Spyder Garage

Default Front end vibration w/new Vredestein tires ... Follow up

I had new Vredesteins mounted a couple weeks ago and wrote in a thread about a pretty severe vibration in the handlebars when doing 60+ mph. The 3 tires were mounted, balanced, and an alignment done during the annual service performed, as well as an oil change. This was done at my regular dealer at my initial appointment. This is a 60 mile ride one-way. Took the bike back a couple days later to show them the problem only to find out the balancing machine was out of service and thus nothing could be done to check the tires until it was repaired (bad circuit board). Took the bike back for the 3rd trip a week or so later and they found the front tires to be way out of balance. They balanced and apologized for saying they balanced initially, but obviously didn't. Got home and saw that my left fender was almost touching the tire on the back side and had been whacked with something that bent the fender mounting support. 4th trip, and the dealer was able to replace the fender with one from their demo ride. Kudos to them for taking the responsibility for that and not making me wait a month for a new replacement. Anyway, that's my follow-up to my original post reply of a few weeks ago. I have the Altimax 45 (215/60) on the rear and the Vredesteins (165/60) on the front. I think they'll be great! Thanks Mike for your input!

2022 RTL HyperSilver
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour White
    2022 RTL , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TimKW View Post
    I had new Vredesteins mounted a couple weeks ago and wrote in a thread about a pretty severe vibration in the handlebars when doing 60+ mph. The 3 tires were mounted, balanced, and an alignment done during the annual service performed, as well as an oil change. This was done at my regular dealer at my initial appointment. This is a 60 mile ride one-way. Took the bike back a couple days later to show them the problem only to find out the balancing machine was out of service and thus nothing could be done to check the tires until it was repaired (bad circuit board). Took the bike back for the 3rd trip a week or so later and they found the front tires to be way out of balance. They balanced and apologized for saying they balanced initially, but obviously didn't. Got home and saw that my left fender was almost touching the tire on the back side and had been whacked with something that bent the fender mounting support. 4th trip, and the dealer was able to replace the fender with one from their demo ride. Kudos to them for taking the responsibility for that and not making me wait a month for a new replacement. Anyway, that's my follow-up to my original post reply of a few weeks ago. I have the Altimax 45 (215/60) on the rear and the Vredesteins (165/60) on the front. I think they'll be great! Thanks Mike for your input!
    You've got a great dealer there if not only do they fess up to their mistakes but they will work with aftermarket tires!!!

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a rough start. Hopefully, you'll have smooth sailing from here out. That tire combination should do you very well. You can find cheaper options. But I'm not sure you can find better than what you selected.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Tim, that's great news.... BUUUUTTTT!!

Search is not working atm, but your post/this thread really should've been added to the earlier discussion about this, even if just to give that thread/discussion closure on the subject; but also to keep ALL the info about your Vredesteins & 'their' vibrations in the one place! With it spread out across a couple of threads like this, people hafta go search for your earlier discussion/any other comments, which is a bit confusing to say the least!

So once Search is working again and I'm able, I'll merge this into that thread, or if it's an add-on in another thread, I might pull all your earlier discussion into this one!

But please, everyone, if you start discussing something in one thread, DO NOT start another thread to tell us the final outcome!! ALWAYS try to keep all your discussion on a given subject in the one place! If you started it in one thread and later feel the need to move it into its own thread from wherever, talk to a Moderator so we can help, but Please, DO NOT START ANOTHER THREAD!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-04-2024 at 08:36 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

At least the dealer made good. However, knowing how I am, I would be asking the dealer for some kind of retribution for my time. I can see maybe going back a 2nd time, but a 4th? Good lord.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue