms impact the plastics and just not sure what to do with it.

Thanks.

IMG_6375.jpg IMG_6373.jpg

IMG_6372.jpg IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6370.jpg IMG_6369.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 07:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Not a problem. The back of the arm will lightly touch the plastic on most, though not all, 2020 + models. Not a problem on earlier Spyders. We've got customers with over 50k with the arm touching the plastic with no signs of wear. It won't hurt the function of the sway bar at all. We tried trimming the arms to where they did not hit. But it takes some important material from an area that we don't want to sacrifice to get the desired clearance. It's not ideal, I will admit. But since there is no functional or cosmetic consequences. We decided to leave the tried-and-true design alone.

I am going to put something in the instructions regarding this.

But it looks to me (could be angle of the pictures though) that the bar needs to move further to the right, not the left (sitting on the bike).

Hope this helps.

Ron (bajaron)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 07:17 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Yep, we just did one of these on a '23 and it barely touched the plastic, called Ron and co., they told us not to worry and my buddy has a couple thousand miles already and hasn't caused a problem.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Yup ... Mine is basically perfectly centered on my 2022 RT STS and it also makes slight contact with plastic. No worries...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes, got mine done on my 2024 Spyder RTL by a reputable mechanic in Houston, TX. Yes, they do hit the fender but it only moves up and down. Was informed that it won’t hurt anything and it doesn’t. Have ridden 360 miles with it and there have been no problems, it will just make a slight mark on the plastic. But it looks like in your pic that it needs to be moved over closer (sideways) toward the plastic.

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone. I did finally get the bar centered and the arms are just inside the plastic on both sides and I don't think it'll cause any issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Thanks everyone. I did finally get the bar centered and the arms are just inside the plastic on both sides and I don't think it'll cause any issues.
    Awesome! Let us know what you think when you get the chance to ride. To clarify, the 2020 through 2024 models are all the same in regards to this particular subject.

Spyder Garage

Here's how the arms ended up sitting just inside the plastic pieces when I finished. The distance from the arm to plastic is virtually identical on both sides, but the shadow makes it look little bigger on the passenger side. I am going to take it out today hopefully for a few hours to really get a feel for it, but it seemed a little more stable on my quick test drive yesterday.

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 10.11.09 AM.jpg

Spyder Garage

Here's how the arms ended up sitting just inside the plastic pieces when I finished. The distance from the arm to plastic is virtually identical on both sides, but the shadow makes it look little bigger on the passenger side. I am going to take it out today hopefully for a few hours to really get a feel for it, but it seemed a little more stable on my quick test drive yesterday.

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 10.11.09 AM.jpg
    Couldn't you trim the plastic a little bit right there?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaverdog View Post
    Maybe, but didn't seem like it would be that easy. Have to see how the plastic wears along the side of the arm. Doesn't look like it'll be too bad.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaverdog View Post
    You could, but it is completely unnecessary. Won't make any difference to the plastic or the function of the bar kit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You could, but it is completely unnecessary. Won't make any difference to the plastic or the function of the bar kit.
    Does the way the arms are next to the plastic pieces on mine look like what you'd expect? The arms are just inside the plastic and it seems like maybe the plastic is pushed outward a bit.

Spyder Garage

Does the way the arms are next to the plastic pieces on mine look like what you'd expect? The arms are just inside the plastic and it seems like maybe the plastic is pushed outward a bit.
    From what I can see in the picture the install looks fine. But the bar is not centered based on clearance to the plastic. The bar is centered based on the end links being vertical (not skewed to one side or the other).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    From what I can see in the picture the install looks fine. But the bar is not centered based on clearance to the plastic. The bar is centered based on the end links being vertical (not skewed to one side or the other).
    OK. They looked pretty vertical to me when I buttoned it up, but now that I've ridden it a bit I'll check them out again and confirm. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

OK. They looked pretty vertical to me when I buttoned it up, but now that I've ridden it a bit I'll check them out again and confirm. Thanks!
    It doesn't hurt to check tightness of the various component connections if you do that.